Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should we expand the ccs and make it Wales permanent home ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Poll ccs expansion? Permanent Wales home ?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:56 am

I think we should take it up to 40k so Wales wouldn't need to go to the egg stadium

Re: Poll ccs expansion? Permanent Wales home ?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 am

Dont see point as its city's ground and 40k is to big especially if in championship , playing in front of a quarter full stadium not good idea. :old:

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am

No it’s not wales stadium. It’s our stadium and we don’t need 40k seats.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am

The only time I would expand is if/when we become an established premiere league club.
For me CCS is perfect for Wales,sell out some but not all.
There’s more profit in success (euro finals) than the odd big game.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am

F=== Wales they can play where they like, it's our Stadium and the right size for us right now and too big for the Championship.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:28 am

If Wales keep playing like that they wont fill Wrexhams stadium.
They have heavily to Spain and Denmark

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am

I agree that it’s big enough until we become an established Premier League team,hopefully in my lifetime!

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am

Not for me.

First and foremost the stadium of for Cardiff City and we certainly don't need a bigger stadium.

Even at 40k would it have been used for the Wales game? Not sure it would have.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 am

As has already been stated the club don't need the extra capacity yet. We are also not the only football stadium in Wales. It was nice making ccs a fortress for Wales but Wales games should be played across all of the suitable Welsh stadia based on likely capacity needed and giving the rest of Wales a fair share of games.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 am

No
Yes

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Fans including cardiff city don't want wales to play at the egg but would prefer to play at ccs but then don't want a modest expansion you can' t have it both ways wales is not exclusively for cardiff city fans only,i am a season ticket Holder at cardiff but live 3 hours away and would prefer to watch at ccs rather than the egg but those who don' t want exspansion fare enough but if fans from all over wales want to watch wales play but are restricted to 33,000 why should they loose out because some cardiff fans don't want exspansion the only other alternative is the principality stadium.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:F=== Wales they can play where they like, it's our Stadium and the right size for us right now and too big for the Championship.

Where not in the Championship just yet

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 pm

montyblue wrote:Fans including cardiff city don't want wales to play at the egg but would prefer to play at ccs but then don't want a modest expansion you can' t have it both ways wales is not exclusively for cardiff city fans only,i am a season ticket Holder at cardiff but live 3 hours away and would prefer to watch at ccs rather than the egg but those who don' t want exspansion fare enough but if fans from all over wales want to watch wales play but are restricted to 33,000 why should they loose out because some cardiff fans don't want exspansion the only other alternative is the principality stadium.

We only get 33k when we are winning.

We don’t win often.

There’s no need.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:42 pm

I am happy to leave the stadium at 33,000 its ccs and I am very happy with this for us,but will have to accept watching games at the egg if demand is more than 33,000 wales is not exclusive to cardiff city fc there is no other stadium in wales and the faw are not going to build a new international stadium for wales football.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:44 pm

The name says it all. CARDIFF CITY STADIUM. Main use league football.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Bit of a silly OP for me!

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:01 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:F=== Wales they can play where they like, it's our Stadium and the right size for us right now and too big for the Championship.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr king of the negative is back!
Stopped sulky now, you should be fine with the new breed of posters on here like soldier blue and kingy. In fact you’ll be able to argue with your other profiles.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:04 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Stopped sulky now, you should be fine with the new breed of posters on here like soldier blue and kingy. In fact you’ll be able to argue with your other profiles.

I have many names and i can assure you there is no chance of me arguing with myself,
no I will keep my powder dry for posters like you

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Stadium is the right size at the moment so no expansion needed.

If wales feel like paying for the expansion then yea crack on. But give it a year or two and wales crowds be back low anyway.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:49 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Now now. I ain’t a new poster I’m just going through a mid life crisis. On the op no need for expansion yet, to think what it would be like to have a 40k stadium of our own. 20 years ago the question would of been laughed at, but why not one day.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:24 pm

F##k Wales it us ccfs

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Why can't we just treat this as a one off like it was meant to be for everyone involved?

The more stuff like this goes about the more media fuel stories which will give the FAW something to actually consider.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 pm

I understand as a club we don't need the expansion but it would be good to get the ground used for a World Cup.

If the joint bid went ahead with England, Scotland and Ireland, we'd be a shoe in for games at 40k along with the Principality as a group would play their games between to nearby stadiums.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Dont see point as its city's ground and 40k is to big especially if in championship , playing in front of a quarter full stadium not good idea. :old:

We've done it for the best part of half a century, what's new?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:30 am

Bluesman wrote:The name says it all. CARDIFF CITY STADIUM. Main use league football.

Principalalty stadium is a rugby stadium so going on your theory we're does the Wales football team call home
In my humble opinion I think CCS the capital of Wales FOOTBALL STADIUM ;)

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:16 am

pembroke allan wrote:Dont see point as its city's ground and 40k is to big especially if in championship , playing in front of a quarter full stadium not good idea. :old:

Agree! :thumbright:

It's Cardiff City FC's stadium...not the FAW's! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:02 pm

The weird thing is people want Wales to play at the CCS because they don't want Wales to play in a half empty stadium.

However making the CCS into a 40k stadium and Cardiff will most likely especially long term be playing in a half empty stadium.

I don't get the logic here just for a few Wales games a year.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 pm

surely you extend when you need the extra capacity...

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The weird thing is people want Wales to play at the CCS because they don't want Wales to play in a half empty stadium.

However making the CCS into a 40k stadium and Cardiff will most likely especially long term be playing in a half empty stadium.

There’s never any logic on this message board

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The weird thing is people want Wales to play at the CCS because they don't want Wales to play in a half empty stadium.

Majority of the games at Ninnian Park were played in front of around half capacity for years in the 90’s when I first started going down.... what’s the difference??