Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How many points should we have?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 pm

I reckon we should have three more

Bournemouth - look good especially at home doubt many outside the top 6 will take points down there

Newcastle - probably should of won against 10 men.

Huddersfield - point away from home for a newly promoted club decent even against 10 men

Arsenal Chelsea Man City - All winning majority of games top 6 (man u temp excluded) really seem to be pulling away from the rest of the league

Burnley - Should of taken a point, type of game we aim to win but seem to have found a bit of form did finish 7th

There seems to be a big gulf in quality between the top 10 teams and bottom 5. It wouldn't shock me if 30points keep you up. We may well go down but it's far from nailed on.

Re: How many points should we have?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:08 pm

0 more we’ve been shit and don’t deserve more than what we’ve got already.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Rather than should I would say we could have picked up more points against Newcastle, Huddersfield and Burnley, with a bit more quality we should have won all 3

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:45 am

We should've won against Newcastle and Huddersfield and taken advantage over the fact they both had 10 men for a long period and should've beaten Burnley so i say we could/should be on 9 points but that's football for you!

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:18 am

Pardon the pun: Pointless post!
The table doesn’t lie. What counts are goals, not near misses. Saying it should have been a win against 10 men is again pointless. It wasn’t a win so pontificating this and that won’t put points on the board.

If the season is to be rescued, concentrate on the future!!

Sorry folks but that’s the way I feel

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:36 am

My considered opinion, as I recall it, on what we could've got from the 7 games so far. Didn't get to the Huddersfield or Burnley games but here goes.......

Bournemouth: Always going to be a tough away starter with no Harry Arter. We huffed and puffed with no end result but were not overawed by any stretch. The sheer pace of the opposition turning defence into attack was a bit of a shock and Premier eye opener. 0 points was a fair result.

Newcastle: I'm still not sure how we didn't win that game. Newcastle were useless but we did not punish them. We were by far the better team. Should have been a City win. 3 points would have been a fair result.

Huddersfield: Didn't get to this one so hard to judge. Therefore I'll stick with the final score. 1 point fair result,

Arsenal: This was a game we expected to be overun. We weren't. Arsenal had the majority of possesion but I felt we battled well and were always in the game. When we equalised to make it 2-2 I thought "here we go, our season starts here". It wasn't to be but on another day nobody would have begrudged us a draw. 1 point would have been a fair result.

Chelsea: No points expected and no points gained. The fact that we were still in it with 10 minutes to go spoke volumes for me. But their class prevailed in the end, topped off with an Eden Hazard masterclass, and no complaints: 0 points a fair result.

Man City: The less said about this game the better. The worst possible result for us was their defeat to Lyon in midweek. I feared a backlash and it was duly delivered. Probably the best team I've witnessed live in 40 years of following the City. 0 points a fair result.

Burnley: Couldn't make this game but watched on TV. When it's not going for you it kicks you in the bollocks even harder. We were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved a win, but yet again defensive errors cost us dearly. 3 points a fair result.

Therefore, on reflection, I feel we have been a bit hard done by. 8 points could quite easily be in the bag.......but the bottom line is they are not. That said, I will never give up hope and will support this team and Manager all the way.

I've stated previously that I will enjoy the ride and that is exactly what I am going to do. I certainly won't be derailed by some newbie posters with negative vibes. I'll be in the Canton singing my heart out for the Fulham game, and for every game I attend.........ain't nothing gonna get me down. :bluebird: