Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: TO BE FAIR CARDIFF MADE A GAME OF IT, BUT MADE TOO

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:52 pm

My View / My Opinion

TO BE FAIR CARDIFF MADE A GAME OF IT, BUT MADE TOO MANY MISTAKES FOR MY LIKING, ALLOWING SPURS TO CONTROL MUCH OF THE GAME.

Cardiff never ever gave up, battled and battled, but once again lacked a quality striker and lacked quality over all and will continually lose games like this due to that.

But now its a total of 9 games this season without a Cardiff win.

Giving 100% is what we all ask for,but thats def not enough in the Premier League.

Sean morrison was Solid today, my man of the match :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF FANS WERE ONCE AGAIN SUPERB FOR 90 MINS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

A spirited first-half performance by Cardiff :bluebird: , but a total lap of concentration in City's defence let Spurs score to make it 1-0 h/t.

For me Manga, Hoilett and Bennett had a very poor game and made plenty of mistakes. Holier low on confidence.

Spurs had five first team players missing from todays game v Cardiff City.

SPURS 1 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry:
H/T 1-0
Crowd
Away Support 3,144 Cardiff fans

Cardiff City
Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Camarasa, Arter, Ralls, Hoilett; Paterson, Murphy.

Subs
B.Murphy, Richards, Gunnarsson, Harris, Ward, Reid, Zohore

Cardiff in the 8th min, virtually switched off and it was awful defending by the Bluebirds,let Dier though and he had all the time in the world to stick it in the net 1-0 :cry: :cry:

Joe Bennett looked like he was having a nightmare and stood still for Dier, plus was beaten and lost the ball on many occasions.

'Neil Warnock's barmy army'

The travelling Bluebirds were still singing loud :bluebird: :bluebird:

26th min Cardiff came so so close but Hoilett kicked the ball over the goal.

Cardiff had a good 5min spell.

Kane then threatened Cardiff a few times.

Spurs could of easily gone in 2nil at half-time,

Son went past Bruno Manga like he’s not there, continued a fine move that started with Harry Winks, the Korean pulled it back for Lucas Moura, who probably should have scored from six yards out. a big let off for Cardiff.

H/T 1-0 :cry:

Spurs immediately put pressure on Cardiff once again.

Spurs had a huge double chance at the start of the second half.

Manga continually made mistakes and was well beaten on many occasions.

58th min Ralls sent off for a late challenge on Moura.

Cardiff's Camarasa’s free kick found Morrison’s head at the back post and Lloris saved it onto the woodwork!

Cardiff made a go of it, even with only 10 men, they never stopped battling. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Double sub

Kadeem Harris and Danny Ward replaced Junior Hoilett & Callum Paterson for the Bluebirds.

Ward went off injured replaced by Bobby Reid.

City battled right up to the final minutes, but were not going to get even a point today.

MY MAN OF THE MATCH SEAN MORRISON SOLID :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: TO BE FAIR CARDIFF MADE A GAME OF IT, BUT MADE

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:56 pm

we played well just lacked a f++++++ striker who can put the ball in the net! onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:58 pm

No shame in our performance or result today.

It’s a defeat but something to build on after the international break.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:02 pm

We didn’t PLAY well. Tottenham was absolutely shocking, and that gave us a chance. No shame in the result though.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Really stupid sending off,absolutely crazy thing to do.
Another booking against Fulham and we will be without Arter as well as Ralls for the Liverpool game.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:32 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm

I see massive improvement as games go on we just lack that quality striker if we had someone like Mitrovic we’d be well off the mark, that’s life tho, season starts against Fulham more than capable of beating them

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Hope Gunners is fit.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Hope Gunners is fit.

He was on the bench today I think. I’m not a big fan but we’ll need him next game to come in for Ralls.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

He was on the bench today I think. I’m not a big fan but we’ll need him next game to come in for Ralls.

Gunners will prob play for Iceland :lol:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 am

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:we played well just lacked a f++++++ striker who can put the ball in the net! onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

And we've known this for at least 8 months, Warnocks says he knew it as well.

Should of had more money for a decent striker, in the long run, it would of paid of.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:No shame in our performance or result today.

It’s a defeat but something to build on after the international break.

Agreed, we battled and once again gave our all Ned :thumbright: :thumbright: , but we can't build on it, unless we have Premier Players in our team.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:18 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:We didn’t PLAY well. Tottenham was absolutely shocking, and that gave us a chance. No shame in the result though.

I also agree, Tottenham were very ordinary yesterday.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 am

theclaw wrote:Really stupid sending off,absolutely crazy thing to do.
Another booking against Fulham and we will be without Arter as well as Ralls for the Liverpool game.

Ralls, was totally in the wrong and got what he deserved, very stupid thing to do.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 am

Wolfpac wrote:I see massive improvement as games go on we just lack that quality striker if we had someone like Mitrovic we’d be well off the mark, that’s life tho, season starts against Fulham more than capable of beating them

I agree, we've become a more solid team and give everything, we need a quality striker otherwise it all means nothing.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 am

Martin, be interesting to see if he plays for Iceland, next week.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 am

Cardiff had six shots on target in this match, the most they have managed in a Premier League game this season

Key Stats: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Cardiff City

By Alex Neil - October 7, 2018

Tottenham are unbeaten in their past 38 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W35 D3).

Cardiff are winless in their first eight games to a league season for the third time, and first since 1989-90 in the old Division Three.

The Bluebirds have lost five consecutive Premier League games, their worst run ever in the competition.

Tottenham have scored at least once in each of their past 19 Premier League home games, the longest current run in the competition.

Cardiff had six shots on target in this match, the most they have managed in a Premier League game this season.

Cardiff remain the only side Tottenham striker Harry Kane has faced but not scored against in the Premier League. The England forward had six shots on Saturday, more than any other player in the match.

Spurs’ Dier scored his first Premier League goal in 546 days, since netting against Watford at White Hart Lane in April 2017.

Ralls’ red card was only Cardiff’s second in the Premier League, with Juan Cala against Sunderland in April 2014 the other.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
HARRYccfc1927 wrote:we played well just lacked a f++++++ striker who can put the ball in the net! onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

And we've known this for at least 8 months, Warnocks says he knew it as well.

Should of had more money for a decent striker, in the long run, it would of paid of.

Think we wasted on bobby reid, great player never use him though. Cunningham and smithies was a waste of £8 million we knew bennet would be starting and a better player. I hope we can sign a couple of good strikers on loan in january. January will be our lifesaver :bluescarf:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Crowd 43,268 incl 3,144 lowest Spurs Wembley crowd ever

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 am