Ralls Red Card

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ralls Red Card

Postby Igovernor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 am

maccydee wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Im sure the club will appeal and this will be overturned.
Awful and cynical but never a red.
VAR surely is needed asap

It will not be over turned nor should it be.

Got to say I have seen a lot worse than that and only a yellow given!
Igovernor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Mr Potato » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:26 am

All this if it was spurs player etc, Ralls was dangerous and not in control as he stupidly lunged for the player. If he grabs his shirt, clips his ankles it’s a yellow, we really can’t be complaining or blaming the ref. Ralls has cost us and we have 3 games without him time for a change.
Mr Potato

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 am

Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Im sure the club will appeal and this will be overturned.
Awful and cynical but never a red.
VAR surely is needed asap

It will not be over turned nor should it be.

Got to say I have seen a lot worse than that and only a yellow given!

And seen Reds given for not as much including two reds for teams against us this year.
maccydee

Postby danielrees17 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 am

Just seen it again now and still my opinion hasn't changed he put his leg across his body to make sure he weren't going anywhere to stop them from potentially scoring, never a red card in my opinion, I can see why spurs were moaning about it but more from a frustrated point of view because he wrecked their chance at scoring than from a dangerous point of view. If that's a red card then every team should be playing with 8 men each week
danielrees17

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just seen it on MOTD.

It’s a clear red, referee made the right decision.

Totally agree Ned, tackle was late and reckless by Joe Ralls.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Acid test is if it was other way around and spurs player got a yellow would city fans be happy ? Not a chance be a red card all day they would say :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Acid test is if it was other way around and spurs player got a yellow would city fans be happy ? Not a chance be a red card all day they would say :thumbup:

Of course it was red and if one of their players had done it I guarantee every poster on here would say it was 100% a red card.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Of course it was red and if one of their players had done it I guarantee every poster on here would say it was 100% a red card.

No not everyone because some swear blind it was not a red card even after seeing it on tv! Point is they say it's a yellow because it's a city player but like said they'll say it's a red if spurs player, I said from outset it was red and seeing it again doesn't change that view from either perspective. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BluebirdNorth wrote:Reading some posts online you'd think ralls took his head off even some pundits were saying clear red, no idea where they are coming from, wasn't even that high of a challenge.

Alan you need to look at that again, same tackle today and a yellow brandished Ralls no where near goal, and not a dangerous tackle he went across him knee high, i dont know what people see watching a tackle but that wad never a red card, can you tell me why dean went to pull out of his left pocket a yellow, was surrounded by spurs players, put the card back in and then pulls the red out of his right pocket, it is now not allowed to surround the ref, but nothing happened no cards, kane shoul have been red carded, fir grabbing hold of Ralls

He went in with two feet from behind halfway up his body! Letissier thinks either lino or 4th official made the call as ref seemed to go for yellow card, but at end day it was a totally unnecessary tackle and cannot argue about red as was reckless however way you look at it . :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BluebirdNorth wrote:Reading some posts online you'd think ralls took his head off even some pundits were saying clear red, no idea where they are coming from, wasn't even that high of a challenge.

Alan you need to look at that again, same tackle today and a yellow brandished Ralls no where near goal, and not a dangerous tackle he went across him knee high, i dont know what people see watching a tackle but that wad never a red card, can you tell me why dean went to pull out of his left pocket a yellow, was surrounded by spurs players, put the card back in and then pulls the red out of his right pocket, it is now not allowed to surround the ref, but nothing happened no cards, kane shoul have been red carded, fir grabbing hold of Ralls

He went in with two feet from behind halfway up his body! Letissier thinks either lino or 4th official made the call as ref seemed to go for yellow card, but at end day it was a totally unnecessary tackle and cannot argue about red as was reckless however way you look at it . :thumbup:

Guv don't think it was spurs players who influenced the ref more likely was 4th official or lino, can argue all day long and seen worse tackles with yellow card of course but at end day the tackle was reckless by any standard and should never have been made ? Blame ralls not officials for the red because as we know officials are not consistent and he left officials with a choice that could gone either way! Ffs trip him pull shirt, clip his ankle, grab him block him all those are yellow cards ? His tackle left him open to a red card which he got it's that simple :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 pm

No doubt it was a red. Anyone saying otherwise Is blinkered
paulh_85

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:38 pm

I think it's red but in the way the rule is used or the way a lot of football people see it then it should be a yellow because any cynical foul usually gets a yellow and I think some evaluating on this rule/law needs to be looked at because the way I see it you see one of these challenges once every weekend in any division and it gets a yellow so they need to get some consistency on this as it is red but usually only gets a yellow as it's deemed a 'cynical foul'.

It's a bad challenge but any other game/team it would have got a yellow.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Walinoz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Mendy’s tackle on firminho ; cynical, not even a card
Walinoz

Postby PtB » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am

It’s not a red card offence. It’s a reckless trip near the halfway line to stop a promising attack. There is no excessive force and he doesn’t endanger the safety of his opponent. A yellow card should have been shown and I agree with NW in that a yellow was coming until other parties got involved and made it look worse than it was.

Go have a look at the at the Danny Swanson tackle in yesterday’s St Johnstone v Celtic match if you want to see a sending off offence!
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby BournvilleBlue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 am

Red, no question.
Doesn't matter what else happened in teh game or other tackles, looking at this on its own its a red all day. Crazy tackle.
BournvilleBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am

PtB wrote:It’s not a red card offence. It’s a reckless trip near the halfway line to stop a promising attack. There is no excessive force and he doesn’t endanger the safety of his opponent. A yellow card should have been shown and I agree with NW in that a yellow was coming until other parties got involved and made it look worse than it was.

Go have a look at the at the Danny Swanson tackle in yesterday’s St Johnstone v Celtic match if you want to see a sending off offence!

Each tackle is made in its on merits same as refs decision is made on individual cases, But ralls tackle a trip?? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby PtB » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
PtB wrote:It’s not a red card offence. It’s a reckless trip near the halfway line to stop a promising attack. There is no excessive force and he doesn’t endanger the safety of his opponent. A yellow card should have been shown and I agree with NW in that a yellow was coming until other parties got involved and made it look worse than it was.

Each tackle is made in its on merits same as refs decision is made on individual cases, But ralls tackle a trip?? :laughing6:

Yes. He’s played his legs, albeit a little high. As before though, no excessive force or endangerment of opponents safety. I’ve spoke to 8 other refs now and looked over the clips and only one felt red.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

PtB

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:14 pm

PtB wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes. He’s played his legs, albeit a little high. As before though, no excessive force or endangerment of opponents safety. I’ve spoke to 8 other refs now and looked over the clips and only one felt red.

Yes he played his legs but he came from behind and thigh high which.msde it dangerous, tbh the way he went at it looked as if he kicked out at player yes seen worse get yellow seen less get red thats football? A trip means ankles not thighs, was such a stupid thing to do pull him back or block him, go for ankles they get you a yellow what he did opened himself to get red so cannot see it being overturned . :old:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
PtB wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes he played his legs but he came from behind and thigh high which.msde it dangerous, tbh the way he went at it looked as if he kicked out at player yes seen worse get yellow seen less get red thats football? A trip means ankles not thighs, was such a stupid thing to do pull him back or block him, go for ankles they get you a yellow what he did opened himself to get red so cannot see it being overturned . :old:

go for ankles..?
no mate he is not a dirty player,thats the point ,he obstructed him not hacked him down
dogfound

Postby PtB » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
PtB wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It wasn’t dangerous, that’s the whole point.

It was reckless, has been said a million times. A reckless challenge should be cautioned.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

PtB

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:20 am

It’s a red.

No complaints.

Move on.

Next!
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby BlueDredd » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 am

Wasn't dangerous, wasn't an obvious goal scoring opportunity, studs not showing. Nothing more than a forceful and cynical trip.

Never in a million should that be a red by the letter of the law.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:No doubt it was a red. Anyone saying otherwise Is blinkered

What do you know Paul!? :laughing6:

not a red for me :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

BlueDredd wrote:Wasn't dangerous, wasn't an obvious goal scoring opportunity, studs not showing. Nothing more than a forceful and cynical trip.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Wasn't dangerous, wasn't an obvious goal scoring opportunity, studs not showing. Nothing more than a forceful and cynical trip.

Do you mean the law that says a tackle with no attempt to play the ball is a red card?
maccydee

Previous

Return to General Chat