Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team After Transfer Window

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Hopefully we have a good couple of months coming up and we are still in with a fighting chance of staying up come january. If so january transfer business could be massive in us staying up and hopefully vincent will invest more to so so. What would be your ideal team with new recruits added. Be realistic but base it on decent investment also. Heres mine....

Etheridge
Ayling Manga Morrison Bennett

Arter

Camarassa Dack

Phillips Niasse Murphy

Ok phillips and niasse could cost 10-15 million but niasse could be a loan option also an alternative could be dominic solanke on loan. Bradley dack could cost up to 10 million but he seems a very good player and could be worth the money but again an option for midfield instead could be ethan ampadu on loan. Luke ayling could come for 7 million but we do need a right back to push bruno inside imo. There is quality out there no matter what, we just need sign the players this time who strengthens the first 11 and not signings who come in and strengthen our bench.

Re: Team After Transfer Window

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm

RB - LUKE AYLING/ DANNY SIMPSON/ MAXIME COLIN
CM - AMPADU/ LUKE FREEMAN/ NICK POWELL
W - OLLIE WATKINS/ MATT PHILLIPS
ST - NEAL MAUPAY/ DIVOCK ORIGI/ OUMAR NIASSE/ DOMINIC SOLANKE

Any of these. If Brentford fall away hope we can raid them for Ollie Watkins, imagine him and Murphy on the wing with lethal Maupay up front who reminds me a bit of Chopra. + they're all young and we can eventually make a profit on them in the future.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:RB - LUKE AYLING/ DANNY SIMPSON/ MAXIME COLIN
CM - AMPADU/ LUKE FREEMAN/ NICK POWELL
W - OLLIE WATKINS/ MATT PHILLIPS
ST - NEAL MAUPAY/ DIVOCK ORIGI/ OUMAR NIASSE/ DOMINIC SOLANKE

Any of these. If Brentford fall away hope we can raid them for Ollie Watkins, imagine him and Murphy on the wing with lethal Maupay up front who reminds me a bit of Chopra. + they're all young and we can eventually make a profit on them in the future.

Yes them 3 could be good. Young/Hungry/Quality/ = dangerous

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Can’t see Tan giving Warnock £20-25mil in January tbh

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 am

Unless we are a point or two from safety I can't see Warnock getting this find of money.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 am

Can't see Blackburn selling Dack in January.
They're just outside the playoffs and is an integral part of their team. Turned down £7m in August so would be more than that in January.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am

snoopystorm wrote:Can’t see Tan giving Warnock £20-25mil in January tbh

He would need to give neil 30 million in january if he wants to keep us up otherwise we will more than likely go down imo

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:Can't see Blackburn selling Dack in January.
They're just outside the playoffs and is an integral part of their team. Turned down £7m in August so would be more than that in January.

Yeh 10 million for him it would need to be imo, ampadu on loan would be a cheaper option but bradley dack is the type of ambitious signing we would need to keep us up. Like it or not you need to show ambition to stay up now imo

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm

We need a striker who is affordable and can make the step up, plus if relegated good enough to fire us straight back up.

Fernando Forestieri would be my choice as a permanent signing plus
If we go after a loan then Ruben loftus-cheek could be a option if we splash out on the wages.

Also a new right back to enable Manga to move central is a must along with another defensive midfielder.

The team would be

Etheridge

New right back
Morrison
Manga
Bennett

Ampadu ?
Arter

Camarasa
Murphy
Forestieri

Loftus-Cheek

That would probably represent around a 10/15 mill investment

Plus wages

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Advantage of loans is they are not tied up by us if relegated! And other plus is the cost would be lot less than permanent deal meaning could afford higher quality, and a lot of times wages split by clubs leaving more money for investment following season.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:45 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Yeh 10 million for him it would need to be imo, ampadu on loan would be a cheaper option but bradley dack is the type of ambitious signing we would need to keep us up. Like it or not you need to show ambition to stay up now imo

You do, but Blackburn also need to show their ambition about reaching the Premier League by keeping him.
As Pembroke says, loans are probably a more realistic option.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

You do, but Blackburn also need to show their ambition about reaching the Premier League by keeping him.

How many more loans can we make now though? Arter and camarassa are already here on loan?

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:20 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

How many more loans can we make now though? Arter and camarassa are already here on loan?

I just looked now and premier league clubs can loan a maximum of 4 players in one season. So another 2 loans would be nice with another 2 permanant signings.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Our team after the January window? This is what I expect and this is realistic:

Etheridge

Manga
Morrison
Bamba
Bennett

Ralls
Arter
Camarasa

Hoilett
Murphy
Ward

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Our team after the January window? This is what I expect and this is realistic:

Etheridge

Manga
Morrison
Bamba
Bennett

Ralls
Arter
Camarasa

Hoilett
Murphy
Ward

You genuinely expect that? Come on talk about glass half empty lol

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 pm

I'm not sure on spending a lot of money on Championship players with no guarantee they will be able to step up to make the difference. Maupay, Watkins and Dack would probably cost us around 30 million in transfer fees and I think we could get much better value elsewhere. I would rather us target players who are proven in the Premiership or top European leagues.

Tottenham want to offload Vincent Janssen for example, but before Tottenham signed him for 16.7 million, he scored 27 goals in 34 games for AZ Alkmaar. Fenerbache signed him on loan last season, but he got injured so didn't make much of an impact. He's still only 24 and will now have something to prove. No doubt, other European clubs will want him, but Janssen would be the type of striker I would like us to target, especially if we could get him for a cut price with Tottenham desperate to offload him. He's only on around 30k a week wages too, so I think we could afford him if we offload the wages of Pilkington, Tomlin and Madine.

I hope we target Ethan Ampadu as well. Warnock said he would be talking to a few people when we played Chelsea, so I'm hoping Warnock enquired about Ampadu. He's not getting games for Chelsea and he's Welsh, so why not?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Only allowed 4 loan signings I believe in any one season and ma max of 2 at anyone time.

Said it before we need to sit Camerases down and ask him who in Spain could we bag far superior players than in the England.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Only allowed 4 loan signings I believe in any one season and ma max of 2 at anyone time.

Said it before we need to sit Camerases down and ask him who in Spain could we bag far superior players than in the England.

Neil needs to sit camarassa down and tell him hes playing in his normal postition in the centre and not out wide