Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not all doom and gloom

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Just looking at the table and we have played 5 of the current top 6 in our 8 games so far only exemption is Liverpool and that’s coming end of the month, we could have got something at bournmouth on the first day was in it until injury time and definitely should have got something at home to Arsenal if not for the brilliance of lacazette and aubameyang and could have got something at Wembley yesterday with 10 men with a little rub of the green, granted we were outclassed by Chelsea and Man City eventually after good opening half hours to the games but theres no shame in that.

So in our other 3 games, yes we should have beat both Newcastle and Huddersfield with them being down to 10 men but i think we was still feeling our way in the division then and that they came to early i think that if we played them now in the same circumstances we would have got the goals and wins needed, then obviously there was last week against burnley where everyone could see we were the better team and met an inspired ex England number 1 in goal to keep them in the game.

I believe our season starts against Fulham week after next and if they lose to Arsenal today(currently 2-1 down) we can draw level on points with them if we beat them, and thats after them spending 100 mill in the summer and us having an harder start and a better looking run of games coming up.

So onwards and upwards the only game we can write off up until Christmas is Liverpool away end of this month(after us writing off chelsea spurs and man city early on) but other than that we can start picking up more points now so that we can be in the mix of survival by the time the transfer window opens in January and get a new striker or 2 in who can cut it in the prem!

Keep the faith bluebirds :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Re: Not all doom and gloom

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Agree with you mate
Fulham getting a pasting now against arsenal and they spent 98 mil

Re: Not all doom and gloom

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Walinoz wrote:Agree with you mate
Fulham getting a pasting now against arsenal and they spent 98 mil

Yes they now have the worst defensive record in the league now conceding 21 to our 17 after arguably harder games for us too, we got to take advantage of that next game.