Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am

Cardiff City to appeal controversial Joe Ralls red card against Tottenham Hotspur
By Dominic Booth


https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... qsa_rfDids


Monday 8th October 2018

Cardiff City are to appeal Joe Ralls' controversial red card against Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports.


The midfielder saw red midway through the second half of Cardiff's 1-0 defeat to Spurs , prompting a furious reaction from Neil Warnock after the involvement of many of the hosts' players with referee Mike Dean.

The Sun reports that the Bluebirds will now appeal Ralls' three-match ban and look to get it overturned by the Football Association.


How it unfolded

Warnock said after the game he thought the red card was harsh and vented fury at Harry Kane's involvement.

"I thought it was a very soft one to say the least," said Warnock.

"I didn’t think it was violent conduct, I thought it was cynical."


Kane and other Tottenham players were seen haranguing the referee and Harry Arter claimed Dean changed his decision from a yellow card to a red.

Many pundits also disagreed on whether the tackle was a red card — serious foul play — or just a yellow.


Cardiff now go into the international break but clearly want Ralls to feature in crucial games against Fulham, Liverpool and Leicester after the hiatus.

As it stands, the midfielder will miss those three contests.
Attachments
Red Card.jpg
Red Card.jpg (81.15 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 14279
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:39 am

I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby mugsy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Seems to be varied opinions on the decision - Match of the Day pundits said red whilst Keown and Ince on Final Score both said yellow - so I guess its worth a go.
mugsy
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am

Red all day long and for us to be appealing it, makes Warnock and co look very silly.
User avatar
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Barry

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Ned, I'm with you on that :thumbright:

I was shocked when he did it (out on the wing and wasn't the last man) and it looked OTT and reckless. Regardless of whether Mike "look at me" Dean was allegedly going to initially give a yellow or not, IMHO he got it right!

Can you imagine if an opposing player did that to one of ours? :(
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 14279
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby castleblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Earth to Joe Ralls the next time you want to try something cynical "Pull The Fecking Shirt Off His Back" , in the position you were that is no more than a yellow. What you actually did was reckless and a red card all day long so the club is wasting it's time with this appeal.


:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
User avatar
castleblue
 
Posts: 5192
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:14 pm

It was cynical but not dangerous

A yellow for me but cant see it being overturned .......On the bright side gives someone else a chance now
User avatar
Mr Moo Cow
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby noisycat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Accept the decision and move on. It will give NW a chance to try a different setup in midfield
noisycat
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:It was cynical but not dangerous

A yellow for me but cant see it being overturned .......On the bright side gives someone else a chance now


Not sure that it wasn’t dangerous.. knee high deliberate tackle while a player was in full flight?? Could have caused a considerable amount of damage

Definite red for me.
oohahhPaulMillar
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 am

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:42 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:It was cynical but not dangerous

A yellow for me but cant see it being overturned .......On the bright side gives someone else a chance now


Not sure that it wasn’t dangerous.. knee high deliberate tackle while a player was in full flight?? Could have caused a considerable amount of damage

Definite red for me.


I wouldn't disagree with you for some its yellow and for others its a red
He won't be a great miss anyway :lol:
User avatar
Mr Moo Cow
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby Elwood Blues » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Mark Halsey doesn't agree with you.

Neither do I.

A clear yellow certainly
Elwood Blues
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

Re: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby avondaleblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:47 pm

I agree that it was cynical and Ralls should have tugged his shirt, but in my opinion it was never a challenge to cause serious injury as the law states it has to be brutal or potential to cause serious injury, and I saw a far more dangerous tackle likely to cause serious injury by Danny Ings in their game with Chelsea yesterday, and he only got a yellow card. He was late and over the ball catching the Chelsea player above the ankle, so that in my view was a far worse tackle than Ralls did. There again Mike Dean does like to be controversial.
avondaleblue
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby T1JMO » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Personally I thought it deserved a red - but if you think about it it's not really violent conduct and no different to a player pulling a shirt to stop the opposition getting to the ball...
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby Elwood Blues » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 pm

avondaleblue wrote:I agree that it was cynical and Ralls should have tugged his shirt, but in my opinion it was never a challenge to cause serious injury as the law states it has to be brutal or potential to cause serious injury, and I saw a far more dangerous tackle likely to cause serious injury by Danny Ings in their game with Chelsea yesterday, and he only got a yellow card. He was late and over the ball catching the Chelsea player above the ankle, so that in my view was a far worse tackle than Ralls did. There again Mike Dean does like to be controversial.


I agree.

Ings challenge was far worse.

I have seen players legs broken by tackles like that.
Elwood Blues
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Mark Halsey doesn't agree with you.

Neither do I.

A clear yellow certainly


The vast majority do agree with me though.

Not a chance will this be overturned, just a complete waste of everyone’s time.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

avondaleblue wrote:I agree that it was cynical and Ralls should have tugged his shirt, but in my opinion it was never a challenge to cause serious injury as the law states it has to be brutal or potential to cause serious injury, and I saw a far more dangerous tackle likely to cause serious injury by Danny Ings in their game with Chelsea yesterday, and he only got a yellow card. He was late and over the ball catching the Chelsea player above the ankle, so that in my view was a far worse tackle than Ralls did. There again Mike Dean does like to be controversial.


I thought Ings should have been sent off as well.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108486
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby Elwood Blues » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Mark Halsey doesn't agree with you.

Neither do I.

A clear yellow certainly


The vast majority do agree with me though.

Not a chance will this be overturned, just a complete waste of everyone’s time.



Vast majority of who?
Elwood Blues
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Do our appeals go to the Welsh FA anymore? Thats the only way that will ever get overturned.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: BARRY

Re: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

Postby Elwood Blues » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:44 pm




Having seen that J am still convinced it was a yellow card.
Elwood Blues
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Will depend on dean's report as to wether it's rescinded?
But seeing it again it won't be rescinded as was reckless and dangerous despite what NW says! As for the yellow Dean wa suppose to be reaching for? He just put hands behind back taking time and appeared to be taking advice from 4th official or lino. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15703
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby avondaleblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:10 pm

If you watch the You tube clip at about 1 min 20secs you can see Mike Dean going to his left back pocket to show a yellow card. But after Harry and his England chums confront him he goes to his right back pocket to show a red card. Don't tell me he was not influenced by the Spurs players. I think that is why Warnock is appealing it because he was about to show a yellow card, unless of course Dean might say "Oh I forgot which pocket was yellow and red, and Harry and his chums reminded me". I agree with Warnock, Lord Harry of England IS a tw*t.
avondaleblue
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby avondaleblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Will depend on dean's report as to wether it's rescinded?
But seeing it again it won't be rescinded as was reckless and dangerous despite what NW says! As for the yellow Dean wa suppose to be reaching for? He just put hands behind back taking time and appeared to be taking advice from 4th official or lino. :thumbup:

He was only a few yards away himself, if he needs advice from the lino and 4th official, he really should not be on the pitch himself!
avondaleblue
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Mark Halsey doesn't agree with you.

Neither do I.

A clear yellow certainly


The vast majority do agree with me though.

Not a chance will this be overturned, just a complete waste of everyone’s time.



Vast majority of who?


Vast majority of fans, of pundits etc.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:19 pm

avondaleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Will depend on dean's report as to wether it's rescinded?
But seeing it again it won't be rescinded as was reckless and dangerous despite what NW says! As for the yellow Dean wa suppose to be reaching for? He just put hands behind back taking time and appeared to be taking advice from 4th official or lino. :thumbup:

He was only a few yards away himself, if he needs advice from the lino and 4th official, he really should not be on the pitch himself!



That's been my argument with var if ref cannot see from 10yds he shouldn't be a ref? But liooked again at him and yes hand is by left pocket but he was on move so doesn't mean he's reaching for yellow? By same token he is standing passively both hands behind back away from players before reaching for red, so don't think spurs or kane influenced his decision? was he taking advice then from others or was it his own decision?
Maybe he was just getting confirmation it warranted a red :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15703
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Just the fact that it's being debated and ex referees are saying it wasn't a red is enough to appeal it. What do we have to lose?!
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 pm

WHAT MEDIA WALES SAY

The Ralls incident happened right in front of the Press box. My immediate reaction was that it was reckless, dangerous and high and he would be sent off. Which, of course, is what happened.

That was pretty much the view Dean would have had pitchside, too.

Subsequent TV replays show it wasn't quite as high as first thought, but it was still high enough.

One thing it most certainly wasn't was just a simple trip. Ralls felt Spurs might race away and score so took one for the team by taking out the man. It was blatant and cynical and at the very least he gave Dean a decision to make. He played the man, not the ball.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108486
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby krabb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Red card, cynical challenge...... :ayatollah:
krabb
 
Posts: 4206
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Never a red. f*cking soft the lot of you.
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2724
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: CITY APPEAL JOE RALLS RED CARD

Postby PtB » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t understand why.

It was a clear red and we have no chance of having it overturned.


Mark Halsey doesn't agree with you.

Neither do I.

A clear yellow certainly


The vast majority do agree with me though.

Not a chance will this be overturned, just a complete waste of everyone’s time.



Vast majority of who?


Vast majority of fans, of pundits etc.

Most of whom don’t have a grasp of the laws!!
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
User avatar
PtB
 
Posts: 7888
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:51 pm
Location: Scotland

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: montyblue, OriginalGrangeEndBlue, RadnorRoad, SvendTheBluebird, trotskie, Willo Cardiff and 166 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.