Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some of our fans are low showing their true colours

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:56 pm

What NW did for our club was amazing, beyond our wildest dreams, fans were saying let’s go up and enjoy the season, no matter what happens, glad we haven’t spent much money so we not in same mess as last time we got relegated.. how soon it changes... bit I do like to think that it’s only a small minority ...

Re: Some of our fans are low showing their true colours

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 pm

I agree mate but sadly we live in a blame culture.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 pm

let's have some perspective alright? Nobody is having a go at the players and staff at the games

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:18 pm

I think that's a bit harsh. Warnock worked a miracle. Took us from relegation to promotion in 18 months.

He got his plaudits, he got paid his millions.

We are favourites to go down. If that happens so be it but he is not immune from criticism and let's face it he's been making some baffling decisions.

By your reasoning, a guy should be happy to continue to pay for a shit meal and service because 6 months ago he had a excellent service.

Warnock won't be here if we weren't paying millions for him. He don't give two cents about Cardiff . If we waves his salary away I'll stand corrected.

Untill then fans who paying hard earned money have a right to question him.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:13 am

Bobbankh123 wrote:I think that's a bit harsh. Warnock worked a miracle. Took us from relegation to promotion in 18 months.

He got his plaudits, he got paid his millions.

We are favourites to go down. If that happens so be it but he is not immune from criticism and let's face it he's been making some baffling decisions.

By your reasoning, a guy should be happy to continue to pay for a shit meal and service because 6 months ago he had a excellent service.

Warnock won't be here if we weren't paying millions for him. He don't give two cents about Cardiff . If we waves his salary away I'll stand corrected.

Untill then fans who paying hard earned money have a right to question him.

And by your reasoning you still want steak and chips but only want to pay for beans on toast.Yet another shout loud newbie who's billy big bollox when it comes to spending someone else's money.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 am

Why do people think the players and manager should be immune to criticism?
You dont perform you get criticises, if you dont like it then you're following the wrong spprt

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 am

That is a funny analogy with the steak and chips.

But where did I complain about the amount of money Tan has invested? I can understand Tans logic of not wanting to get burned again.

The point I was making is blind loyalty to someone, who is only here for their million pound pay packet, is just as extreme.

Warnock has made serious errors and its costing us. I thank him for the job he did last year of which he was was well paid.

I think he is the greatest man manager, and his achievements put him in the top managers in recent times.I want him to have a go at the Premier league which he deserved. If we go down we go down.

But as long as I'm paying for my season ticket,im entitled to questions his poor decisions. Where we are is not down to quality. against Huddersfield Newcastle and Burnley it was down to Warnock.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:33 am

Here for the money?So is every other manager in the prem and the championship too for that matter.Don't mind your opinion at all so I guess the newbie comment was over the top but calling the manager a mercinary is a bit much too.My opinion is if he loses the fans support he will walk before he's pushed.He's said many times he doesn't need this kind of shite.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:43 am

It's a problem in general with society these days, loyalty counts for nothing, a disposable generation that wants change as soon as things get tough. FFS it was always going to be tough but some of the defeatist comments have been unbelievable, Warnock is the best since Scoular, for crying out loud get off his back.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:29 am

banana bob wrote:It's a problem in general with society these days, loyalty counts for nothing, a disposable generation that wants change as soon as things get tough. FFS it was always going to be tough but some of the defeatist comments have been unbelievable, Warnock is the best since Scoular, for crying out loud get off his back.

That's quite right. I feel numbed by recent events - not the fact that the team has had a bad patch, a bit of bad luck and some dissapointing results. All that can be fixed and the situation turned around. No, it's the spineless and disloyal comments and attitudes of so many so called 'supporters' of the club now.
These are shallow people who obviously don't know anything about the struggles and setbacks of eventually succeeding at anything. Maybe it's this bloody computer game I see spoken of everywhere ,where I gather it's all about buying players for your fantasy football team and winning the World Cup the following day, or maybe that they know no fear or consequence in their largely imaginary world.
For years, some have commented upon the gradual "infantasisation" of our people by an increasingly intrusive nanny state, and perhaps this explains why so many of them are so shocked and despondent at the first sign of difficulty. Their answer to it is to immediately give up and start looking for someone to punish.
They don't care how well the players and managers have done so far or how hard they're fighting to put it right. They have no regard whatever for the fact that they are the blokes actually in there doing their best to turn the tide . No, they just think all these men have a duty to fulfill their own little fantasy version of hard won success and earn their sense of achievement for them.
I'm not ashamed of our players, who are all dedicated professional sportsmen working hard and thus making the most of their abilities. Nor am I ashamed of our Manager, who has facilitated all this and made the very best of what he has to work with. No, I'm ashamed ,many very deeply ashamed I must say, of the whining little tossers who've forgotten all they've done and continue to do and are now very happy to throw them to the wolves without a second though.

I think the first game I watched was, ( coincidentally), against Spurs in 1961 or something and watched them home and away for years after that . Later, I've followed their results from some very strange and unlikely locations from Africa to the Polar Circle, Australia and the USA. I've even sat in a hut in Papua New Guinea trying to get the radio guy to find out Cardiff's result. In all that time I've held an affinity to the club and its supporters , ( who I've also met in strange and unexpected places).
In all that time though, I've never ever before felt so ashamed and disgusted by other supporters of the club as I do sitting here reading some of the stuff you've rightly complained about. If that's what they've become, I honestly don't know whether I've got anything in common with them any more.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:35 am

2 typos there - won't let me edit it so use your imagination

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:13 am

Problem is that some fans think managing a team on an x box game is the real thing. Lots seem to live in this fantasy football world played in their living rooms. I've noticed that some of the fans who criticise the team constantly have only appeared since we got promoted. I'm not sure where they were when we were just a championship side. I suppose if we are relegated the number of armchair critics will drop off as I am sure they will vanish just as quickly as they appeared. Have to wonder how they would have coped when we were really rubbish, and any point gained in the bottom division was gratefully accepted.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 am

Plastics please go back to your x box.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am

Warnock till i die.

HOWEVER, IF HE DID WALKAWAY I'D TAKE PULIS. LOL,LOL

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
banana bob wrote:It's a problem in general with society these days, loyalty counts for nothing, a disposable generation that wants change as soon as things get tough. FFS it was always going to be tough but some of the defeatist comments have been unbelievable, Warnock is the best since Scoular, for crying out loud get off his back.

That's quite right. I feel numbed by recent events - not the fact that the team has had a bad patch, a bit of bad luck and some dissapointing results. All that can be fixed and the situation turned around. No, it's the spineless and disloyal comments and attitudes of so many so called 'supporters' of the club now.
These are shallow people who obviously don't know anything about the struggles and setbacks of eventually succeeding at anything. Maybe it's this bloody computer game I see spoken of everywhere ,where I gather it's all about buying players for your fantasy football team and winning the World Cup the following day, or maybe that they know no fear or consequence in their largely imaginary world.
For years, some have commented upon the gradual "infantasisation" of our people by an increasingly intrusive nanny state, and perhaps this explains why so many of them are so shocked and despondent at the first sign of difficulty. Their answer to it is to immediately give up and start looking for someone to punish.
They don't care how well the players and managers have done so far or how hard they're fighting to put it right. They have no regard whatever for the fact that they are the blokes actually in there doing their best to turn the tide . No, they just think all these men have a duty to fulfill their own little fantasy version of hard won success and earn their sense of achievement for them.
I'm not ashamed of our players, who are all dedicated professional sportsmen working hard and thus making the most of their abilities. Nor am I ashamed of our Manager, who has facilitated all this and made the very best of what he has to work with. No, I'm ashamed ,many very deeply ashamed I must say, of the whining little tossers who've forgotten all they've done and continue to do and are now very happy to throw them to the wolves without a second though.

I think the first game I watched was, ( coincidentally), against Spurs in 1961 or something and watched them home and away for years after that . Later, I've followed their results from some very strange and unlikely locations from Africa to the Polar Circle, Australia and the USA. I've even sat in a hut in Papua New Guinea trying to get the radio guy to find out Cardiff's result. In all that time I've held an affinity to the club and its supporters , ( who I've also met in strange and unexpected places).
In all that time though, I've never ever before felt so ashamed and disgusted by other supporters of the club as I do sitting here reading some of the stuff you've rightly complained about. If that's what they've become, I honestly don't know whether I've got anything in common with them any more.

You make some good points, but most of the negativity seems to be on here. The atmosphere at the games is much more upbeat.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Bobbankh123 wrote:That is a funny analogy with the steak and chips.

But where did I complain about the amount of money Tan has invested? I can understand Tans logic of not wanting to get burned again.

The point I was making is blind loyalty to someone, who is only here for their million pound pay packet, is just as extreme.

Warnock has made serious errors and its costing us. I thank him for the job he did last year of which he was was well paid.

I think he is the greatest man manager, and his achievements put him in the top managers in recent times.I want him to have a go at the Premier league which he deserved. If we go down we go down.

But as long as I'm paying for my season ticket,im entitled to questions his poor decisions. Where we are is not down to quality. against Huddersfield Newcastle and Burnley it was down to Warnock.

I don't think there should be blind loyalty either and some of the stuff ive read of late begs the question are they Cardiff fans or Warnock fans...
he does deserve a lot more respect than the money digs you've made though..

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

They cannot have been following city for more than 5 minutes, I agree with everything you said, have you noticed that many of them are newbies, maybe only supporters since we got promoted,
(watch them come out and say they have been supporters since God was a boy :laughing6: )some of the idiots on here are unbelievable, and yes they are entitled to their opinions, but are they really that thick?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Bobbankh123 wrote:That is a funny analogy with the steak and chips.

I wonder whether they'd give you your money back ?
No idea how much Sir Neil is being paid but I expect it's less than many managers. All managers get paid and most of them achieve very little.
If you can't tell that Neil Warnock is 120% committed to Cardiff City then you're not good at reading human nature. He doesn't need the money and he's not in it for that reason at his age. Loyalty of any sort is one of the highest virues, and it's not about money. If you think the right to comment is dependant on paying money for your season ticked then you won't understand that.

I doubt that you're in a position to be correcting Sir Neil about the mistakes he's making actually , but you are certainly entitled to say whatever you want to ,whether you've paid for a season ticket or not. You've chosen to use that entitlement to put the boot in when a man is down as a result of fighting bravely for this club against overwhelming odds and so be it, but I'm entitled also to say that I find it distasteful and shallow.
We will have better times and I expect you'll be in there enjoying that when it happens, but remember that you were the man who broke ranks when it mattered - it's easy to be a fair weather supporter.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:34 am

I don’t follow this happy clapping we must enjoy it and not question anything! There is no joy in being a national embarrassment it is difficult to take, and why shouldnt we question club. Yes I remember the days in old division 4, the yo-yo years from 3-4 and so on.

We have been found wanting because our manager had so much faith (wrongly) in last years side, he could have signed a couple more without breaking the bank, but waited for players which cost us. Tactically we are crap, individually we got 5or6 players up to it. The rest are not. 7 in 2pts up and no sign of a win possibly until Brighton head to the ccs. Hopefully with spurs injury list we can get something, but we were told by our manager we’d prove the doubters wrong and have a good go! So far we’ve bottled having a go to save a few quid, we have vastly overrated how good our squad is and we have proved everyone right. But yeah, let’s enjoy watching a team so far out of its depth.