Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lowest ever Spurs Wembley crowd

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:12 pm

43,268 incl 3,144 lowest Spurs Wembley Premier crowd ever

Re: Lowest ever Spurs Wembley crowd

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Spurs v Cardiff City It’s not the lowest Spurs Wembley crowd ever !
2017/2118 season-
They low crowds against West Ham 2017 in the Premier league just over- 36,000
Barnsley 24,000.
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2017/12/2 ... eague-cup/

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:43 pm

I’m a STH who HATES going to Wembley , we were promised to be back in our home by now , so I Boycotted it ,as did many others , who go away and abroad .
Also with my son , on Wednesday tickets , travel, food drink etc cost nearly £180 and yesterday would have been another £120+, I earn a reasonable salary , but can’t afford nearly £300 in one week , and sorry to say , “ it was only Cardiff” , if it had been Arsenal , obviously I’d have found the monies and cut back in a few weeks time

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Spurs v Cardiff City It’s not the lowest Spurs Wembley crowd ever !
2017/2118 season-
Barnsley 24,000.

That's the league cup dude league was 50k

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:07 pm

Don't tell me - It's another Welsh conspiracy and nothing whatsoever to do with Cardiff being absolutely dreadful to watch and the ball being out of play for roughly half the game. :lol:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 pm

AV3 wrote:Don't tell me - It's another Welsh conspiracy and nothing whatsoever to do with Cardiff being absolutely dreadful to watch and the ball being out of play for roughly half the game. :lol:

Feck in plastics :laughing5: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 am

AV3 wrote:Don't tell me - It's another Welsh conspiracy and nothing whatsoever to do with Cardiff being absolutely dreadful to watch and the ball being out of play for roughly half the game. :lol:

What is your obsession with Cardiff City based on troll ? :roll:

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:47 am

You do realise there are 2 teams involved in a game? And that you generally go to support your own? Plus 'only Cardiff' that's an easy 5 goal thrashing.

Why wouldn't you want to go?! I think the Spurs fan above sums up how they feel a lot better than a Villa fan.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:09 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Spurs v Cardiff City It’s not the lowest Spurs Wembley crowd ever !
2017/2118 season-
Barnsley 24,000.

It actually is for a Premier League game.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 am

AV, We sold our full allocation of 3,144, as I have said before home fans should uplift their club no matter who the opposition is.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 am

I think the capacity had been heavily reduced due to Wembley only being allowed to hold a certain number of events in a certain time period. As they are now hosting all Cl group games there capacity had to be reduced for some games.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Spurs crowd cut by order of the local council. Limited capacity see article below.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 55456.html