Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Support for Warnock “

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 am

“ SUPPORT FOR WARNOCK “

There are a lot of threads on here that are anti-Warnock from a small number of posters so I’m posting a pro-Warnock thread. In my opinion even if we finish with the lowest number of points in Premiership history Neil Warnock should stay all season and next season. We are light years away from where we were when Trollope left in every aspect of the club on and off the pitch.

We have a much better team than we’ve had for years, admittedly struggling at the moment but also acclimatising to the Premier and improving week on week.

There are a group of negative posters on here that never have anything positive to say about the club, they go quiet when we do well but come pouring out of their holes as soon as something goes wrong. They are mostly not so called plastics either they’ve been on here for years. We are taking up all of our away tickets and filling CCS at home despite our results, we have sold an amazing number of season tickets, and we are becoming financially stable. Neil has generated all of that out of a situation where we were going down and potentially going under. I love supporting CCFC again and long may it continue

I hope we can pick up a dozen or so points by Christmas to give us a chance, and tgtat we can buy two ir three players in January to fill some of the obvious holes we have in our team.

Changing managers now would destroy all that has been built, we have a strong foundation that can be improved, but a new man would tear it down and start again with no guarantee of success. We need to keep building on what we have without breaking the bank. NW’s passion is what we need, he is hurting as well but he is busting a gut to change things. We ARE in the trenches and I’m glad he and his team are with us.

We should stick together, we are Cardiff, we have the best support in the league and the boys need us. We just need a little run of luck and some key players to find confidence and some form and we’ll be away. Come on City win or lose let’s give it our best shot. If you support Neil make yourself heard on here so he doesn’t just see negativity from the same small group of detractors day after day. If you want to keep him, and thousands do, raise your voice before it is too late. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Support for Warnock

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:12 pm

I agree he has been incredible, my favourite manager since supporting City.

However if results do not improve in the coming weeks it's of my opinion he should be replaced. No point looking backwards of what happened in the past, the club comes first and the situation has to be reviewed as we are now as a premiership club. Warnock and the players need to step it up and they still have time to do so.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree he has been incredible, my favourite manager since supporting City.

However if results do not improve in the coming weeks it's of my opinion he should be replaced. No point looking backwards of what happened in the past, the club comes first and the situation has to be reviewed as we are now as a premiership club. Warnock and the players need to step it up and they still have time to do so.

I agree with your posting,the only thing I would add that if results don't improve it won't take to long before Warnock walks or is sacked

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:06 pm

JayCee wrote:There are a lot of threads on here that are anti-Warnock from a small number of posters so I’m posting a pro-Warnock thread. In my opinion even if we finish with the lowest number of points in Premiership history Neil Warnock should stay all season and next season. We are light years away from where we were when Trollope left in every aspect of the club on and off the pitch.

We have a much better team than we’ve had for years, admittedly struggling at the moment but also acclimatising to the Premier and improving week on week.

There are a group of negative posters on here that never have anything positive to say about the club, they go quiet when we do well but come pouring out of their holes as soon as something goes wrong. They are mostly not so called plastics either they’ve been on here for years. We are taking up all of our away tickets and filling CCS at home despite our results, we have sold an amazing number of season tickets, and we are becoming financially stable. Neil has generated all of that out of a situation where we were going down and potentially going under. I love supporting CCFC again and long may it continue

I hope we can pick up a dozen or so points by Christmas to give us a chance, and tgtat we can buy two ir three players in January to fill some of the obvious holes we have in our team.

Changing managers now would destroy all that has been built, we have a strong foundation that can be improved, but a new man would tear it down and start again with no guarantee of success. We need to keep building on what we have without breaking the bank. NW’s passion is what we need, he is hurting as well but he is busting a gut to change things. We ARE in the trenches and I’m glad he and his team are with us.

We should stick together, we are Cardiff, we have the best support in the league and the boys need us. We just need a little run of luck and some key players to find confidence and some form and we’ll be away. Come on City win or lose let’s give it our best shot. If you support Neil make yourself heard on here so he doesn’t just see negativity from the same small group of detractors day after day. If you want to keep him, and thousands do, raise your voice before it is too late. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Completely agree, it is always the usual suspects same ones all the time, they are professional moaners, and never have anything positive to say about anything connected to City, I pity the ones that are genuine City fans, they must lead a very sad life, the other ones who are either jacks or support another team, and come on here to windup, can piss off. Warnock will turn this around, but if he does not then I look forward to him managing us in the championship.
People have very short memories, and forget where we were, when he took over. To all them I say
[color=#FF0000] "Be careful what you wish for as it might come true, and you never know what you have until it's gone"
[/color]

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:51 pm

The plastics want a big name like Giggs, lol,lol.

Re: “ Support for Warnock “

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Couldn’t agree more. I can imagine Neil walking away but I really hope he doesn’t. The money he was given was well spent - I like all the summer acquisitions. But..we are probably not good enough to stay up, and as long as we give it everything that’s fine! We shouldn’t take being in this league lightly though: it’s damn hard to get here - let’s check everything we can afford into staying up. I think an investment of another 30-40 million would be worth the risk of another 200 million is f we did stay up. If it look impossible by Christmas let’s not chuck money away!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Bolandbluebird wrote:Couldn’t agree more. I can imagine Neil walking away but I really hope he doesn’t. The money he was given was well spent - I like all the summer acquisitions. But..we are probably not good enough to stay up, and as long as we give it everything that’s fine! We shouldn’t take being in this league lightly though: it’s damn hard to get here - let’s check everything we can afford into staying up. I think an investment of another 30-40 million would be worth the risk of another 200 million is f we did stay up. If it look impossible by Christmas let’s not chuck money away!

Part agree and part disagree. I do like most the players signed although haven't seen Smithies. I'm not so sure we had a good summer transfer window though. I don't think think key positions were covered and although I like Reid I do wonder if other positions could have been looked at first.

It will certainly be interesting to see where we are January to see what money if any should be spent.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 pm

I am in :thumbup:

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:The plastics want a big name like Giggs, lol,lol.

yes they keep banging on about it all the time...mostly that moon fella

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Who are we going to get who can do any better given the budget that the club has. Tan won't spend a fortune on a big name manager, and it does not make any difference considering the money needed to bring in top quality players. I think it is a small minority who are suggesting Warnock goes, most a realistic enough to know he is as good as we can get under our current circumstances.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Warnock you have my full support, regardless of the results. I couldn't ask to have a better man in charge of our club. Thank you for all you have achieved. It's been an incredible journey and I still believe you can turn this poor start around

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Warnock for me whatever happens. He's done wonders for our Club. People have short memories. Possibly our best ever manager. Anyway...long way to go yet. People panicking after 8 games. We deserve to have at least 5 more points. Could have picked 8 more points. We don't look a million miles away. Only against Man City and Chelsea. Bluebirds!!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm

People should wake up and realise we should never have been promoted in the first place we over achieved big time and that’s showing in the gulf in class this season

Remember West Brom went up and down before staying in the league for 12 years until finally relageted last term and I reckon had they kept pulis they’d still be in the premiership this season

We are in a similar position not strong enough to stay up but have the foundations to bounce back again framed that’s not easy and I don’t think it’s a given for one minute but this squad has serious depth for championship football and I’ve no doubts we would be therebouts again should we go down this year, it is a stronger squad than the one hat went up for sure

I believe we will start picking up points soon and I hope that starts at home to Fulham next saturday

Keep the faith

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Echo most of these comments. The guy has worked wonders. He'll always have my support!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Neil Warnock got a City team promoted against all odds. My favourite manager since Frank Burrows.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 pm

If we are going down which manager would you want to bring us back up. WARNOCK you knobs.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Reality has weakened you. Whatever happened to the cynical, horrible glory hunting South Wales public. Cardiff city has a long history of fickledom. Sir Neil flutters his eyes at you and you go all weak at the knees.
“Don’t go Neil give it another go next year”.

Pfft if he doesn’t halt our current form he will be gone by December.
Come on make some banners up “in Neil we trust”.

Trust for what?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Who are we going to get who can do any better given the budget that the club has. Tan won't spend a fortune on a big name manager, and it does not make any difference considering the money needed to bring in top quality players. I think it is a small minority who are suggesting Warnock goes, most a realistic enough to know he is as good as we can get under our current circumstances.

I agree. All though my biggest concern so far is the lack of tactical cleverness. I think we are far to predictable and offering little on the pitch. People keep saying we have been competitive, but watching our games several times, we really haven’t. We had some good spells, but that’s it. It’s a concern Warnock keep going four in the middle. But I agree with you all day! We won’t be able to bring in anyone else of better quality. But knowing Tan, Warnock will be gone within the next month.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Bluesman wrote:If we are going down which manager would you want to bring us back up. WARNOCK you knobs.

Not really. I would like a modern long time management. Someone in there for the long haul, building on Cardiff City potentials. Which is huge.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:20 pm

No other manager will do any better with the players we have and no other manager is better at getting us up again should it be required.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Warnock for me :bluescarf: :clap: :thumbup:

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:No other manager will do any better with the players we have and no other manager is better at getting us up again should it be required.

Absolutely right! He's been pissed upon and had a raw deal but he deserves our support.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Well said OP. Well said.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:49 am

No doubt in my mind I wìll always stick by Neil Warnock.he has done miracles for us an honest man and we should trust in him.lets be always together bluebirds.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Whene people on here say Warnock has to stay no matter what are simply forgetting one thing,Warnock is a proud Yorkshire man and if the present situation doesent improve he will simply say,I'm not enjoying this anymore,watching my team struggling match after match I don't need this kind of pressure at my time of life and come to the conclusion I have taken the Bluebirds as far as I can and resign

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 pm

A truly great Championship manager whose style of football is totally unsuited to the Premier league.. A better manager would get the best out of our key players. How long before everyone realises that our limitations come from this and his failure to sign a top striker over the summer.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Let’s give him a few more games. We have all made our views clear, he deserves our support to be fair. If we don’t improve soon he won’t just hang around.
I’m bored of being all doom and gloom. It won’t get us anywhere.
We should move on now and get behind the team.
Ramp up the noise,make it hostile for our opponents not ourselves.
What will be will be.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Let's get behind the man and chant his name to give him a lift as we owe him one for the miracles he has produced we would be playing championship football at best if it was not him that took over come on guys if most of us show the same passion as he does for 90 minutes and most of us are a lot younger than him we win together and lose together city is one

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 am

It's not just the work he's done on the pitch it's the work off it
we could not have hoped for a better manager.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Good thread this.I've always said its the fans that will make him stay or leave.As long as he has our support he will stay though there are many who will call for his head if we are bottom by xmas the same ones that were brown nosing him last year.