Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm: “ A moral victory “

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:44 pm

VINCE ALM:
( Cardiff City Supporters Club ) :bluebird:

Not getting to carried away as Tottenham don't look great but give credit where it's due. Competed for the whole game after the first 15 minutes, and a bit of luck might have got point.

You could see the confidence rising as the game went on, although Tottenham have quality players and still looked dangerous at times.

Quite a few people have had a pop at Sean Morrison his form hasn't been quite there, but he was back to his best.

A moral victory but still a loss, hopefully this will spur us on now

Re: Vince Alm: “ A moral victory “

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Stuff a moral victory,no points gained bottom of the table and our nearest rivels picking up points including Newcastle winning 2 0 at Manchester United not forgetting Ralles needlessly getting sent off,yes stuff a moral victory

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Not happy with points total but we seem to be finding a formation that works.
Junior was improved and Murphy always a threat.
Keep Callum up front , he knows where to head the ball.
First win will be against Fulham.
The fans sounded awesome all game.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:08 pm

fred keenor wrote:Not happy with points total but we seem to be finding a formation that works.

:thumbup: agree

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Serious question though. Who is this Vince Alm mun??

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:22 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:Stuff a moral victory,no points gained bottom of the table and our nearest rivels picking up points including Newcastle winning 2 0 at Manchester United not forgetting Ralles needlessly getting sent off,yes stuff a moral victory

One foot in the grave :thumbup: I bet you're fun to be around :laughing6:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Bananas wrote:Serious question though. Who is this Vince Alm mun??

Supporter of 40 odd years running supporters club for almost as long :thumbup:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:29 pm

We’ve played 5 of the top 6 already. These results won’t define our season, but the performances mean we should be confident of picking up points against the rest

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:59 pm

i agree, if we get enough moral victories, when we go down with no wins, we can win the moral league

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm

City supporters, hmmm PL newbies ha ha

No history, no idea but welcome

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm

fred keenor wrote:Not happy with points total but we seem to be finding a formation that works.

Fulham will take us to the cleaners. Warnock's last game.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Lawnmower wrote:We’ve played 5 of the top 6 already. These results won’t define our season, but the performances mean we should be confident of picking up points against the rest

We've also played the teams in 18th and 19th, with no goals and no wins to show for it.

There are no signs whatsoever that we can win a game because we are not scoring goals.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:22 pm

We also started the Premier League with very little premier league experience in our squad. Now we're 6 games in and the experience is growing very quickly. Proud of them all today and improving every game.

So much negativity with guys on this board i cant believe many of them have been here that long!

The Blues are Staying Up!

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Well said vince
Improving every game
We will start winning games very soon
How did newcastle do today after being 2 nil up
Oops

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Moral victory :shock:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 pm

stevee1966 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:We’ve played 5 of the top 6 already. These results won’t define our season, but the performances mean we should be confident of picking up points against the rest

We've also played the teams in 18th and 19th, with no goals and no wins to show for it.

There are no signs whatsoever that we can win a game because we are not scoring goals.

But the 18th & 19 sides didn't beat us either! Try being positive :thumbup:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm

I always believed the first three games were crucial ..If we had taken points against Bournemouth , Newcastle and Huddersfield then we would be in a far better position than we are now ! ..,The support we have is incredible but I fear if we don't pick up points in November against the so called lesser teams then the tide will turn against NW ...Vince is spot on it was a moral victory today though defending for the first goal was woeful !

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 pm

A moral loss :banghead:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Probably the most ignorant question of the year to date...! :o :shock: :oops:

And a sign that (the occasionally funny) 'Bananas' isn't a proper City fan...not of Cardiff City anyway! ;)

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 am

At least Kane failed ( again ) to find the back of the net against us .

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:45 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

:laughing6: :wave:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:47 am

Was an encouraging performance, think reed and Murphy wld work well together up front.
Team battled, was appreciated by the travelling support.
Wembley was soulless, spurs fans shocking....

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 am

Bananas wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

:laughing6: :wave:

Vince is the unofficail leader of the supporters club.

He has been following the club for many years attending most of the games home and away. The only break he has taken was when he started up a family. His family are all grown up now so that gives you an idea how long he has been around.

If you are ever short of a ticket there is a good chance Vince will be able to help you out, specially for away games. He does a lot organising away trips and usually ends up with a spare ticket or two due to people not being able to attend. You will be able to find him at most away games.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Probably the most ignorant question of the year to date...! :o :shock: :oops:

And a sign that (the occasionally funny) 'Bananas' isn't a proper City fan...not of Cardiff City anyway! ;)

I missed the funny one

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:07 am

bluebird04 wrote:i agree, if we get enough moral victories, when we go down with no wins, we can win the moral league

He is trying to support his team we all no the position we are in we can all state the obvious.
He is trying to find the positives and although we never picked up points today the lads did well against a top team and that's a positive.
Get behind the team if we play like that we'll give the lesser teams a run for there money that's his point.
What else can we do .

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 pm

If it's any consolation, Birmingham City have about 80 moral victories over us. They beat us 0-0 last season. :lol:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:28 pm

AV3 wrote:If it's any consolation, Birmingham City have about 80 moral victories over us. They beat us 0-0 last season. :lol:

the biggest one of course being you play in BIRMINGHAM CITY..
id hate to play in Swansea and be called something Villa tbh.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:29 pm

AV3 wrote:If it's any consolation, Birmingham City have about 80 moral victories over us. They beat us 0-0 last season. :lol:

For you that's a consolation :laughing5: WTF has Birmingham and your results got to do with us? You are championship teams :laughing5: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:39 pm

dogfound wrote:

Remind me again how many City's there are again. Swansea City, Cardiff City, Manchester City - All the fcukin same to me.

There's only one Villa and everyone knows where we come from.

I'd hate to be called "City" or "United". Have a look at the founding members of the football league and see how many "Citys" or "Uniteds" there are.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm

AV3 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Remind me again how many City's there are again. Swansea City, Cardiff City, Manchester City - All the fcukin same to me.

There's only one Villa and everyone knows where we come from.

I'd hate to be called "City" or "United". Have a look at the founding members of the football league and see how many "Citys" or "Uniteds" there are.

touched a nerve thinks me... :lol:
and yes everyone knows where your village is...IN BIRMINGHAM CITY