A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What is the point in the Welsh side

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:49 am

Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:I might be one of the minority and might sound unpatriotic but what’s the point in the Welsh football side, yes we have some young blood coming through but not many of them will make the grade, David Brooks looks very talented and Ethan Umpooloompa whatever his name is looks a prospect but the rest look shite, Bale is injury prone, Declan John is dreadful, Sam Vokes upfront come on the guys slower than Doris Hare, I just don’t see the point in having the side play at Principality stadium, for me the worst stadium ive ever been to, hate the egg so went for the champs league final and thought it was a dreadful atmosphere.

Giggs was alright back in the day overated IMO, and his legacy tarnished by shagging his brothers wife and this chump is managing the national side - BEHAVE

Should gone to some of the Wales game there then ! Romanian game atmosphere most intense in my 40yrs watching football Italy germany fantastic atmosphere only in bad days of Welsh football was it crap but it is whenever stadium half full just like ccs is , and not sure why you and others relate to rugby when it's a football crowd ? Guess by your attitude to Welsh team you would like a combined UK only team? :old:

As I've said elsewhere, Wales is never going to be able to compete at the level of big footballing countries for purely demographic reasons, but it's a regrettable consequence of this that various great and world class players such as Gareth Bale never get to play at the top international level and big numbers of British football fans ( cause it's true for other two small home nations too) never get represented in the World Cup. Therefore ,and I expect it'll be controversial, but I've always thought a UK team would be better.

Demographic reasons haven’t prevented Croatia, Denmark or Sweden competing at international level, all with populations around 5m.

but it probably would prevent them if they were a 1/3 rd smaller and had another sport attracting 70k plus attendances..
so many young boys in this country are really decent at both sports and play both for a while but eventually have to choose....they don't all choose football

Fair point mate.

The other issue being is young players are not being snapped up by clubs either, I know of an 18yo GK with caps for Wales U19’s who is only playing local football, if he’s good enough to be selected for Wales then surely he’s good enough to be picked up by a football club :!: seems the scouts don’t go to local club matches anymore or if they do it’s few and far between
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby T1JMO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 am

Troll alert :sleepy2:
T1JMO

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
paulh_85

Postby BlueDredd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 am

Is there a way i can select an option to completely ignore or hide everything Wolfpac posts?
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby tanky » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:42 pm

has there been a worse game than wales last one. i am sure ninety percent was played twenty metres either side of half way,it was horrific.
tanky

Postby NyeBluebird » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdRyan18 wrote:You mean sam vokes who scored against a world class Spain team. Belgium and 2 against cardiff?

Best goal ever that against Belgium and you cannot be a serious Welsh person if you disagree with that.

Disagree.
NyeBluebird

Postby RV Casual » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:14 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdRyan18 wrote:You mean sam vokes who scored against a world class Spain team. Belgium and 2 against cardiff?

Best goal ever that against Belgium and you cannot be a serious Welsh person if you disagree with that.

Disagree.

Sure he means the Kanu goal not Vokes header?
RV Casual

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:59 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:What a poor post

What, mine ?
Can't see how you can say that. What you mean is that you personally disagree with it, which doesn't make it poor.
In fact the existence of four separate home teams is due to a bit of gerrymandering in the first place so we'd have four votes on early versions of Fifa. It's nonsense though because we are in fact one country and personally I think there are quite enough divisive deceptions inflicted upon the British people already.
If you buy into this divide and rule trick and you're happy to duplicate the number of politicians in each home nation, and pay the costs of that, well that's your affair, but please don't say that my point of view is "poor" without attempting to justify that rather strong statement.

Lost for words mate to be honest.
BlueMoon1974

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:29 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:What a poor post

What, mine ?
Can't see how you can say that. What you mean is that you personally disagree with it, which doesn't make it poor.
In fact the existence of four separate home teams is due to a bit of gerrymandering in the first place so we'd have four votes on early versions of Fifa. It's nonsense though because we are in fact one country and personally I think there are quite enough divisive deceptions inflicted upon the British people already.
If you buy into this divide and rule trick and you're happy to duplicate the number of politicians in each home nation, and pay the costs of that, well that's your affair, but please don't say that my point of view is "poor" without attempting to justify that rather strong statement.

the IFAB was set up purely to standardise the laws of the game in our country 8 years before FIFA even existed.. there was no gerrymandering to have 4 votes in something that did not even exist and was FIFA that decided to adopt OUR rules and the body that had made them.

what any of that has to do with MPs and divide and conquer god knows.
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat