Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE SOURCE OF OUR PROBLEM GOES BACK TO VINCENT TAN

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:19 pm

He is no where to be seen, i wonder what he thinks on our season so far.

I hope he let's Warnock spend money on a striker and a midfielder/winger in January, as it is a crucial month for us.

He only spent £30 mil in the summer when both wolves and fulham spent over £80 mil, so no matter what happens one way or another Tan will have to spend if he wants cardiff to stay in this league.

Or does he have other plans for Cardiff? like sell up and leave the club?

Re: THE SOURCE OF OUR PROBLEM GOES BACK TO VINCENT TAN

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Sorry mate but what a load of rubbish.
Do you or anyone else actually know what funds were available to NW?
I would of said it’s far more likely if NW had insisted on a player, he would have the funds to buy him.
If anything, it was NW’s dithering with Grujic that cost us. He gave the player, his agent and Liverpool too much time.
What also happened to the Turkish guy?

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Great idea, we should have gambled and spent £100m in the summer.

Then we could have gone down with even bigger debt than we already have :thumbright:

Thankfully people with a mindset like yours aren’t running the club - it seems some of our fans haven’t learnt the lessons of the past.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Sorry mate but what a load of rubbish.
Do you or anyone else actually know what funds were available to NW?
I would of said it’s far more likely if NW had insisted on a player, he would have the funds to buy him.
If anything, it was NW’s dithering with Grujic that cost us. He gave the player, his agent and Liverpool too much time.
What also happened to the Turkish guy?

Your dead right about Grujic,,,, who knows the ins and out of that situation, but it cost us a lot of valuable time.

I also have another take on the whole transfer situation,,,, Vincent Tan, I'm sure,,, wants value for money,,,, and I'm sure he's not to happy with the Gary Madine and Lee Tomlin transfers. If you were the club owner, would you be?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:48 am

NW when signing Reid even stated he needed this transfer to come off :lol:
It just shows the state of the game when signing players, that a few million spent is really just a gamble.
It can also take time to settle and adapt, and in the premier league you just do not have that time.
VT probably knows we do not have enough quality, NW stated keeping up Cardiff would be his greatest achievement ever.
Probably better the devil you know in VT unless there is someone out there with more money than him willing to spend a few 100 million.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 am

I'm no VT lover but we probably wouldn't be in the Prem if it wasn't for his dosh
Maybe he needs to bring in a few more of his friends with big bucks and have a real go. :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:03 am

No loyalty in football, if we lose our next 5 games then I'd thank Neil for everything he has done for us then send him on his way, straight on the blower to Big Sam or David Moyes to give them the keys to the treasure chest, 30-40 mill budget January, have a real pop at staying up, roll of the dice moment though as if we’re relegated we’d be in freefall, chance Vinnie isn’t willing to take, he’d rather see us relegated with current squad, parachute payments when we go down then he will sell up next season.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 am

We don't know what the budget was or if Warnock spent it all.

But we had a poor transfer window, waiting and age for players like Grujic and Abraham seems odd to me. We didn't spent what we had well enough and didn't strengthen key positions.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:09 am

A relegation gives VT a further few years to sell, with parachute payments this enables him to limit his outlay.
A relegation I’m sure will see him sell but who will pay his asking price?
I’m also sure if we had failed to get promotion and greater losses experienced he would have sold by now.
Suprised he never got any of his friends to invest and move the club to a top top level.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 am

fred keenor wrote:A relegation gives VT a further few years to sell, with parachute payments this enables him to limit his outlay.
I’m also sure if we had failed to get promotion and greater losses experienced he would have sold by now.
Suprised he never got any of his friends to invest and move the club to a top top level.

Personally I think he needs to ask himself if he is the man to take us up that next step. I don't think he is and I believe he knows that. No shame in that as there are quite a few owners who have admitted that, Simon Jordan of Crystal Palace comes to mind.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:30 am

fred keenor wrote:A relegation gives VT a further few years to sell, with parachute payments this enables him to limit his outlay.

Perhaps his friends have more sense than to get involved? :laughing6: but seriously why would anyone gamble 100m on a football club because it is a gamble. :old:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am

You have to be a multi multi billionaire to make headway into the top six.
But with the right set up and coaching you can get into the top 10.
Bournemouth are an example , but they have bought quality without doubt which is more than our owner is willing to lose

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:44 pm

fred keenor wrote:You have to be a multi multi billionaire to make headway into the top six.
But with the right set up and coaching you can get into the top 10.
Bournemouth are an example , but they have bought quality without doubt which is more than our owner is willing to lose

Bournemouth are unusual as their team when promoted was basically same one from div 1 made up of players from lower leagues, but they got a manager who is very good and they've then gone out and bought wisely gradually getting in good quality to play his way ! We've got good championship players and championship manager ? How do we progress without breaking the bank and get right manager to go up level, which tbh NW cannot do. :old:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:52 pm

It was always coming where someone had to deflect the blame on the owner, the owner has not interfered with anything or caused any controversy but some how still to blame even when he lets Warnock and staff get on with football matters. :lol:

He has openly came out with 2 players he wanted that he was chasing all summer? Warnock stuck to his guns and remained loyal to his targets and I ain't gonna sit here and hold it over him he don't speak about his targets much so it's clear that these 2 players mentioned were keen on a move but down to the clubs their at it didn't happen, striker is a priority in January and for me one player we should have been in for and I spoke about this player a lot to people and on here is Jay Rodriguez.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Personally I think he needs to ask himself if he is the man to take us up that next step. I don't think he is and I believe he knows that. No shame in that as there are quite a few owners who have admitted that, Simon Jordan of Crystal Palace comes to mind.

Absolutely right

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 pm

im sure he would have sold already if someone had offered him a reasonable amount..

seems to be lots of posts regarding him selling..would have sold by now if this or if that...youd swear there is a queue of investors ..there is not,and never has been..

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 am

Sam ReaN wrote:He is no where to be seen, i wonder what he thinks on our season so far.

I hope he let's Warnock spend money on a striker and a midfielder/winger in January, as it is a crucial month for us.

He only spent £30 mil in the summer when both wolves and fulham spent over £80 mil, so no matter what happens one way or another Tan will have to spend if he wants cardiff to stay in this league.

What a load of crap !

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am

Without Tan's money we would probably be playing the likes of Wrexham and Hartlepool by now.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 am

We certainly would never have made it to the premier league.
Probably our level would have been a PNE , Millwall etc but with this years money and the parachute payments we can significantly move the club forward whatever happens this season.
Just hope we can get that first win soon otherwise we will certainly lose a lot of the new fans gained as you can already hear their grumblings.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:20 am

Sam ReaN wrote:He is no where to be seen, i wonder what he thinks on our season so far.

You don’t half write some crap pal.

Still thinking Ramsey might sign?

Liverpool, Chelsea, Juve, Madrid (apparently) or Cardiff.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:17 am

I see from the news there that he's organising a relief effort for the huge number of people killed and injured in the Indonesian tsunami. Actually though , I'd have thought that it'd have occurred to a normal person that he might be pre occupied with an enormous event like that in the region and in the country where a large part of his business has been based.
Much as I'm committed to Cardiff City they can sell the players we've got and the stadium too if it'll save any of these kids.
I remember Aberfan and what everyone felt like, so I just dont know what anyone in Wales would have thought about some foreigner expecting attention for his bloody football team.

Two things here.
Firstly all this demonstrates the points I've made about newly interested "supporters" who demand instant gratification and quick fixes for every problem.
Secondly it reminds us that we should have some sense of proportion about the fact that Cardiff have had a few poor games because that's not a serious problem compared to other things which are happening in the world.