Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should we expand the ccs and make it Wales permanent home ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Poll ccs expansion? Permanent Wales home ?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:04 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:The weird thing is people want Wales to play at the CCS because they don't want Wales to play in a half empty stadium.

However making the CCS into a 40k stadium and Cardiff will most likely especially long term be playing in a half empty stadium.

I don't get the logic here just for a few Wales games a year.

Majority of the games at Ninnian Park were played in front of around half capacity for years in the 90’s when I first started going down.... what’s the difference??

the difference is Ninian Park like most grounds got extended and extended again with football becoming more and more popular and our club being semi successful in the hope it would be used/needed regular .
the difference now is that we have almost 100 years worth of history to look at and that capacity was not needed.. the harsh reality is Ninian Park was built to big.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:35 am

snoopystorm wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:The weird thing is people want Wales to play at the CCS because they don't want Wales to play in a half empty stadium.

However making the CCS into a 40k stadium and Cardiff will most likely especially long term be playing in a half empty stadium.

Majority of the games at Ninnian Park were played in front of around half capacity for years in the 90’s when I first started going down.... what’s the difference??

So if your happy for teams to play in a half empty stadium why not just have Wales games at the Millennium? Saves all the hassle and cost.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:35 am

2blue2handle wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

So if your happy for teams to play in a half empty stadium why not just have Wales games at the Millennium? Saves all the hassle and cost.

I think half empty grounds look terrible...didn't seem to look nearly as bad with terracing but now every single seat seems to catch the eye...
im really surprised im in a minority thinking this..

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Didn’t say I was happy with it, just pointing out fact... personally I’d rather sell out CCS and have an atmosphere than sit in the Millenium stadium listening to the chatter instead of the singing and chanting

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am

If we get relegated and attendance goes back to 20k a week we will be watching games in a half full stadium - not for me!

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Didn’t say I was happy with it, just pointing out fact... personally I’d rather sell out CCS and have an atmosphere than sit in the Millenium stadium listening to the chatter instead of the singing and chanting

I get that for Wales games but then your going to have the reverse problem at city games :shock:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm

all this means nothing as recently the players said that they want to stay at the Principality/Millennium Stadium permanently.

an expansion would help both Cardiff and Wales but yet again we as a club have to stay in the Premier League to get our stadium expanded and for Wales well they are spoiled for choice. A 33K Stadium in Cardiff City Stadium or a 50+k at the Millennium/Principality Stadium.

There are 2 things in my head, on the one side I would love it if Wales had a home at the Cardiff Stadium but on the other Wales is a nation and we want a stadium that can bring in more welsh fans from all sides of our country. So if you live up in the valleys or further north of wales then it is more assessable to get to, the Millennium Stadium. Plus there will always be tickets available for everyone in Wales.