Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City/ Neil Warnock / Joe Ralls / Appeal

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Cardiff City to appeal controversial Joe Ralls red card against Tottenham Hotspur

Monday 8th October 2018

Neil Warnock was not happy with Mike Dean's decision at the time

Neil Warnock was not happy with Mike Dean's decision at the time

Cardiff City are to appeal Joe Ralls' controversial red card against Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports.

The midfielder saw red midway through the second half of Cardiff's 1-0 defeat to Spurs , prompting a furious reaction from Neil Warnock after the involvement of many of the hosts' players with referee Mike Dean.

The Sun reports that the Bluebirds will now appeal Ralls' three-match ban and look to get it overturned by the Football Association.

How it unfolded

Warnock said after the game he thought the red card was harsh and vented fury at Harry Kane's involvement.

"I thought it was a very soft one to say the least," said Warnock.

"I didn’t think it was violent conduct, I thought it was cynical."

Kane and other Tottenham players were seen haranguing the referee and Harry Arter claimed Dean changed his decision from a yellow card to a red.

Many pundits also disagreed on whether the tackle was a red card — serious foul play — or just a yellow.

Video Loading
Blakey reacts to Cardiff's loss to Spurs
Cardiff now go into the international break but clearly want Ralls to feature in crucial games against Fulham, Liverpool and Leicester after the hiatus.

As it stands, the midfielder will miss those three contests.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City/ Neil Warnock / Joe Ralls / Appeal

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Video

Video of Joe Ralls tackle/ foul
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=201009
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=201009