Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I WISH I HAD STAYED IN THE HOUSE

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:54 am

I have never left a match before the final whistler until last night.

Not only did i have to witness a very poor performance from our national team but i felt ashamed of some of the so-called fellow Welshmen sat behind me.

When you have foul-mouthed idiots screaming out at the Spanish players calling them F.....G C...S, seeing the woman sat next me squirm with horror and her husband then taking issue with these louts, I called a steward to deal with what was lining up to be a a bit of bother. The idiots behind me had nothing said to them and the steward moved the couple to other seats. I was then subjected to verbal abuse for the rest of the match from these idiots for calling a steward.

I hated my experience in the EGG bowl for a number of other issues there last night, but people supporting their national team should do so by respecting others around them, these idiots would not have been welcome in France two years ago when the Welsh supporter was hailed as some of the best in Europe

RANT OVER ! :banghead:

Re: I WISH I HAD STAYED IN THE HOUSE

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Whistler wrote:I have never left a match before the final whistler until last night.

Not only did i have to witness a very poor performance from our national team but i felt ashamed of some of the so-called fellow Welshmen sat behind me.

When you have foul-mouthed idiots screaming out at the Spanish players calling them F.....G C...S, seeing the woman sat next me squirm with horror and her husband then taking issue with these louts, I called a steward to deal with what was lining up to be a a bit of bother. The idiots behind me had nothing said to them and the steward moved the couple to other seats. I was then subjected to verbal abuse for the rest of the match from these idiots for calling a steward.

I hated my experience in the EGG bowl for a number of other issues there last night, but people supporting their national team should do so by respecting others around them, these idiots would not have been welcome in France two years ago when the Welsh supporter was hailed as some of the best in Europe

RANT OVER ! :banghead:

Get a grip mate. Please don’t try telling me not one sware word was shouted at the euros.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Raises issues I have debated. At the Burnley game, I was in the Ninian stand. Some guy behind me was having a right go in the first half, pure vitriol spewing from his gob whilst women and children sat around looking uncomfortable. What's people's thought on calling someone a f*cling c*nt in front of kids? Should women and children be confined to the family stand? Should guys like this be confined to the Canton? I wasn't comfortable with it, and was going to have a word, but as an old school fan I kind of accept you get behaviour like this at matches (not so much from me these days!) Has football moved on and should fans have more respect for the families watching, or should this behaviour be accepted at football matches?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 pm

Thank God I did. I've had a gutsful of this Rugby match atmosphere

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:42 pm

JB1 wrote:Raises issues I have debated. At the Burnley game, I was in the Ninian stand. Some guy behind me was having a right go in the first half, pure vitriol spewing from his gob whilst women and children sat around looking uncomfortable. What's people's thought on calling someone a f*cling c*nt in front of kids? Should women and children be confined to the family stand? Should guys like this be confined to the Canton? I wasn't comfortable with it, and was going to have a word, but as an old school fan I kind of accept you get behaviour like this at matches (not so much from me these days!) Has football moved on and should fans have more respect for the families watching, or should this behaviour be accepted at football matches?

It’s gunna happen if your in the Canton or the ninian stand.
Doesn’t happen in the family or grandstands. Family’s can’t just suddenly turn up an expect everybody to be on there best behaviour because we are in the premiership.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:29 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
JB1 wrote:Raises issues I have debated. At the Burnley game, I was in the Ninian stand. Some guy behind me was having a right go in the first half, pure vitriol spewing from his gob whilst women and children sat around looking uncomfortable. What's people's thought on calling someone a f*cling c*nt in front of kids? Should women and children be confined to the family stand? Should guys like this be confined to the Canton? I wasn't comfortable with it, and was going to have a word, but as an old school fan I kind of accept you get behaviour like this at matches (not so much from me these days!) Has football moved on and should fans have more respect for the families watching, or should this behaviour be accepted at football matches?

Doesn’t happen in the family or grandstands. Family’s can’t just suddenly turn up an expect everybody to be on there best behaviour because we are in the premiership.

It not about whether it would happen in any particular stand its about respect for other people. I sit in the Ninian stand and there is good support shown to the team all around that area without having to scream out obscenities. Respect is the key word, I would go as far as saying that these idiots showed no respect at all, there were a number of Spanish supporters around the area, I wonder how they felt about it, Wales were hosting Spain, :old: NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE FROM A HOST!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am

Whistler wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

It not about whether it would happen in any particular stand its about respect for other people. I sit in the Ninian stand and there is good support shown to the team all around that area without having to scream out obscenities. Respect is the key word, I would go as far as saying that these idiots showed no respect at all, there were a number of Spanish supporters around the area, I wonder how they felt about it, Wales were hosting Spain, :old: NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE FROM A HOST!

If you don’t expect swearing at a football match then your a bit of a snowflake.

Jesus Christ no standing no swearing people will be suggesting we don’t wear club colours next so we don’t offend the away fans.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 am

I am no "snowflake" and I can swear as good as the next person, its about the severity of the offensive language and respect to those around you, I ask if you were called an F....G C..T how would you feel. :old:

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:15 am

Personally I don't understand why some adults use such bad language with an aggressive attitude without any conscience of young kids near them.

I've been to quite a few games where I have stood amongst the old school who were giving it big time. As soon as it was pointed out to them that young kids were about with their parents they have always toned it down.

It is just pure ignorance. I would hate to imagine what it is like in their households.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 am

Whistler wrote:I am no "snowflake" and I can swear as good as the next person, its about the severity of the offensive language and respect to those around you, I ask if you were called an F....G C..T how would you feel. :old:

He'd probably say he's heard it a thousand times before! ;) :laughing6:

The 'snowflake' remark shows his true ignorance! :oops:

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:02 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Personally I don't understand why some adults use such bad language with an aggressive attitude without any conscience of young kids near them.

I've been to quite a few games where I have stood amongst the old school who were giving it big time. As soon as it was pointed out to them that young kids were about with their parents they have always toned it down.

It is just pure ignorance. I would hate to imagine what it is like in their households.

key words here are old school....not so long ago like minded people would stand together away from families...mores the case the families would stand away from them...but if you've been going any length of time as it seems you have you've watched football moving on...its taking some longer than others to remember its not 1978 anymore..

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:32 am

dogfound wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Personally I don't understand why some adults use such bad language with an aggressive attitude without any conscience of young kids near them.

key words here are old school....not so long ago like minded people would stand together away from families...mores the case the families would stand away from them...but if you've been going any length of time as it seems you have you've watched football moving on...its taking some longer than others to remember its not 1978 anymore..

In 2018 we find ourselves as Cardiff City fans gaining a positive reputation for fantastic support for the club that support is also reflected with positive behaviour in the widest sense, that's a million miles from the bad old days. As a fan I would always respect my opposing fan, and respect the opposition, its what I expect to be reciprocated. :bluescarf: