Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ryan Giggs tipped to replace Jose Mourinho at Manchester Uni

Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:54 am

Ryan Giggs tipped to replace Jose Mourinho at Manchester United to resolve 'unmitigated disaster'

Mourinho is under immense pressure to turn things around at Old Trafford

By Matthew Southcombe Sports Writer

4th October 2018

Wales boss Ryan Giggs has been backed as the man to replace Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.

The Red Devils sit 10th in the league after a disastrous start to the season amid reports of player unrest and former Scotland international Graeme Souness has tipped Giggs as the man to turn it around.

Mourinho is under immense pressure at Old Trafford following the 0-0 bore draw with Valencia in Europe last night and the 3-1 defeat to West Ham at the weekend.

United legend Paul Scholes told BT Sport that he was surprised Mourinho survived that defeat to the Hammers and many believe he's on the brink after the latest disappointment on Tuesday night.

A bust up with Paul Pogba has not helped and it's being reported that former Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is in the frame.

But Souness would go in a different direction.

“I wouldn't go with Zidane,” he said on Virgin Media Sport.

Ryan Giggs told he's turned Wales into the Manchester United team that used to beat everyone

“I don’t think they want another big one given a short space of time to get it right.

“If I was having a say, I would be looking at, sounds daft, Ryan Giggs.

“Someone that will be given more time going forward to get it right. It doesn’t have to be a spending splurge again.

“It has to be someone this time round that will be given time because of his affection and his history with the football club.

“They’ve tried Van Gaal, they’ve tried [David] Moyes, who knew his way in the Premier League.

“They’ve gone for arguably the biggest name in Mourinho and it’s been an unmitigated disaster just spending big money chasing it.”

Giggs is under contract with Wales until 2022 and the FAW fully expect him to be the man at the helm when they big to make it to the World Cup in Qatar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ryan Giggs tipped to replace Jose Mourinho at Manchester

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 am

That would make for a very interesting game in december if this happens before then and he did turn his back on wales after all he has said proudest moment of his career etc, even more our last game of the season at united.

Re: Ryan Giggs tipped to replace Jose Mourinho at Manchester

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:34 am

I very much doubt that Manchester United would consider Ryan Giggs to be sufficiently experienced or high profile for the job.
How long before someone here suggests that we sign up Mourinho to replace Sir Neil ?