Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The forgotten Cardiff City striker “

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:27 pm

The forgotten Cardiff City striker thriving in League Two who could still make an impact in the Premier League

His loan expires in January and could yet play a Premier League role

Saturday 13 OCT 2018

Rhys Healey in Milton Keynes Dons colours during the Carabao Cup match against AFC Bournemouth (Image: 2018 Getty Images)

Cardiff City have some very real dilemmas surrounding their strikers at the moment, but one young Bluebirds forward is thriving out on loan.

Rhys Healey agreed a temporary deal with Milton Keynes Dons towards the end of August, although many Cardiff aficionados believed he deserved a chance in Neil Warnock's first team squad.

Instead Healey has been busy trying to justify the regard in which he's held by some Cardiff fans. Under experienced boss Paul Tisdale he's scored three goals in four starts for loan club MK Dons.

And with his Stadium MK deal expiring in January — coupled with Cardiff's problems up front — the 23-year-old may come back into the reckoning for his parent club, though he's admitted he will need to hit bigger numbers in terms of goals for the League Two side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ The forgotten Cardiff City striker “

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Always though the lad had potential, good at getting into the right place in the box. Hope he's given a chance by Neil.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The forgotten Cardiff City striker thriving in League Two who could still make an impact in the Premier League

Saturday 13 OCT 2018

Rhys Healey in Milton Keynes Dons colours during the Carabao Cup match against AFC Bournemouth (Image: 2018 Getty Images)

Cardiff City have some very real dilemmas surrounding their strikers at the moment, but one young Bluebirds forward is thriving out on loan.

Rhys Healey agreed a temporary deal with Milton Keynes Dons towards the end of August, although many Cardiff aficionados believed he deserved a chance in Neil Warnock's first team squad.

Instead Healey has been busy trying to justify the regard in which he's held by some Cardiff fans. Under experienced boss Paul Tisdale he's scored three goals in four starts for loan club MK Dons.

And with his Stadium MK deal expiring in January — coupled with Cardiff's problems up front — the 23-year-old may come back into the reckoning for his parent club, though he's admitted he will need to hit bigger numbers in terms of goals for the League Two side.

this is already a sticky mate...different heading...SVEN put it up earlier

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:39 pm

One of my criticisms of Warnock is that we brought in potential strikers but had one there

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm

we have nothing to lose give the kid a go

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Give them Zohore he is shit.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:08 pm

RageJon wrote:One of my criticisms of Warnock is that we brought in potential strikers but had one there

These days there’s more to being a striker than the ‘potential’ to score.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:00 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
RageJon wrote:One of my criticisms of Warnock is that we brought in potential strikers but had one there

I like the thought of having potential to score!

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:46 am

Like Hoilett, Zohore has lost his confidence. It's a real test of how good players are playing in the Premier league, and so far both have failed to step up. But....they are both very talented, as we've seen in the past. I contend our style under Warnock doesn't help them. Hoilett needs to be encouraged to move into spaces rather than stay wide all the time. With Big Ken we must play to his strengths, in other words don't lump it in the air. Another manager is the solution.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

At the moment I would take an Earnshaw type player who would deliver goals but not much else. Points make prizes and to get points we need goals.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 am

bluemun wrote:Like Hoilett, Zohore has lost his confidence. It's a real test of how good players are playing in the Premier league, and so far both have failed to step up. But....they are both very talented, as we've seen in the past. I contend our style under Warnock doesn't help them. Hoilett needs to be encouraged to move into spaces rather than stay wide all the time. With Big Ken we must play to his strengths, in other words don't lump it in the air. Another manager is the solution.

You were doing so well until the last sentence. :(

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:18 am

So let me get this right.

People think Rhys Healey who has only scored two league two goals in six league appearances should be being used by us in the premier league.

He’s not good enough for the championship never mind the premier League.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:So let me get this right.

People think Rhys Healey who has only scored two league two goals in six league appearances should be being used by us in the premier league.

People getting desperate and clutching at straws I think.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Agree

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

That may be so, but is Madin e good enough - we know the answer to that. Yet Madin e is in the 25. At least Health and Bogle looked fit and
sharp. I don't blame people querying whether either one or both would have been a better bet in the 25 :shock:

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Lengee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

That may be so, but is Madin e good enough - we know the answer to that. Yet Madin e is in the 25. At least Health and Bogle looked fit and
sharp. I don't blame people querying whether either one or both would have been a better bet in the 25 :shock:

Bogle is by far better then both. Unfortunately he pissed Warnock off so he’s a goner we won’t see him playing for us again.

Madine isn’t good enough for the premier league but he is a far better player then Healy is.