Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Kenneth Zohore and Neil Etheridge '

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:59 am

' Kenneth Zohore and Neil Etheridge '

Those calling on dropping these two for GARY BLOODY MADINE and ALEX BLOODY SMITHIES. Two players who haven’t done ANYTHING in this club. Smithies with an absolute MARE of a cup appearance, and Madine who has less goals than Zohore - (“oh my god really I always thought Madine was our best Striker”).

I completely understand the suggestion of playing Ward over Zohore after all Ward is the only outright striker who’s scored this season...

However, we all know what Zohore is capable of. This hate towards him is fresh and new, when we were in the championship we were winning games and Zohore wasn’t scoring but we all were giddy about Zohores performances and complimenting him loads about how he’s out main talisman.
This season though, he is doing EXACTLY the same as last season except for one thing, he’s getting less service and we’re seeing less of the ball every game, on top of that we’re trying to play a different style of football (mainly due to Arter & Camarasa), yet so many posters and commenters this season saying “I told you all so, he’s absolutely rubbish” etc. I’m sorry but he had pretty much one chance last week, and he actually took the shot quite well, just a great save stopped him getting his first goal this season.

And you know what, you all criticise him in the air, at the end of the day Patterson CANNOT play where he is without Zohore, we saw it when Ward was up front and when Reid was up front. The Center halves gang up on Patterson and he then becomes absolutely pointless. But when Ken plays, Ken gets marked and even though you lot don’t see it, he is a constantly on the other CB’s mind, giving Patterson so much free space to roam - hence his record Ariel duel won etc last week.

Zohores more important than some of you cry baby’s realize. Oh and support the manager ffs you bunch of Toss pots

Re: Kenneth Zohore and Neil Etheridge

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 am

Amen!

I actually thought Ken played pretty well on Sunday. Occupying the Centre halves is a job in itself, which gives other players more space to roam into.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:14 am

My criticism of him is not fresh and new. I have never been convinced by him. Remind me again how many goals a year he averages since turning pro. Less than four if my memory serves me correctly. He is not Premier League standard, never has been and never will be. As a goal scorer, only once throughout his 8 years as a pro has he got to double figures. If we are hoping that he will score the goals that will keep us in the PL, I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans come the end of the season. One of my favourite all time City strikers once scored as many goals in one season as Zohore has scored throughout his entire career. I know stats can be misleading, but his are very poor, and most of his football has been played at a far lower standard than where he is playing this season.

We all have our own opinions about him, and I know mine appear to be different to most other fans on here. I would say that he has been consistent over the last 18 months in that he rarely scores goals, and even more rarely does he win anything in the air. Be interesting to see how many goals he scores this season. Personally, I can't see him getting any more than the four he is already averaging so far. Hope I'm wrong as we need all our players performing, but I say the same thing about him every month.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:My criticism of him is not fresh and new. I have never been convinced by him. Remind me again how many goals a year he averages since turning pro. Less than four if my memory serves me correctly. He is not Premier League standard, never has been and never will be. As a goal scorer, only once throughout his 8 years as a pro has he got to double figures. If we are hoping that he will score the goals that will keep us in the PL, I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans come the end of the season. One of my favourite all time City strikers once scored as many goals in one season as Zohore has scored throughout his entire career. I know stats can be misleading, but his are very poor, and most of his football has been played at a far lower standard than where he is playing this season.

We all have our own opinions about him, and I know mine appear to be different to most other fans on here. I would say that he has been consistent over the last 18 months in that he rarely scores goals, and even more rarely does he win anything in the air. Be interesting to see how many goals he scores this season. Personally, I can't see him getting any more than the four he is already averaging so far. Hope I'm wrong as we need all our players performing, but I say the same thing about him every month.

was an integral part of a team that massively over achieved last season..

Re: ' Kenneth Zohore and Neil Etheridge '

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Still the obvious choice to start, Ward does well but lacks overall. I don't really care what his scoring stats say, having watched him the last two seasons its clear he has plenty of potential and ability and he is still only 24. For me it's a no brainer, he starts unless someone else is brought in.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:My criticism of him is not fresh and new. I have never been convinced by him. Remind me again how many goals a year he averages since turning pro. Less than four if my memory serves me correctly. He is not Premier League standard, never has been and never will be. As a goal scorer, only once throughout his 8 years as a pro has he got to double figures. If we are hoping that he will score the goals that will keep us in the PL, I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans come the end of the season. One of my favourite all time City strikers once scored as many goals in one season as Zohore has scored throughout his entire career. I know stats can be misleading, but his are very poor, and most of his football has been played at a far lower standard than where he is playing this season.

He was, and played ok in some matches. Last season was his second best ever as far as goals were concerned, and he finished with nine. The problem I have is our main target man/striker is a player who does'nt score very often and is very poor in the air. The most frustrating thing for me is we know he has some ability, but yet many games seem to pass him by where he fails to show that ability. Personally, I don't think he is close to being Premier League standard, but that's just my opinion. I know that the vast majority on this forum do not agree with me, and hopefully they are right and I am wrong, we sure need someone to start knocking a few in for us sooner rather than later.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Still the obvious choice to start, Ward does well but lacks overall. I don't really care what his scoring stats say, having watched him the last two seasons its clear he has plenty of potential and ability and he is still only 24. For me it's a no brainer, he starts unless someone else is brought in.

I know what you are saying, because he has shown ability and potential. Thing is, he is nearly 25, and at that age you would expect him to be showing a bit more than having potential. How long can we all keep saying he has potential, it looks to me as if we will be saying exactly the same this time next year. Nearly 9 years as a pro, possibly 7 years left before he is coming towards the end of his career playing at a reasonable level. He has to do a bit more for me than show potential. I find him the most frustrating player I have seen for a while, I get the feeling he can do so much more, but I think the PL is a step too far for him.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

He was, and played ok in some matches. Last season was his second best ever as far as goals were concerned, and he finished with nine. The problem I have is our main target man/striker is a player who does'nt score very often and is very poor in the air. The most frustrating thing for me is we know he has some ability, but yet many games seem to pass him by where he fails to show that ability. Personally, I don't think he is close to being Premier League standard, but that's just my opinion. I know that the vast majority on this forum do not agree with me, and hopefully they are right and I am wrong, we sure need someone to start knocking a few in for us sooner rather than later.

ok in some games...
come off it he was THE target for ALL those 60/70 yard balls from the back , he does frustrate me too because I believe he has the attributes to be better AND score more goals, but you know what mate , had he scored half a dozen more, especially had they been headers he wouldn't even be at our club

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

ok in some games...
come off it he was THE target for ALL those 60/70 yard balls from the back , he does frustrate me too because I believe he has the attributes to be better AND score more goals, but you know what mate , had he scored half a dozen more, especially had they been headers he wouldn't even be at our club due to his quality.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Still the obvious choice to start, Ward does well but lacks overall. I don't really care what his scoring stats say, having watched him the last two seasons its clear he has plenty of potential and ability and he is still only 24. For me it's a no brainer, he starts unless someone else is brought in.

I know what you are saying, because he has shown ability and potential. Thing is, he is nearly 25, and at that age you would expect him to be showing a bit more than having potential. How long can we all keep saying he has potential, it looks to me as if we will be saying exactly the same this time next year. Nearly 9 years as a pro, possibly 7 years left before he is coming towards the end of his career playing at a reasonable level. He has to do a bit more for me than show potential. I find him the most frustrating player I have seen for a while, I get the feeling he can do so much more, but I think the PL is a step too far for him.

Some people flourish later than others but irrespective of potential I still think he is the best striker at the club so it's not all about potential. Prem maybe a step to far and we all knew we needed a striker but Warnock failed to get one. So for me he starts.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Totally out of his depth at this level and we will never survive with him as a target man. Vokes took his one chance on sunday yet Zohore had a lot easier opportunity against Newcastle and misses the target with his head by metres, good strikers bury those opportunities but unfortunately Zohore is not one of those.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Etheridge makes one mistake and some fans want him dropped :roll: talk about an over reaction. Glad Warnock is our manager not them

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Zohore has been isolated a lot of this season to be fair, he needs more support and bobby reid playing off him could be a good combination, they would both compliment eachothers games well imo.

Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 am

Play Zohore WITH Ward!!!!!!

Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:23 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Zohore has been isolated a lot of this season to be fair, he needs more support and bobby reid playing off him could be a good combination, they would both compliment eachothers games well imo.

Totally agree and I don't think we have seen them together yet.

Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:36 pm

its a bit early to be saying things like not good enough for the prem about any of our forwards because quite simply they've had so little service..