Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Moyes or Alan Pardew

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:10 pm

I bet they'd both relish the chance of trying to keep us up ... if things go from bad to worst, one of these wouldn't be a bad call.

Re: David Moyes or Alan Pardew

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Pardew for ffs! Do you really think the club could afford Moyes??

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I bet they'd both relish the chance of trying to keep us up ... if things go from bad to worst, one of these wouldn't be a bad call.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Leader of the Warnock out brigade. :lol: Pardew!!! I'd rather have Slade back.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Don’t want Moyes anywhere near our club tbh

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Having a laugh I suspect. They would have the same group of players to work with, and I doubt if either of those would get as much out of them as Warnock. Like someone else said, just as well bring back Slade as those two.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Don’t want Moyes anywhere near our club tbh

not that will happen ..but Moyes did a first class job at Everton.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

I'll admit he didn't do a bad job at WHU either considering he had nothing like the budget Pelligrini's got.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:42 pm

I was joking lads, I like Warnock but frustrated at his inability to combat prem life, I don't mind Pardew or Moyes, would prefer Moyes myself as I could see Pardew falling out with some of the players.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:27 pm

dogfound wrote:

Can’t argue with Everton or West Ham but Man Utd was shocking, well out of his depth and made him look like he had no clue

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 pm

We ain't man it's. However he had a better win percentage than Jose at the start of his man utd reign

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I bet they'd both relish the chance of trying to keep us up ... if things go from bad to worst, one of these wouldn't be a bad call.

seen it's a wind up, but managers of that ilk would not risk their reputation at a club with our budget, bottom of the league.

it would mark a complete u turn from the club (in fairness, not for for the first time though) as they would only consider joining us if they were given big money to spend, and a fair wedge in wages.

in any case, i'm happy with warnock. a bit of loyalty is in order after what he has done for the club.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Big Sam Alerdyce

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Can’t argue with Everton or West Ham but Man Utd was shocking, well out of his depth and made him look like he had no clue

the Man Utd team he inherited were { allthough champions } past their best..Alex Ferguson
had spoken openly about this and had in his programme notes written about summer targets and significant spending ..enter Ed Woodward who just a few days after those programme notes said in an interview...there would be no serious re tooling...Fergie retired and in steps Moyes into the biggest pair of boots ever vacated in English football.

that summer window, spurs spent 100 mill , City 95 mill, Chelsea , Arsenal and Liverpool between 45 and 50 mill each and he was allowed to sign Fellani...personally i dont think he was given a fair crack at it..the following year they spent 100mill ?

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:49 pm

If the club are willing to stretch themselves, Big Sam all day

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:30 am

I was talking to the England goalkeeping coach last Saturday, he was going to look at Joe Hart ( could be the reason why he played the way he did ) Very strong rumours that Sam Allardyce has been lined up

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:58 am

Big Sam :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 am

Big Sam all day! Bring in pardew we may as well give up on the premiership

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Moonstomper wrote:I was talking to the England goalkeeping coach last Saturday, he was going to look at Joe Hart ( could be the reason why he played the way he did ) Very strong rumours that Sam Allardyce has been lined up

Sams best mate in the whole wide world Daya says no chance.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Moonstomper wrote:I was talking to the England goalkeeping coach last Saturday, he was going to look at Joe Hart ( could be the reason why he played the way he did ) Very strong rumours that Sam Allardyce has been lined up

Sams best mate in the whole wide world Daya says no chance.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:57 pm

We already have a very good manager.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:28 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:We already have a very good manager.

Warnock has actually said that should we be adrift he will walk...agree its a bit premature to discuss it but it is a football forum and when topics come up people will comment including yourself.
personally i think he has done a fantastic job not just on the football side either and therefore deserves longer than would otherwise be the case. the reality is though clubs have ALWAYS sacked managers and ALWAYS discarded players who have been good servants.. especially when moving up a level..fans for some reason seem quite willing to ditch a player with 200 apps for a club with the rationale that although good enough at one level,not good enough for the next this doesnt seem to extend to managers though..why?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 pm

I do have doubts about NW in the Premier League.
His team selection is often a little odd (playing Arter out wide left or Pelts up against lightning wingers) and his stubbornness not to change things when they are clearly not working has costs us games. The classic late late substitutions in the the dying minutes makes me sorry for Madine when he’s given less than 5 minutes to make an impact.
That said I don’t think he should ever go. For what he did last season, I’m surprised he hasn’t yet been honoured by the City.
If things are still going pear shaped by the end of December, then NW should move upstairs and perhaps Blackwell should be given the chance to turn things around. He knows the players and having NW around with his man management skills can only be a positive for everyone at the club.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:06 am

Wolfpac wrote:I was joking lads, I like Warnock but frustrated at his inability to combat prem life, I don't mind Pardew or Moyes, would prefer Moyes myself as I could see Pardew falling out with some of the players.

Fu..... the prem and all the big name players. I enjoy the chase in championship. Stuff scraping points to survive. Take the money and keep bouncing straight back up.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:12 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:I was joking lads, I like Warnock but frustrated at his inability to combat prem life, I don't mind Pardew or Moyes, would prefer Moyes myself as I could see Pardew falling out with some of the players.

Fu..... the prem and all the big name players. I enjoy the chase in championship. Stuff scraping points to survive. Take the money and keep bouncing straight back up.

Why do you want to bounce up, if you so much would like to go down? Make up your mind mate.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:43 am

No doubt, because they are both shit and out of work because of it !!!

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am

JUst stick with Warnock..... changing manager would doo nothing with this squad..... :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:52 pm

No way would these two muppets keep us up! Only ones to consider are Big SAM butt he would cost a fortune,my preference Tony Pullis but he’s under contract at present or possibly the Portugese guy that kept the Jacks up when they looked doomed?

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:13 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:No way would these two muppets keep us up! Only ones to consider are Big SAM butt he would cost a fortune,my preference Tony Pullis but he’s under contract at present or possibly the Portugese guy that kept the Jacks up when they looked doomed?

i think youve missed something that might make you smile..
Swansea have been RELEGATED with that portugese guy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:48 pm

No you’re right Dogfound, the other seven managers kept them up but Carlos Carvalhal’s record of P 24,W8,D8,L8 gaining 32 points was excellent after Paul Clement’s horrendous start,and he would be a lot cheaper than the other two?

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:05 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:No you’re right Dogfound, the other seven managers kept them up but Carlos Carvalhal’s record of P 24,W8,D8,L8 gaining 32 points was excellent after Paul Clement’s horrendous start,and he would be a lot cheaper than the other two?

sorry ,i just couldnt resist but i think you need to revisit those stats..Swansea went down on 33 points , so for those stats to be accurate it would mean clement got just 1 point from 20 games.?