Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Just watched Sean Morrison “

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:36 pm

Over and over on Sky News, to be fair he does take a long time, to make a straight forward throw in, spends more time cleaning the ball than I have ever seen a player do.

But is that just football nowadays? ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Just watched Sean Morrison

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Plans for clampdown on time-wasting with Cardiff vs Burnley having shortest 'ball in play' time for five-years... eight of which were for Sean Morrison taking throw-ins

Tuesday 2nd October 2018

The Bluebirds’ centre-half took 20 in total throughout his side’s 2-1 home defeat to the Clarets.

Now The Times claims the International FA Board (IFAB) are looking at ways to increase playing time.

It is part of the rule-makers’ “Play Fair” strategy.

Sean Morrison spent eight minutes taking 20 throw-ins during the clash between Cardiff and Burnley
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Just watched Sean Morrison “

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:44 pm

more negative attention from the press and pundits, not portraying a great image of our club, I'd imagine Warnock and coaches have told players to slow everything down.

IMO we have gone backwards this campaign.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I am sorry but how in any way is this wrong? He took the same amount of time as most players do taking a throw in do but because he took 20 long throws which he is entitled to do and obviously is gonna eat up time, suddenly it's got to be reviewed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We deployed a tactic and I honestly don't think Morrison took that long and most players clean the ball while taking a long throw? Only issue I had with it was at the time we was building some of our throw ins was it necessary to wash it every single time when we was in need of a goal..

If this is being reviewed what about Joe Hart and various keepers up and down the country usually as the away opposition take to take goal kicks, only makes things fair.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Wolfpac wrote:more negative attention from the press and pundits, not portraying a great image of our club, I'd imagine Warnock and coaches have told players to slow everything down.

It's not just city slowing game down take look at WC and now in premiership teams are using 2 or more mins to celebrate goals none of which is added at end game.
Hart yesterday walked 95% of time to collect and put ball on 6yd line which I suspect was longer than Morrison's time with throwins considering we had 16 shots at their goal so did it lots times :o

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:53 pm

See my post on "Time wasted?" ;)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:more negative attention from the press and pundits, not portraying a great image of our club, I'd imagine Warnock and coaches have told players to slow everything down.

It's not just city slowing game down take look at WC and now in premiership teams are using 2 or more mins to celebrate goals none of which is added at end game.
Hart yesterday walked 95% of time to collect and put ball on 6yd line which I suspect was longer than Morrison's time with throwins considering we had 16 shots at their goal so did it lots times :o

I'd love to see the city celebrate for 2 or more mins, we just need to score goals :laughing5:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:11 pm

maybe the ref can stop the clock when the ball is out of play a bit like American football.

:bluebird:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:21 pm

It’s the referee’s job to add those minutes on after 45 minutes and after 90 minutes.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It’s the referee’s job to add those minutes on after 45 minutes and after 90 minutes.

Ned, you're spot on! :thumbright: :clap:

Seems to me that the so-called 'media' are making it look like Cardiff City FC are the root of all evil this year; sadly backed in many cases by our very own supporters!

Every team 'time-wastes'; it is routinely talked about during games and effectively 'accepted' when a team is defending a narrow lead (or occasionally a creditable draw) and the referees should 'manage' each situation

The alternative is to have NFL and MLB-style 'time-keepers' at pitch side! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'd love to see the city celebrate for 2 or more mins, we just need to score goals :laughing5:

:laughing3: :wav:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Over and over on Sky News, to be fair he does take a long time, to make a straight forward throw in, spends more time cleaning the ball than I have ever seen a player do.

Maybe he's got a cleaning fetish

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:02 pm

I don't see an issue, keepers take an age, lots of players take an age. Gunner used to take even longer it felt like.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:40 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Over and over on Sky News, to be fair he does take a long time, to make a straight forward throw in, spends more time cleaning the ball than I have ever seen a player do.

if he does it doesn't extend to city centre alleys :lol:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

if he does it doesn't extend to city centre alleys :lol:

Ha ha very good :thumbup: Maybe we should go back to the old routine of throwing toilet rolls on the field just to tide the poor sod over :lol:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 am

Yeah Sean you carry on wasting time. It’s not like we need to score or anything.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am

Kingyccfc wrote:Yeah Sean you carry on wasting time. It’s not like we need to score or anything.

Its the only time we look like scoring to be honest if it aint a set piece we are fucked :lol:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:31 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:Yeah Sean you carry on wasting time. It’s not like we need to score or anything.

Its the only time we look like scoring to be honest if it aint a set piece we are fucked :lol:

I know mate it’s turgid to be fair

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 am

Love Morrison but his throws are to predictable, leave the long throws for when gunnars returns at least they got pace and cause problems

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:57 pm

How can they say it’s time wasting when we were never in a position to waste time.

Only time wasting going on was by Joe Hart. An that is just part of the game to be honest I’d expect our keeper to do the same.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Back to Patterson please for the throws and Mozza in the box.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 pm

It is my understanding that the home team is given the option of multiple balls to keep the game flowing or a one ball game. Last season Cardiff chose the one ball option too.

I’d prefer all clubs to be required to have multiple balls to increase ball in play time. Morrison is just following the orders to disrupt the opposition flow.