Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Time wasted? '

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:13 am

' Time wasted? '

Interesting fact from the game was that the ball was actually only in play for 42mins the lowest time since early 2000.

Sean Morrison throw ins took 8 mins average 28sec each the longest 35 sec to take!

The football authorities are looking into a way around the time wasting in games because it is getting worse with team's taking more and more time up with goal kicks and goal celebration that can take 2 mins or more before game restarts, and with var more likely to be introduced we could see ball only on play 30min each halve. :o

Re: ' Time wasted? '

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 am

I like Joe Hart, and he took the banter well, but his goal kicks took ages. Most keepers are like that, though, when away from home, and not losing.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am

[quote="llangainbluebird"]I like Joe Hart, and he took the banter well, but his goal kicks took ages. Most keepers are like that, though, when away from home, and not losing.[/quote

He seemed to take longer than most and early in game as Well! Best part is refs usually book them on 89mins when it's to late. But Morrison throw in needs to go out window unless nw plans for another player to drop. Back into defence because it's costing us badly

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am

These throw ins are a complete waste of time (literally) and I’m surprised Warnock perseveres with them. The constant throwing up the line are just exactly what happens on every park football match in the country and then when the long throw comes into play, two things happen:
First, Morrison is the player needed in the box to either get the flick on or win the second ball and second, he’s caught out of position for a counter attack which happened on Sunday.
These thrown ins are ineffective and getting boring now.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Interesting this one. SKY sports reporting this, with a video of Morrison taking a throw in obviously blaming this for the lack of time the ball was in play. Just after Burnley scored the first goal, they had a goal kick. While sitting in the family stand dead opposite and in front of the big screen I could clearly see the clock. It was showing 52 mins. Joe Hart took almost a minute to take this kick and I commented to my son that they were already time wasting in the 52nd minute. No mention of this "tactic" when they made the report. Morrison apparently took 8 minutes etc over throw ins.(A waste of our time & tactic in my opinion), BUT I bet Joe Hart took as much time or even more over his goal kicks. The ref making motions for him to "hurry up" with rolling arm motions and pointing to his watch, (which Joe Hart totally ignored). No mention of showing this on Sky though. One rule for for an ex-english international eh?? :old:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:56 pm

BLUE54 wrote:Interesting this one. SKY sports reporting this, with a video of Morrison taking a throw in obviously blaming this for the lack of time the ball was in play. Just after Burnley scored the first goal, they had a goal kick. While sitting in the family stand dead opposite and in front of the big screen I could clearly see the clock. It was showing 52 mins. Joe Hart took almost a minute to take this kick and I commented to my son that they were already time wasting in the 52nd minute. No mention of this "tactic" when they made the report. Morrison apparently took 8 minutes etc over throw ins.(A waste of our time & tactic in my opinion), BUT I bet Joe Hart took as much time or even more over his goal kicks. The ref making motions for him to "hurry up" with rolling arm motions and pointing to his watch, (which Joe Hart totally ignored). No mention of showing this on Sky though. One rule for for an ex-english international eh?? :old:

Just made that point Hart walked to every ball for a goal kick must have wasted far more time than Morrison, and the problem is widespread goal celebration are taking minutes for game to restart none of which is added at end :thumbup:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:22 pm

It’s the referee’s job to add those minutes on after 45 minutes and after 90 minutes.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It’s the referee’s job to add those minutes on after 45 minutes and after 90 minutes.

It is but they don't in 99.9% of cases :o

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Interesting this one. SKY sports reporting this, with a video of Morrison taking a throw in obviously blaming this for the lack of time the ball was in play. Just after Burnley scored the first goal, they had a goal kick. While sitting in the family stand dead opposite and in front of the big screen I could clearly see the clock. It was showing 52 mins. Joe Hart took almost a minute to take this kick and I commented to my son that they were already time wasting in the 52nd minute. No mention of this "tactic" when they made the report. Morrison apparently took 8 minutes etc over throw ins.(A waste of our time & tactic in my opinion), BUT I bet Joe Hart took as much time or even more over his goal kicks. The ref making motions for him to "hurry up" with rolling arm motions and pointing to his watch, (which Joe Hart totally ignored). No mention of showing this on Sky though. One rule for for an ex-english international eh?? :old:

Just made that point Hart walked to every ball for a goal kick must have wasted far more time than Morrison, and the problem is widespread goal celebration are taking minutes for game to restart none of which is added at end :thumbup:

time is added for goal celebrations generally 30 seconds but can be extended....re dead balls { g kicks, throw ins etc } time can be added if deemed a team are stalling play { not the case with SM as we were behind in the game }

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

time is added for goal celebrations generally 30 seconds but can be extended....re dead balls { g kicks, throw ins etc } time can be added if deemed a team are stalling play { not the case with SM as we were behind in the game }

Yes just like subs but when have you seen 3 mins added for 6 subs 2nd half? Only 4 mins was added Sunday that incl subs time wasted by Hart and injuries where was time added for goal celebration ? Only ever seen it applied in full once and that's when bellers scored for man c against man u in added time for goal celebration. :old:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 pm

The truly stupid thing about the time taken with the throw ins is that at no point in the game were we actually in the lead.

It was OUR time that was being wasted whilst Morrison jogged from one side of the pitch to the other, then spent ages looking for a towel to wipe the ball, then wiped it before throwing it as far as possible leading to absolutely nothing.

WE wasted eight minutes of a game preparing to take throw ins FFS! :o

We're having enough problems scoring whilst the ball is actually in play - we could do without wasting even more time fannying around with long throws that produce the grand sum of f**k all.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes just like subs but when have you seen 3 mins added for 6 subs 2nd half? Only 4 mins was added Sunday that incl subs time wasted by Hart and injuries where was time added for goal celebration ? Only ever seen it applied in full once and that's when bellers scored for man c against man u in added time for goal celebration. :old:

you've thrown in the Hart bit mate...
6 subs = 3mins plus 1 goal =3.5 mins plus half a minute for whatever...its people on here { you } saying Hart took to long not the ref...

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm

davids wrote:The truly stupid thing about the time taken with the throw ins is that at no point in the game were we actually in the lead.

It was OUR time that was being wasted whilst Morrison jogged from one side of the pitch to the other, then spent ages looking for a towel to wipe the ball, then wiped it before throwing it as far as possible leading to absolutely nothing.

WE wasted eight minutes of a game preparing to take throw ins FFS! :o

We're having enough problems scoring whilst the ball is actually in play - we could do without wasting even more time fannying around with long throws that produce the grand sum of f**k all.

This is the crux of the matter, and I'm surprised it taken this long to establish this fact. Fair enough,,, if we are leading with a few minutes to go!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

6 subs = 3mins plus 1 goal =3.5 mins plus half a minute for whatever...its people on here { you } saying Hart took to long not the ref...

May be 30sec a goal when in fact celebration is lot longer so by your logic teams can take as long as like and only 30secs is added unless ref adds extra time like said seen it once have you? also what happened to injuries during 2nd half? On hart you think it's not time wasting to walk to the ball 15yrds away then walk back to centre of goal every time? Ref indicated for him to be quicker but he didn't that's refs fault for not taking action. anyway point of op is that overall the authorities are saying time wasting is getting worse wether it be goalie or goal celebration ect ect that's the point of this topic. :thumbup:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

May be 30sec a goal when in fact celebration is lot longer so by your logic teams can take as long as like and only 30secs is added unless ref adds extra time like said seen it once have you? also what happened to injuries during 2nd half? On hart you think it's not time wasting to walk to the ball 15yrds away then walk back to centre of goal every time? Ref indicated for him to be quicker but he didn't that's refs fault for not taking action. anyway point of op is that overall the authorities are saying time wasting is getting worse wether it be goalie or goal celebration ect ect that's the point of this topic. :thumbup:

its not MY logic you nutter its the bloody rules.the ref can add longer if deemed it over long celebration { clearly he did not Sunday }
why you keep going on about Hart beats me, there really are not many teams worse than ourselves for time wasting and Sunday the biggest waste of time was our own throw ins ffs.
MY logic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:06 pm

The only way to stop time wasting is to stop the clock like
In rugby, for a free kick for example stop the clock and re start as soon as the ball is kicked. Soon as a goal is scored stop the clock, penalties stop the clock, I wouldn’t say stop the clock for throw ins but for goal kicks id stop the clock.