Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports News understands that Gareth Southgate

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Sky Sports News understands that Gareth Southgate will sign his new contract with England today until after the 2022 World Cup.

04/10/18

The new deal is understood to include a significant pay rise, which will mean Southgate earns 50 per cent more than he did for guiding England to the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup.

Re: Sky Sports News understands that Gareth Southgate

Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:33 pm

SOUTHGATE: I'M DELIGHTED

Southgate said: "I am delighted to have the opportunity to lead the national team through the next two major tournaments. The job remains an incredible privilege and a true honour.

"Experiencing at first-hand how the nation united behind the team this summer was something special and it will be great to see how far this young squad can go in the years to come.

“I must acknowledge the hard work and commitment of my staff and the players over the last two years. I have learned a great deal from them and their passion and professionalism in representing England has been an inspiration to my own work. In particular, Steve Holland who I’m pleased to be continuing to work alongside through to 2022."

Re: Sky Sports News understands that Gareth Southgate

Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:33 pm

BREAKING SKY SPORTS NEWS

Gareth Southgate has signed a new contract that will see him stay as England manager through to the 2022 World Cup.

Steve Holland has also agreed a new deal with The FA and will continue in his role as England assistant manager through to 2022.