Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CALM DOWN "

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

" CALM DOWN "

I actually can’t believe how quickly a lot of people have turned on warnock after 7 games.

Remember where we were 2 years ago?

Yesterday we came off the back of 3 straight defeats to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. Yes we should have won against Newcastle and probably Huddersfield but we were just finding our feet in the premier league with a championship quality team.

I don’t think anyone actually expected us to stay up this season but all the crap that we will have the worst points total in history is ridiculous.

We played really well yesterday and the wins will come at home, just support the team 110% or don’t bother turning up at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CALM DOWN "

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:58 am

Playing well doesn't equal points unfortunately.
Tell me where our first win will come from?
It's a reality that we will by the looks have the lowest points tally.
Is the ride that enjoyable.
It's like being on the back of the pirate ship ride in the fairground.
That is not an enjoyable ride

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:16 am

castle view blu wrote:Playing well doesn't equal points unfortunately.
That is not an enjoyable ride

Playing well will equal points eventually. We need to focus on fulham home now.

One win can change everything. I hate losing but turning our backs on the boys won’t help

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:30 am

I agree. Personally I think as a team Cardiff played their best football of the season yesterday and were undone by a couple of sucker punches and some fine saves from Hart. We created plenty of good chances and on another day 4 or 5 of those shots would have resulted in a goal. The majority supporters that attend the games are 100% behind Warnock and the team whether we stay up or not. The club is in a unique position and the real supporters pay the money to be entertained not to be guaranteed a win. Most will be there next season irrelevant of what division we're in. Ps. Palace were in a worse position than us at the same stage last season.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:41 am

I agree on part it was predictable with our fans they would react like this, some on here and in the real world go from one extreme to the next. some saying they backed Warnock no matter and he has to be here next season to wanting him out after 7 games, that’s not everyone but I think it happens quite a bit.

I don’t agree about the sentiment of remember where we were 2 years ago though. I think everyone would agree he has been brilliant for the club and he gets the huge plaudits for that but that doesn’t mean he can’t escape criticism.

I felt it was a very frustrating day yesterday and agree we played well and it had plenty of positives. Frustratingly it also made it glaringly obvious what a poor transfer window we had irrespective of how much we had to spent in my opinion it was spend on the wrong positions on the wrong types of players

Does Warnock have the footballing ability to turn it around and get more from the keys players? I’m not sure but for now he has my backing as I can still see improvements and I don’t really see many wanting the job at the moment with the squad looking so unbalanced. Bellamy would be the obvious one but after his comments yesterday I really don’t think he is the type of person id want as manager.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:51 am

I love Warnock I really do but at the beginning of the season I said if he does not have 8 points on the board then he should resign
Personally I think we need 11 points by Christmas and look at the January market that he does like to spend money or do business in

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:18 pm

BluebirdRyan18 wrote:" CALM DOWN "

I actually can’t believe how quickly a lot of people have turned on warnock after 7 games.

Remember where we were 2 years ago?

Yesterday we came off the back of 3 straight defeats to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. Yes we should have won against Newcastle and probably Huddersfield but we were just finding our feet in the premier league with a championship quality team.

I don’t think anyone actually expected us to stay up this season but all the crap that we will have the worst points total in history is ridiculous.

We played really well yesterday and the wins will come at home, just support the team 110% or don’t bother turning up at all.

Couldn't agree more. As I watched the team progress gradually and eventually into the premiership I felt this great cultural memory of the generations of hard working people who'd centred their hopes and loyalties upon the club in the past .
These were people who struggled on with grim determination against all sorts of disadvantage and dissapointment - men who donated a few pennies each from their paltry slave wages to educate me and others so we could go out into the world with a chance.
14 hour shifts in the colliery before lights didn't stop them, nor did Hitler bombing the place.

I can't believe the way all these people here are giving up so very easily and turning on the club, it's players and the manager.
They're hardly fit to be called supporters and as and when things turn round a bit I don't want to hear any of them suddenly joining in again.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:I agree. Personally I think as a team Cardiff played their best football of the season yesterday and were undone by a couple of sucker punches and some fine saves from Hart. We created plenty of good chances and on another day 4 or 5 of those shots would have resulted in a goal. The majority supporters that attend the games are 100% behind Warnock and the team whether we stay up or not. The club is in a unique position and the real supporters pay the money to be entertained not to be guaranteed a win. Most will be there next season irrelevant of what division we're in. Ps. Palace were in a worse position than us at the same stage last season.

I agree the result was disappointing but the performance was pretty good. Our defence is obviously an issue now and needs working on in training.

We are starting to weed out the wheat from the chaff on the playing front. Zohore can no long be considered the main striker I think Danny Ward has nailed that position for now. Josh Murphy has to be an automatic starter and Víctor Camarasa had a great game on the right. Reid/Patterson are the No.10 contenders with Arter and Ralls providing a decent base. Everything beyond the back 5 is looking pretty decent it's the defence which needs radical changing.

We always suspected that Manga wouldn't make a Premiership right back and that is proving to be so. I would move him into central defence at the expense of Bamba who at 33/34 is clearly struggling. The replacement RB is up for debate but if Aron Gunnarsson is fit soon I'd ask him to do a job there or call on Matt Connelly who did a job there last time we were in the PL. Greg Cunningham is not having a decent go at LB and it could be argued he was at fault for both goals. Joe Bennett if fit has to come back in.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 pm

If it was'nt for Warnock we would be probably be doing a lot better this season. We would still be in the Championship so I'm sure we would already have a few wins under our belt.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 pm

We are enjoying premier league football and the atmosphere in the ground is fantastic we got to keep the players sprits up support them no matter what as for Warnock I'm sick of people calling for his head is ridiculous let's all stick together no matter what.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Bluebirdsinblue18 wrote:We are enjoying premier league football and the atmosphere in the ground is fantastic we got to keep the players sprits up support them no matter what as for Warnock I'm sick of people calling for his head is ridiculous let's all stick together no matter what.

Some fans were booing at the final whistle yesterday (small minority) but I genuinely couldn’t believe it after the performance they put in. They need our support to the final whistle. I back warnock fully

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:If it was'nt for Warnock we would be probably be doing a lot better this season. We would still be in the Championship so I'm sure we would already have a few wins under our belt.

Your probably right but i think it’s the lack of investment that’s let us down. Not warnock, 1 thing certain is that he can keep the dressing room onside and keep the team motivated.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Does Warnock have the footballing ability to turn it around and get more from the keys players? I’m not sure but for now he has my backing as I can still see improvements and I don’t really see many wanting the job at the moment with the squad looking so unbalanced. Bellamy would be the obvious one but after his comments yesterday I really don’t think he is the type of person id want as manager.

I think the performance of murphy especially yesterday shows what warnock can do in terms of bringing the best out in players. We’re a championship quality team with one (i think) premier league experienced player with harry arter. We are adapting and improving and the performance yesterday shows this. We need to be patient

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 pm

castle view blu wrote:Playing well doesn't equal points unfortunately.
No, but good performances will ultimately get rewarded with points. Yesterday was a decent performance.

Spurs :thumbup:

Only need three wins and a draw to avoid that. 32 games to do it in.

Yep, we're in the prem, in blue. Considering the mantra a few years back was rather be in league 2 and in blue then I'll take that
:bluescarf:

That's the best place. Back seats are always where the cool stuff happens... busses, pirate ships, parked cars 8-)

That is not an enjoyable ride.
Completley down to you but I'm gonna keep enjoying watching us on the biggest stage even if it is just for a season.

Cheer up man - we've been through far worse times in recent years, let alone in the 90s when I cut me teeth with the mighty bluebirds bouncing around the lower leagues. We'll be fine. In the famous words of the mighty Parappa the Rappa - you gotta believe!

:ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:41 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:If it was'nt for Warnock we would be probably be doing a lot better this season. We would still be in the Championship so I'm sure we would already have a few wins under our belt.

Nice one, Steve! ;) :thumbright: :clap: :clap:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:48 am

Calm down indeed!
We have plenty of time to turn things around although it’s going to be very tough and we have to watch we don’t become cut adrift and isolated at the bottom. If that happens I don’t think we’ll have enough to win 2 or 3 games in a row to get out of the relegation zone.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Everyone is behind Warnock but when things ain't going right you have to expect criticism.

I don't know why fans are constantly getting knocked down because they are criticising the manager/team and have to live in this happy larry bubble of what Warnock done 2 years ago to where we are now, every single City fan appreciates what he has done for this club but we are living in the now not the past and not in a good position.

I think more than anything the fans like me and others criticising are more frustrated than anything because we've had opportunities to get 3 wins v Newcastle, Huddersfield and Burnley and picked up 2 points out of the 9 I think on the balance of stats, tempo and pressure I thought we were better than the 3 teams named in the games. Also more frustrating that people thought we was gonna struggle a lot more than we have because we shown we can play football on the ground with the 2 loan signings and give anyone game.. bar Man City and maybe Bournemouth we have been in every single game right until 80-90 minutes including Chelsea and Arsenal in that list.

I think a long with the mistakes we made in conceding goals that Warnock can be woeful with his timing and subs on times, I do question at home games that we are in the same ground because I don't know what game he is watching sometimes when keeping the same team without making a sub.