Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock Keep this side and we Will do okay

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:46 pm

One of our main problems this season has been changing the team about.

This formation works with Murphy and Hoilett playing of Patterson’s flick ons. We have dominated spurs this half and yes we are still losing but you expect that against the top 6.

This is our best back 4 by a mile so stop changing it Warnock. Our midfield picks itself and Patterson is the best at this job upfront.

Keep this team Warnock and we will pick up a lot of points of the lesser teams!

Re: Warnock Keep this side and we Will do okay

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:42 pm

I agree with you.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:59 pm

phildavies wrote:One of our main problems this season has been changing the team about.

This formation works with Murphy and Hoilett playing of Patterson’s flick ons. We have dominated spurs this half and yes we are still losing but you expect that against the top 6.

This is our best back 4 by a mile so stop changing it Warnock. Our midfield picks itself and Patterson is the best at this job upfront.

I also agree in a way. Who though is going to put the ball in the net?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Got to be optimistic against teams below top 6? Yes going to be difficult but team shown enough to get results it's a case of being more solid and stop dilly mistakes! Can see gunners in for next 3 games with ralls out. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Gunnarson in ,a slow injury prone ,rusty midfielder. Yea he will
do well

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:38 am

phildavies wrote:One of our main problems this season has been changing the team about.

You do realise that he's has to change the team because of injury and a necessity to try new shapes ? I mean, he hasn't been doing that because he feels like it.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:17 am

Can't keep that team with Ralls banned and Arter 1 booking from a ban.
More changes on the way.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:28 am

I would keep the same team apart from bobby reid in for holliet to work off patterson reids more likely to score than holliet and that's why he was successful at bristol working off the main striker scoring 25 plus goals last season .

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 am

I agree with the OP, but whilst I believe Hoilett is the long term answer, after his performances this season (especially yesterday) I think it’s time for someone else to have a turn.

He’s making his team mates passing look poor due to a severe lack of movement off the ball and always chooses to stand still and receive a pass. The problem with this is that he still has a man to beat every single time, which he’s not attempting at the moment anyway.

Out of interest, can Bobby Reid play on the left?

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 am

103 BARMY ARMY
no need for reid to play on the left we have murphy to play there if needed but I am sure if needed reid is flexible.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 pm

montyblue wrote:103 BARMY ARMY
no need for reid to play on the left we have murphy to play there if needed but I am sure if needed reid is flexible.

That’s a very good point. I’ve been extremely impressed by Murphy so far this season and he seems to be improving game by game.