Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Listening to the journalists on the Sunday Supplement

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 am

Listening to the journalists on the Sunday Supplement this morning describe Cardiff City as agricultural and technically not fit for the PL was tough as a City fan.

I’ve been shocked though by the gap between our technical ability and tactics and that of every other team in the league. It’s desperately hard to say, but Etheridge and Camarasa aside, we do look out of our depth.
Still hoping that something could turn in our favour; that one win and some new confidence might make us look as if we can compete, but it’s looking like a very, very long season!

Re: Listening to the journalists on the Sunday Supplement

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 am

Far greater gap in quality from the championship to the Premier league this time than the last time we were in PL.

As NW stated we are probably ahead of where we needed to be in winning promotion.
Also VT needs to understand the finances needed to even stand a chance of staying up.
PL clubs have moved on in transfer fees , again a good proven player will cost around 15 to 20 million.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:58 am

fred keenor wrote:Far greater gap in quality from the championship to the Premier league this time than the last time we were in PL.

As NW stated we are probably ahead of where we needed to be in winning promotion.
Also VT needs to understand the finances needed to even stand a chance of staying up.
PL clubs have moved on in transfer fees , again a good proven player will cost around 15 to 20 million.

Post of the week in my opinion :thumbup: How does the club imagine we're going to attract younger fans and increase our fan base from here on in?

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:01 am

Across all media sources today we are taking a pasting.
They really do not like us or NW,

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:56 am

Remember a lot of this criticism is borne out of their dislike of Cardiff City FC and Neil Warnock himself. We do not fit their fasionable premier league model. Cardiff city and Neil Warnock were made for each other.

F*** them, i love being disliked!

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:37 pm

We are taking a right pasting I don't think anyone has a good word to day about us.
And that tackle by Ralls wasn't malicious perhaps just mis timed because of the gulf in class .
We could have easily got an equalizer wonder what would have been said about that ..... unlucky Spurs probably.
Agricultural that's harsh

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:39 pm

There are times when when we play like rabbits caught in headlights but I'm sure the answer is not sacking Warnock at this stage.I also tend not to pay too much attention to these journo's either cause their job is to pick holes in everybody but have been known to change their mind at the drop of a hat.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Your absolutely rubbish mate, nothing to do with warnock or dislike for your team. You can try and dress it up as much as you like.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:Your absolutely rubbish mate, nothing to do with warnock or dislike for your team. You can try and dress it up as much as you like.

Awwww thanks for your input much appreciated., from which ever club you support is it a premiership
Club? :occasion5:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Scoularfan wrote:We are taking a right pasting I don't think anyone has a good word to day about us.
And that tackle by Ralls wasn't malicious perhaps just mis timed because of the gulf in class .
We could have easily got an equalizer wonder what would have been said about that ..... unlucky Spurs probably.
Agricultural that's harsh

How do you mistime a tackle when the ball already has passed you, 10 yards I believe, look over your left shoulder and go Kung fu on a player coming behind you with higher speed? If that’s your cognitive reaction I really don’t think being a footballer is the best of ideas.

And if we had equalized, I believe the response would be the same. Tottenham was poor. They had numerous of chances to put another one in. But they didn’t. They played like shit. Totally static and struggling to find a pass. And apart from a few times with pace and good movement, we didn’t play very good either. Lacking rhythm, movement and ability. One plan, no plan B.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:34 pm

I have said it before and will say again we are a welsh club in there english prem and they don' t like it simple as that, ok we sing anti english songs but they sing g.s.t.queen
at every opportunity also don't hear much slagging off of the teams around us who have spent a lot more than us, but hey they are fellow english teams, its like the school bully pick on the weakest and the smallest and odd one out. Cymru am byth.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:48 pm

I have it on series link and just caught up with it, yes it was painful, but we don't fulfil the "best league in the world" personna.

The gentrification and middle classation of football is summarised perfectly in their comments, their looking down their nose at teams like ours makes me despair. English football has sold its soul to globalisation and fair enough we are second to the states in free market philosophies. But these same journalist will cry crocodile tears at great clubs like Portsmouth, Sunderland,Leeds, both Sheffield clubs and Villa languishing in the EFL because the were not financially prudent. They don't give a toss about real fans.

Unless you have a rich sugar daddy you can't compete in the premier league. Leicester fluked a perfect season as all the big boys imploded and indeed it helped the any given saturday myth of the premier league, but we know its not really true anymore. They load the debt onto the club and the club is really the fans.

They love to Eulogise about peps amazing beautiful ground breaking free flowing football without mentioning its bankrolled by a corrupt regime that is one of the worlds worst for human rights offenders. A couple of week ago one had a mini meltdown that Abramovic didn't get a free pass because he owned Chelsea. I do love the Guardian and Independent blind spots.

I do agree the top boys are better than when we were last in the premier, but we were by far the best championship team that season and although the records say we were the second best team in the championship last season i know we all know that was untrue, we consistently played to out peak.

We haven't played the game. £20 mill on unknown unsophisticated non international English lads is not what they want. We don't sell copy or ad space on their web pages.

Its tough but Joe Ralls & Bennett are good championship players, its not their fault they are not Pogba or Hazard. Expensively replacing them jeopardises our club and i don't want that to happen. They are trying hard for our club and I am proud of them however ill judged their challenges were.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:39 pm

What about Fulham? Are they going to take a pasting from the press? I mean 1-5 at home to Arsenal!! Shocking. And they've spent 5 times as much as us!

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Neil Warnock does not help himself by his stupid comments about the sending off. It was a straight red card every time and anyone can see it his criticism of the ref is ridiculous.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 pm

It's like we've been pasted every game we've played, bar Man City we have been in every single game for 80 minutes or more.. lost narrowly to Arsenal, Chelsea we were very much in the game up until the penalty, yesterday we had couple of chances and could have easily nicked a point..

I vented a lot of frustration and made a point that Warnock should come under some sort of pressure and I still maintain that to a certain degree but taking a step back I would like Warnock here for the season just because we would have stability going into next season whatever the outcome.

Talking to my mate on the way home after the game the only thing we kept saying was the lack of a striker is costing us which shows we are not far off being a team that could give us a good go at staying up.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 pm

We can gain points against Fulham, Leicester and Wolves at home. Let's see where we are in our mini league then. It's a shame we didn't beat Burnley.
NW can turn the negative journalism into an "everyone against us" mentality rather than a pretty little football team that people feel empathy for such as Fulham who faired far worse than us against Arsenal.
So what if we are direct and don't fit the ethos of The Premier League, did Leicester when they won the bloody thing?
No Fat lady singing yet for me!!

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have it on series link and just caught up with it, yes it was painful, but we don't fulfil the "best league in the world" personna.

The gentrification and middle classation of football is summarised perfectly in their comments, their looking down their nose at teams like ours makes me despair. English football has sold its soul to globalisation and fair enough we are second to the states in free market philosophies. But these same journalist will cry crocodile tears at great clubs like Portsmouth, Sunderland,Leeds, both Sheffield clubs and Villa languishing in the EFL because the were not financially prudent. They don't give a toss about real fans.

Unless you have a rich sugar daddy you can't compete in the premier league. Leicester fluked a perfect season as all the big boys imploded and indeed it helped the any given saturday myth of the premier league, but we know its not really true anymore. They load the debt onto the club and the club is really the fans.

They love to Eulogise about peps amazing beautiful ground breaking free flowing football without mentioning its bankrolled by a corrupt regime that is one of the worlds worst for human rights offenders. A couple of week ago one had a mini meltdown that Abramovic didn't get a free pass because he owned Chelsea. I do love the Guardian and Independent blind spots.

I do agree the top boys are better than when we were last in the premier, but we were by far the best championship team that season and although the records say we were the second best team in the championship last season i know we all know that was untrue, we consistently played to out peak.

We haven't played the game. £20 mill on unknown unsophisticated non international English lads is not what they want. We don't sell copy or ad space on their web pages.

Its tough but Joe Ralls & Bennett are good championship players, its not their fault they are not Pogba or Hazard. Expensively replacing them jeopardises our club and i don't want that to happen. They are trying hard for our club and I am proud of them however ill judged their challenges were.

Excellent post Ilan. There's no place anymore, for a hard working, workinmans club, in the highest echelons of English professional association football. It's all about how much you spend,,, or are willing to spend.

We are a Cinderella club,,,, at a very very expensive, & inclusive ball,,, & we're not welcome!

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 am

Brilliant post Llan........couldn't agree more. :notworthy: :bluebird:

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:21 am

Trefelin06 wrote:Your absolutely rubbish mate, nothing to do with warnock or dislike for your team. You can try and dress it up as much as you like.

Shut up you f*cking idiot.Yet another multi-your fooling no-one ;)