Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Subs

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 am

Can someone who knows the game better than I explain why Madine was a) in the squad and b) put on ahead of Kadeem who scored twice for the reserves in the week. I am willing to learn.
And do we assume Paterson was the mystery guy who trained well.

Re: Subs

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 am

palerider wrote:Can someone who knows the game better than I explain why Madine was a) in the squad and b) put on ahead of Kadeem who scored twice for the reserves in the week. I am willing to learn.

I guess so we could pump long balls to him? Harris is about 5ft :thumbright:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:42 am

palerider wrote:Can someone who knows the game better than I explain why Madine was a) in the squad and b) put on ahead of Kadeem who scored twice for the reserves in the week. I am willing to learn.

Because he can win the ball in the air and draw defenders off.
Yeah, I know he's not performing very well but without that factor the rest of Cardiff's system couldn't possibly work .

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

I guess so we could pump long balls to him? Harris is about 5ft :thumbright:

Yeah exactly. Until such times as we totally adopt a new shape we cannot do without at least one forward player who can ( theoretically anyway ) reach high balls .