Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has today's game (v Spurs) encouraged you for the games ahead?

You may select 1 option

View results

POLL: AN ENCOURAGING PERFORMANCE FROM CARDIFF CITY TODAY?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Just made the game (on IPTV) after a long week and have to say I've been encouraged by the Bluebirds performance today. We could/should have been level and/or in front at one point even after Joe Ralls made the task even harder for his team mates!

Some will, as ever, see another defeat in the usual negative light but I honestly believe that there is a win coming from our team and we should remain positive going forward!

Great support from those who travelled to Wembley and its shoddy pitch and very loud and vocal! :ayatollah:

Re: POLL: AN ENCOURAGING PERFORMANCE FROM CARDIFF CITY TODAY

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:15 pm

I didn't see the game but it seems a point would have been a fair result. Problem is its not the first time we have deserved more and got little.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 pm

We certainly are not getting the rub of the green.
This will change , a rebound going in off a post is what we need.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didn't see the game but it seems a point would have been a fair result. Problem is its not the first time we have deserved more and got little.

Spurs deserved their win...……..yes we could have pinched a point which is not quite the same thing as a draw being the fair result.....need a pen or an og just that little bit extra
on a side note the long throws stopped and Spurs broke and attacked after every ,what would normally be a dangerous attack from ourselves....sky influence..?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:17 pm

One positive was our shots on target ? Something like 6 to their 8!! And bit luck which we don't seem to get a lot off could have drawn game, spurs had very little in way of attempts 2nd half. :old:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Sven wrote:Just made the game (on IPTV) after a long week and have to say I've been encouraged by the Bluebirds performance today. We could/should have been level and/or in front at one point even after Joe Ralls made the task even harder for his team mates!

Some will, as ever, see another defeat in the usual negative light but I honestly believe that there is a win coming from our team and we should remain positive going forward!

Great support from those who travelled to Wembley and its shoddy pitch and very loud and vocal! :ayatollah:

I thought we gave it a good go and we look better with VC in the middle and CP up front. Same team for Fulham now.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Being honest before the game someone tells me Spurs win only 1-0 against 10?

I would have laughed at them!!

You have to look at this as unexpectedly positive if you know anything about the Premier League and Spurs in particular.

They will be top 5 this season imho.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Yes it was encouraging.

Time to stop being encouraged now and get some points on the board.

Starting against Fulham.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 pm

I can't really understand why 24% apparently didn't regard this as encouraging.
They gave one of the top teams a real game and only just deserved to lose.

After 8 games and actually only six points behind mid table teams, I really can't see the reason for the panic.

It's been hard to ajust to the higher standard, but they're certainly getting there and a few horrible experiences along the way won't count for much through the whole season. As they learn and develop I think they'll find the standard they need to be at and in the end it may well be that instead of buying premiership players we make them ourselves .

Obviously a draw or even a win would have been better, but at the moment it's more about matching the standard and we're definitely getting there

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:Just made the game (on IPTV) after a long week and have to say I've been encouraged by the Bluebirds performance today. We could/should have been level and/or in front at one point even after Joe Ralls made the task even harder for his team mates!

I thought we gave it a good go and we look better with VC in the middle and CP up front. Same team for Fulham now.

Andrew, the encouraging thing for me was the improvement of a number of players (Morrison and Hoillet in particular) and the better shape to the team. They all worked hard and (not for the first time) lacked that little rub of the green that might have seen us get a point to even three

Joe Ralls (no matter whether it was/should have been a red or yellow card) needs his backside well and truly kicked and he may struggle to get back in the side if the eleven for Fulham the next three games can get some cohesion

When you look at it, Man City apart we haven't been dismantled by the teams we played (not even Chelsea, although they did change gear when they needed to) and a little luck may have seen us with around 6 to 8 points at this time

Personally, I'm keeping the faith whilst some others throw in the towel and/or forget their own words at the end of last season...

We knew it would be tough, we accepted that and (to date) we haven't been disappointed. But the signs are good and with better final delivery' and a little composure in front of goal, we can gather some points in the next few games :thumbright: