Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: David Moyes or Alan Pardew

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Look him up on the internet? that’s what it says?

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Look him up on the internet? that’s what it says?

whatever site your looking at is wrong mate.
he had a real good start picking up 10 points in his first 5 games but it went down hill after that...

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:We already have a very good manager.

Warnock has actually said that should we be adrift he will walk...agree its a bit premature to discuss it but it is a football forum and when topics come up people will comment including yourself.
personally i think he has done a fantastic job not just on the football side either and therefore deserves longer than would otherwise be the case. the reality is though clubs have ALWAYS sacked managers and ALWAYS discarded players who have been good servants.. especially when moving up a level..fans for some reason seem quite willing to ditch a player with 200 apps for a club with the rationale that although good enough at one level,not good enough for the next this doesnt seem to extend to managers though..why?

No it doesn't , and I'll tell you why. The input of a manager initially is much less than people seem to imagine - no one can take an existing team which is already trying hard and wave a wand to improve their ability. All the most successful managers in the English game have one thing in common - longevity in the job.
Bill Shankley, Sir Matt Busby, Bob Paisley, Alec Fergusson and Arsen Wenge. Each one gradually built their teams in their own image over time and achieved greatness . In my opinion, the only thing preventing Sir Neil from doing that is the fact that unfortunately he's getting quite old, but he can stil take us a long way to that goal.
Teams who change manager mid season usually regret that decision and I'd guarantee that we would soon realise that .
Does anyone remember how well it worked last time we brought in a new manager half way through a Premiership season ?

We start from now and from where we actually are, with the players and other rescourses we have right now. If we crapped on Sir Neil's head I'd certainly walk away, but that's neither here nor there - whoever took over would have to start from scratch and there's not enough time to do that at this stage of the season.
By the way, I hope I haven't given the impression that I mind anyone having their own opinions, but we can certainly disagree without being disagreeable , and if I believe any of these opinions to be wrong and actually likely to harm our club then I'll say so.
I base my thinking upon very long years of experience ,during which I have often gained victories in circumstances which could have been expected to have gone the other way, and I don't bother to say anything unless I've thought it out a lot. If anything I have far too much confidence in myself as a decision maker but it's usually been my role in one way or another and I couldn't have done that if I didn't believe in myself and INTENDED to succeed . I'm not a bad person, but it's true that I am in many ways a bombastic bossy old b*stard who somehow expects everyone to do what I tell them to without arguing !
For this, I apologise and I ask you to forgive my often brusque manner - it's just that I'm unreasonably impatient about people making earnest suggestions which I know won't work because I've seen the same things tried unsuccessfully so many times before .

At the end of the day we're all on the same side and we all want the same thing so I'm sorry if I seemed harsh on the cowards and traitors who aren't holding the line . ( Sorry, couldn't help that) !
:old:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Get behind Warnock FFS. Don’t think most realise you could have Pepe as manager here and wouldn’t keep us up. Any new manager would have to have a clear out and basically start again. If we go down Warnock will build and would be one of the very few managers out there that would have a good chance of getting us back up.