Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK FURIOUS “

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Furious Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock blasts England skipper Harry Kane for role in Joe Ralls red card

Saturday 6th October 2018

Warnock feels Tottenham talisman Kane helped get Ralls sent off at Wembley

Neil Warnock has an angry exchange with Spurs players after Ralls' red card (Image: Getty Images Europe)
Warnock feels Tottenham talisman Kane helped get Ralls sent off at Wembley

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock angrily hit out at England captain Harry Kane by accusing him of helping to get Joe Ralls sent off at Tottenham.

Referee Mike Dean gave Ralls a straight red in the 58th minute of the Bluebirds' 1-0 Wembley loss after he lunged at Lucas Moura.

England skipper and Spurs talisman Harry Kane rushed up to Ralls after the challenge and it provoked an angry reaction from Warnock. A video of him sarcastically telling Kane 'Well done Harry' was doing the rounds on social media afterwards.

After his post-match Press conference, Warnock said: "I think everyone gets angry in a game of football, 5-a-side or whatever.

"I thought it was a very soft one to say the least. I didn’t think it was violent conduct, I thought it was cynical. He (Mike Dean) went for his yellow card, but the whole day there’s been busy people around him.

"It was a group decision, people in his earphones and Mike Dean doesn't need that because he's a good referee. I wouldn't be surprised if the linesman said something."

Warnock continued: "It doesn't help that there's about 15 white shirts all haranguing him either.

"Why not give Harry Kane a red? He went in and pushed him (Ralls) didn’t he? He doesn’t need to do that. He was doing that to make an issue of it, make the referee think the challenge was worse than it actually was.

"He plays for England, is a top player, I love him, but I don’t think you should try and get other pros sent off. He's the England captain for goodness sake.

"He didn't need to do that. Just because Kane was having a poor game himself. He was determined to score today because we're the only Premier League side he's not scored against, but I thought our centre-backs handled him well."

Warnock said he was proud of the effort put in by his players, even though Cardif went to the bottom of the table.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK FURIOUS “

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Should have called Kane a tw*t again in the press conference

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Typical NW reaction and up to point he's right but instead of having go at Dean and Dean he should except it was red card and be honest and say ralls tackle was stupid and unessasary and that gave dean a decision to make, :old:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Sorry Neil your furious with the wrong player,you should vent your anger at Ralls.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:33 pm

theclaw wrote:Sorry Neil your furious with the wrong player,you should vent your anger at Ralls.

Ralls done nothing wrong apart from being slow? He took one for the team and if that's a red card then we should be seeing teams playing with 8 men every week

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm

I said red at the game today I watched back 100% red card ball is 10 yards away he looks at the player and takes him out with legs if he puts his arm up it’s a yellow fact is it looks dangerous and it’s a red card and a poor decision by a pro player

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:53 pm

all the football experts on the radio and sky said it was a harsh red card and if players are going to be sent off for that kind of challenge then there is going to be a lot of red cards . Kane is a wanker anyway what kind of player would steel a goal from a team mate when everyone could see he didn't touch it for his golden boot that he didn't get anyway thank god

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:54 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
theclaw wrote:Sorry Neil your furious with the wrong player,you should vent your anger at Ralls.

Ralls done nothing wrong apart from being slow? He took one for the team and if that's a red card then we should be seeing teams playing with 8 men every week

Have a look at it in the morning,you say Ralls done nothing wrong other than too slow.He actually deliberately takes him out high.
Needless way to stop him as a simple shirt pull would have done.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

I thought clubs had been told about their players harassing the referee? If it was a red then no need for the Spurs players to hound the referee!

Referees will now have to give a red card for everything that is similar to Ralls tackle.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

theclaw wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

Have a look at it in the morning,you say Ralls done nothing wrong other than too slow.He actually deliberately takes him out high.

I'll have another look tonight on MOTD but when I initially seen it and a replay after it I thought a red was an appalling call, if I change my mind I'll be the first to say I was wrong

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:21 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
theclaw wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

I'll have another look tonight on MOTD but when I initially seen it and a replay after it I thought a red was an appalling call, if I change my mind I'll be the first to say I was wrong

Ralls wasn't slow he was beaten buy a quicker player altogether! Player was well past him when he used both legs on his midrift to stop him? Experienced player would have just tripped him blocked him or pulled shirt all are yellow card offences , what he did opened himself to get red card for reckless challenge! There is arguments for both cards but officials saw it as red and ralls or NW cannot blame them only ralls is to blame :thumbup:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Just seen it on MOTD.

It’s a clear red, referee made the right decision.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Just seen it on TV clear red and yellow for Kane,both correct decisions!

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:47 am

I'd never argue with Sir Neil about football because he's bloody good on the subject and I've got incredible respect for him as an individual.
On this thing though, I really can't see how anyone could complain about the referee sending Joe off. I can't imagine what he was trying to do or how he thought he could get away with it.
Fairs fair.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:40 am

Probably should have just tripped him, but also weeks of pressure and poor performances.
A rest will do him good.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 am

I thought red cards where for dangerous play or for dead certain goal opportunities been denied it was imo reckless, but not a leg braker or a 2 footed challenge, so a yellow for me and mike dean until golden boy kane got involved along with the entire spurs team, my misses was listening on 5 live commentary and pat nevin said yellow only silly but not dangerous but dean was going for a yellow card until ge was harrased by spurs and thats why neil was annoyed trying there best to get him sent off.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 am

I'd worry about our performances Neil first.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:47 am

Dahboy wrote:I'd worry about our performances Neil first.

Why would Neil worry about you lot in Swansea Town?? :?

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 am

I was travelling and listening to the radio and from the commentators view I though we had been hard done by However seeing it on tv 100% a sending off and if it had happen to our player we would all agree. I just can’t see why any commentator would think it is anything but a red

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:07 am

Clear red card for me. Time for Gunnarsson to step up - let’s hope he doesn’t play for Iceland during the break.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:12 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock makes extraordinary claim over Joe Ralls red card vs Tottenham - football.london

By Lee Wilmot

London News

Sunday 7th October 2018

Neil Warnock was not impressed after the defeat to Tottenham at Wembley.

The Bluebirds boss admitted his pride at his team's display in losing 1-0 to Spurs.

But he was not happy with referee Mike Dean.

Cardiff had to play for the final half hour with ten men following a red card for Joe Ralls.

Ralls cynically brought down Lucas Moura on the halfway line after the Spurs star had played the ball past him and tried to get away.

Warnock did not believe it should have been a sending off, and felt that the Spurs players, all 20 of them, influenced the referee's decision.

He said: "I thought Mike Dean, an experienced referee, was going to give a yellow card, right from the start, but when he left it, there were one or two busy people around today, the linesman and the fourth official and I'm sure one of those influenced him.

Eric Dier celebrates his winning goal
"I'm sure when he looks at it [again] he would have given a yellow card nine out of ten times if it's left to him.

"I think he was wrong. He's not got any studs on him, yes he's pulled him down, but on the halfway line, come on, I don't think that's a red card.

"I don't know why it's a red card. He's not endangering the life of the player.

"He did go for [the yellow card], but when 20 players surround you all wearing a white shirt, all big name players, I think it influences them at times. It will be interesting to see if he reports that."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:20 am

I watched it this morning and I think it’s definitely a red card. Eric Dier made a good point on MOTD in saying that Ralls could have been cleverer in making the tackle only getting himself a yellow. As somebody has already said, if that tackle had been made on one of our players, we’d be screaming for a red, solets be consistent.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 am

noisycat wrote:I watched it this morning and I think it’s definitely a red card. Eric Dier made a good point on MOTD in saying that Ralls could have been cleverer in making the tackle only getting himself a yellow. As somebody has already said, if that tackle had been made on one of our players, we’d be screaming for a red, solets be consistent.

I have watched it 4 times, def a red, a late reckles tackle by Ralls and we should own up to it, not make out it never happened.

It was a straight red, no ifs or buts

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:58 am

Dirty , violent and blatant.

Re: It was a straight red, no ifs or buts

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:00 am

Without doubt. Partisanship aside, this should be rooted out of football.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:27 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Dirty , violent and blatant.

What it highlighted was just how thick as pig shit Ralls must be.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:27 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Dirty , violent and blatant.

Yes it was and it capped a poor all round performance by Ralls. Many improvements yesterday but he wasn't one of them - don't want to make him a scapegoat but he didn't offer much. It will be interesting to see what happens in our midfield over the next three games when he is out.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:32 am

I think he could of tackled him on purpose much easier with not much effect, like maybe tripping him but not kung fu kicking him