Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin, Madine & Reid

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm

I have held back from posting these past few weeks, not wanting to jump on the expected prepubescent panick that grips some fickle fans on here. I have read garbage like “Warnock’s gotta go” and “Tan out” all because we didn’t spend £50 plus mil and beat the “top seven” teams from last season!? Honestly, it is a sad state how people forget where we were two years ago! Even if Tan had thrown in a wreckless stash of cash at Warnock, I feel like it wouldn’t have done any good. Tomlin, Madine and now Reid are some of our most expensive purchases and yet week in week out do not feature or set the Prem alight. We were always favorites to drop back down and given the summer spending as a business & a club Cardiff City will be fine (unlike the disaster last time around). As frustrated as we all are by sloppy mistakes and unfavorable fixtures/results - the only way to try and graft anything out of this season is to stick by the manager and Tan, see what our team spirit can achieve and hope that come January we are in a position to inject a little more to the squad. Saturday, I was happy to see Pato back in making a nuisance of himself, Zohore had decent hold up play but showed a lack of fitness and lastly I would have changed Cunningham for Bennett as soon as the first goal went against us - but that’s just me... no matter what Warnock picks, I’ll still back him and the team 100%. He deserves a full Premier League Season at his age and with the career he has had. What he has done for the club is unparalleled and we need to remember that. Look how chopping managers nearly destroyed us with the Mackay - Ole - Slade saga... that was the worst period of being a City fan I can remember!
What will be will be, take the results on the chin and back the boys each week! We dominated Burnley, we just need to be clinical with our chances and Lady Luck needs to pull her finger out!

Re: Tomlin, Madine & Reid

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:27 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:I have held back from posting these past few weeks, not wanting to jump on the expected prepubescent panick that grips some fickle fans on here. I have read garbage like “Warnock’s gotta go” and “Tan out” all because we didn’t spend £50 plus mil and beat the “top seven” teams from last season!? Honestly, it is a sad state how people forget where we were two years ago! Even if Tan had thrown in a wreckless stash of cash at Warnock, I feel like it wouldn’t have done any good. Tomlin, Madine and now Reid are some of our most expensive purchases and yet week in week out do not feature or set the Prem alight. We were always favorites to drop back down and given the summer spending as a business & a club Cardiff City will be fine (unlike the disaster last time around). As frustrated as we all are by sloppy mistakes and unfavorable fixtures/results - the only way to try and graft anything out of this season is to stick by the manager and Tan, see what our team spirit can achieve and hope that come January we are in a position to inject a little more to the squad. Saturday, I was happy to see Pato back in making a nuisance of himself, Zohore had decent hold up play but showed a lack of fitness and lastly I would have changed Cunningham for Bennett as soon as the first goal went against us - but that’s just me... no matter what Warnock picks, I’ll still back him and the team 100%. He deserves a full Premier League Season at his age and with the career he has had. What he has done for the club is unparalleled and we need to remember that. Look how chopping managers nearly destroyed us with the Mackay - Ole - Slade saga... that was the worst period of being a City fan I can remember!
What will be will be, take the results on the chin and back the boys each week! We dominated Burnley, we just need to be clinical with our chances and Lady Luck needs to pull her finger out!

Very well Said :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:01 am

Some sense finally.
Next season will be better for us no matter what division we are playing in.
Get behind Warnock and we might just survive :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

A good OP.
I’m glad Warnock didn’t have tens of millions to spend because I don’t think it’s his strongest point especially when it comes to premier players.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:03 pm

I think the same, all clubs have a few big dodgy signings. The only regret with regard to tomlin is that he is still here, picking up huge wages doing nothing. I think Reid will get going fine, Murphy looks great as does Arter and camerassa. Madine and tomlin are his only two mistakes, not bad really? Even fergie made some whoppers

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 pm

goats wrote:I think the same, all clubs have a few big dodgy signings. The only regret with regard to tomlin is that he is still here, picking up huge wages doing nothing. I think Reid will get going fine, Murphy looks great as does Arter and camerassa. Madine and tomlin are his only two mistakes, not bad really? Even fergie made some whoppers

And Tomlin is only a mistake because of the guy's attitude, not his ability so you might understand someone thinking they could tackle that (but failing) whereas Madine has no redeeming features and really was an unbelievably odd buy.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am

City Slicker wrote:
goats wrote:I think the same, all clubs have a few big dodgy signings. The only regret with regard to tomlin is that he is still here, picking up huge wages doing nothing. I think Reid will get going fine, Murphy looks great as does Arter and camerassa. Madine and tomlin are his only two mistakes, not bad really? Even fergie made some whoppers

And Tomlin is only a mistake because of the guy's attitude, not his ability so you might understand someone thinking they could tackle that (but failing) whereas Madine has no redeeming features and really was an unbelievably odd buy.

Madine was a strange one, we needed something at the end of last season and he didn’t provide it, we were fortunate Fulham didn’t catch us. I wonder why Tan doesn’t take on someone else to help finance the club and get some money back at the sametime? The circles he moves in surely he knows someone? Our stock won’t be any higher than it is currently, 50 million or so could help us survive maybe? How do we turn ourselves in to a Leicester or palace who seem to have the knack of surviving.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:48 am

goats wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Madine was a strange one, we needed something at the end of last season and he didn’t provide it, we were fortunate Fulham didn’t catch us. I wonder why Tan doesn’t take on someone else to help finance the club and get some money back at the sametime? The circles he moves in surely he knows someone? Our stock won’t be any higher than it is currently, 50 million or so could help us survive maybe? How do we turn ourselves in to a Leicester or palace who seem to have the knack of surviving.

Yes agree; good post :thumbup:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 am

Madine will aoutscore Harry today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: