“ Harry Arter, Victor Camarasa & Josh Murphy “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm

These are the players we need to build our team around.

I’ve been shocked by Arter’s workrate. Amazing he can keep up that energy for 90 minutes and is a leader. His experience in this league is clear to see. Our best player so far by a long way, for me.

Camarasa is so technically gifted that he is a crucial part of the team. Caused no end of problems in both the Arsenal and Burnley games.

Murphy has proven he was ready for the step up. Our most creative player and has a great shot on him, as we saw on Sunday.

I could also include Etheridge who has been brilliant as well, but this is more about outfield players.

I feel keeping these three fit will be vital to our survival hopes. If we go down, I’d be surprised to see any of them stay with us.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Harry Arter, Victor Camarasa & Josh Murphy “

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Fully agree impressed with all of them, i think you could add bobby reid to that mix too but warnock isnt given him a fair crack yet imo.
To stay up i think sir neil needs to find his best 11 and best formation which includes them 4 players and then that will give us a tidy chance, we just need things to click because we are showing some good signs, but chopping and changing things every week will get us nowhere imo we need continuity like we had last season.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 pm

agree
RB is a massive problem though and really should have been sorted in the summer.
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Agree absolutely with this these three have been outstanding so far this season and seem to be getting better each game

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 pm

dogfound wrote:agree
RB is a massive problem though and really should have been sorted in the summer.

To be fair, Manga is doing a fine job playing out of position. I think he is a better right back than Theopold Catherine was. But his assist asside, we loose the ball constanly when he try going forward and cross it.
Agree with the OP. Key players. So impressed with Arter not allowing to lose the ball. If someone takes it of him, he is chasing like a dog after a bone.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Dahboy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:48 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:

To be fair, Manga is doing a fine job playing out of position. I think he is a better right back than Theopold Catherine was. But his assist asside, we loose the ball constanly when he try going forward and cross it.
Agree with the OP. Key players. So impressed with Arter not allowing to lose the ball. If someone takes it of him, he is chasing like a dog after a bone.

I'm ok with manga at RB it's Morrison & Bamba that are getting owned in this league.
Dahboy

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 pm

I believe its a massive problem not because Manga isn't doing well its more I think we need him elsewhere.
dogfound

Postby actionman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:11 pm

5,3,2. Etheridge Richards manga Morrison bamba Bennett, Patterson arter camarasa Murphy Reid.
actionman

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:02 am

Dahboy wrote:

I'm ok with manga at RB it's Morrison & Bamba that are getting owned in this league.

Manga is doing as well as can be expected imho.
As good as Camarasa is offensively, he doesn’t offer a great deal of cover for Bruno though and as soon as Bamba is caught in 2 minds (being pulled over to over compensate) that’s when the problems start.
Btw, I’d bring Bennett back at LB on Saturday too. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:30 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

As good as Camarasa is offensively, he doesn’t offer a great deal of cover for Bruno though and as soon as Bamba is caught in 2 minds (being pulled over to over compensate) that’s when the problems start.

To cover the right side is Morrison’s task, is it not? The problem as I’ve seen it, the supid mistakes we have had, the team is switched off. It’s like a collective brain fart, and then we are overrun and falling behind unbalanced.
First goal for Burnley was just like that also. They all stood there, smelling their brain farts. That run should first been picked up by Ralls, then Bamba should either be cover for who ever tried to make the cross or support Cunningham. Cunningham should know not going into a tackle/duel like that with his back turned. You loose 9 out of 10 going in like that. So conclusive, we have lapses of consentration. Warnock needs to figure out why. Is it the wrong personnel, tactics or maybe wrong instructions?How can we compensate Etc. I know 4-4-2 demand a lot of hard work, timing and consentration. Sacchi tought us that in details. Maybe a safer formation could be the answer?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby fred keenor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am

If there is money available in January, Arter needs to be signed permanently.
He is a class act with a workrate which other players could benefit from adpoting!
fred keenor

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 am

I agree they are our best players to build around. For me the problem is the squad is just so unbalanced. I feel for Ralls having to do the holding role. Over the summer an improvement on Gunner/Grujic was crucial and didn't happen. If we had a big strong holding player to protect the back four Arter and Camarasa would be ideal as the central two in front of him. We just seem to light weigh.
2blue2handle

Postby Wardy64 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:06 am

Agree about Arter work rate. He is on another planet compared to the others. I watched Bournemouth on Monday night and all their players have the same work rate. Most of the rest of our players look like championship standard. Even with the quality of Man City and Liverpool, their work rate is huge. However, NW needs to play players in their right positions, Jazz RB, Bennett LB, Managa CB with A N Other, Arter in CMF with Camarasa at the point of the MF.
Wardy64

Postby wez1927 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am

You must be watching a different game to the rest of us , manga is a dreadful right back and has cost us 3 goals in the last two games his quickest of thought or lack of it is costings us we really need to play jazz there
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 am

wez1927 wrote:

You must be watching a different game to the rest of us , manga is a dreadful right back and has cost us 3 goals in the last two games his quickest of thought or lack of it is costings us we really need to play jazz there

Wez, I don't see what anyone sees in Manga full stop.
Bloke takes an age to clear the ball and turns continuously in to danger. He can't tackle very well either :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am

wez1927 wrote:

I must be.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:15 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

To cover the right side is Morrison’s task, is it not? The problem as I’ve seen it, the supid mistakes we have had, the team is switched off. It’s like a collective brain fart, and then we are overrun and falling behind unbalanced.
First goal for Burnley was just like that also. They all stood there, smelling their brain farts. That run should first been picked up by Ralls, then Bamba should either be cover for who ever tried to make the cross or support Cunningham. Cunningham should know not going into a tackle/duel like that with his back turned. You loose 9 out of 10 going in like that. So conclusive, we have lapses of consentration. Warnock needs to figure out why. Is it the wrong personnel, tactics or maybe wrong instructions?How can we compensate Etc. I know 4-4-2 demand a lot of hard work, timing and consentration. Sacchi tought us that in details. Maybe a safer formation could be the answer?

Apologies, it is SM that covers Bruno from the central position.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:23 am

I know Murphy had the plaudits on Sunday but for me Camarasa was my man of the match. He was fighting and trying on occasions to drag us up single handedly. He's a cracking signing for us. Completely agree with the sentiments of building the side around these guys though. Despite some peoples views we do have quality with guys like that.
welshrarebit

Postby BlueDredd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 am

actionman wrote:5,3,2. Etheridge Richards manga Morrison bamba Bennett, Patterson arter camarasa Murphy Reid.

Warnock's said he wants to avoid 5-3-2 in this division as much as possible. Says it's far too easy to figure out
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby wez1927 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:35 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I know Murphy had the plaudits on Sunday but for me Camarasa was my man of the match. He was fighting and trying on occasions to drag us up single handedly. He's a cracking signing for us. Completely agree with the sentiments of building the side around these guys though. Despite some peoples views we do have quality with guys like that.

Agree he's a great player
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 am

wez1927 wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I know Murphy had the plaudits on Sunday but for me Camarasa was my man of the match. He was fighting and trying on occasions to drag us up single handedly. He's a cracking signing for us. Completely agree with the sentiments of building the side around these guys though. Despite some peoples views we do have quality with guys like that.

Agree he's a great player

Shame there is no buying him at end of season,as real betis want him back :banghead:,he will still have 3 years on his contract with them I believe. :bluescarf:
bluesince62

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:53 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
actionman wrote:5,3,2. Etheridge Richards manga Morrison bamba Bennett, Patterson arter camarasa Murphy Reid.

Warnock's said he wants to avoid 5-3-2 in this division as much as possible. Says it's far too easy to figure out

He doesn't know how to play it. Everytime we have played it we have been a disaster. I think the defenders need to be a bit more mobile than Morrison and Bamba as well.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat