Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock admits his Cardiff City job is under pressure as

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Neil Warnock admits his Cardiff City job is under pressure as agents float replacements to Vincent Tan -

By Ian Mitchelmore

Friday 6th October 2018

Neil Warnock accepts his position as Cardiff City manager is under pressure after revealing he has been holding regular talks with owner Vincent Tan.

And on the day he marked two years as Bluebirds boss , he admitted he would walk away from the job he has "loved every minute" of.

Cardiff's seven-game winless run in the Premier League has prompted question marks about Warnock - who has never enjoyed a full season and survived in the top flight - and his ability to keep the Welsh club afloat.

Volatile owner Tan sacked Malky Mackay midway through the Bluebirds' last, ill-fated, stint in the top flight, and Warnock revealed conversations have been taking place behind the scenes between the pair. He says agents have been floating other managers as potential replacements.

Yet the 69-year-old remains adamant he can grind out results before vital January investment in a bid to turn the Bluebirds' fortunes around.

"Vincent is as difficult as any owner but his heart is in the right place and he wants to do well," said Warnock.

"I have a conversation with him twice a week and he tells me where I’m going wrong.

"And if the time came where he felt someone else would be a different and a better option, I wouldn’t have a problem with that at all because I've loved every minute of it."

Warnock said the support from Cardiff's fans, who stayed behind to sing his name following the 2-1 defeat to Burnley last week , is driving him on to prove the critics wrong.

He believes he is still the right man to lead the club he has transformed in two years at the helm. That's despite currently sitting as the bookmakers' second favourite, behind Jose Mourinho, to become the first Premier League manager of the season to be sacked.

"It’s been a long slog for me and any manager will wonder ‘is the hard work worth it’ at times," he said.

"But when I look at 30,000 against Burnley and singing like they are, I think 'yeah it is worth it'.

"So we've got to get our fingers out, get some results to keep them on board until January. If we don't, it'll be someone else's problem, no doubt.

"Every manager is under pressure and every big agent is pushing managers' names - I've heard two or three have already been mentioned to take my job. But you’re going to get that, not just me - I'm sure Jose might have had one or two.

"You hope that the right people know what's going on and you can only do your own job, what will be, will be.

"The worst thing used to be when other managers come up and watch the game before you've had the sack - I’ve had that happen to me couple of times! That's not easy to take.

"But there are a lot worse things in life. What’s the worst scenario? I can go away for a few weeks with Sharon, to Italy or somewhere, have a nice relax and have a good Christmas - that’s looking at the downside!

"You know names are being mentioned behind the scenes but the grass isn't always greener."

Warnock hopes to harness the good feeling from Cardiff supporters - as well as ironing out a few issues on the pitch - ahead of a crucial run which includes home games against Fulham, Brighton and Leicester City.

First is the mammoth challenge of playing Tottenham at Wembley, where Warnock's team will be backed by a vocal sold-out away allocation.

And he revealed why he believes Cardiff's fans remain so firmly behind him despite a barren run of form.

"I’m not knocking the English but it must be something in the Welsh blood!" he smiled.

"They do seem to be quite intelligent regarding things.

"It’s almost like a family, we're in it together and in any family you have fall-outs and you have to overcome things. The fans are probably more supportive now than they were 12 months ago and it's great for the players.

"The fans know the players are giving everything. I think it’s an amazing situation and I can’t remember it happening anywhere else.

"You just hear, they'll out-shout the Tottenham fans tomorrow and I’m so grateful that they’re behind us

"I don’t want it to sour. I want enjoy myself and go to Wembley to try to get a result with my team who haven't won yet, against one of the best teams."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock admits his Cardiff City job is under pressure as

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:02 pm

The old man looks like a cadaver sitting in that chair. We might as well have one one managing us the way he's going about it. He's the most inept man in Premier League history. We're all frustrated at him. Sooner he's gone the better it us for us and we can start looking forward to having a competitive side in this division.

Re: Warnock admits his Cardiff City job is under pressure as

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Got to love Warnock he'll always be a wanker Haaa no joking.
He s got an impossible job but I love supporting the underdog.
We will win sso and then it's extra special.
We can only play with the cards we have.
He s gonna need to do something drastic like playing Paterson in midfield last season.
He needs to find a system that works.
Warnock will be working hard to win games .
The underdog will win hopeful that will brings us more wins.
Hopefully the wanker sorts us out Haaa.
Bet we come close against spurs.