WOULD THIS EVERTONIAN FIT THE BILL AT THE CCS?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 am

With pace and power, this Everton outcast would be a fantastic signing for Cardiff City

By Rohan Sengupta

Sunday 14th October 2018

Why Cardiff City must go all out to sign Oumar Niasse in January

Oumar Niasse has been given the green light to leave Everton in the January transfer window, according to Turkish Football.

The Senegalese forward moved to Everton from Lokomotiv Moscow but is currently out of favour under Marco Silva, who had the 28-year-old at Hull City on loan in the second half of the 2016/17 campaign. Oumar Niasse had a solid loan spell at Hull when Silva was in charge of the Tigers, however, both failed in their pursuit of keeping the team in the Premier League.

Niasse has played just 48 minutes of Premier League football since Marco Silva’s arrival at Everton as the striker appears to have very little future at Goodison Park. Silva played Richarlison as a striker against Leicester, and he also has Cenk Tosun in the attacking department.

The likes of Richarlison, Tosun, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Theo Walcott are all ahead of Niasse in the pecking order.

Cardiff City have endured the worst possible return to the Premier League after finishing as runners-up in the Championship last season. Although the defence remains Cardiff’s Achilles heel this season, the forward department has also flopped, as Neil Warnock hunts for his first Premier League win.

Goals have been very tough to come by for the Bluebirds. Warnock hardly has a couple of proven Premier League players in his squad and despite bringing in reinforcements in the summer, he must prioritise signing a centre-forward in January.

Niasse would fit the bill perfectly at Cardiff. The Senegal international may not be the most prolific goalscorer in the Premier League but he can certainly help Cardiff with the goals.
Attachments
Omar Niasse.jpg
Omar Niasse.jpg (107.37 KiB) Viewed 2826 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WOULD THIS EVERTONIAN FIT THE BILL AT THE CCS?

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Yes be a good signing for me. Him, maupay or solanke.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Yes be a good signing for me. Him, maupay or solanke.

I'm sure we were linked with him in the summer, so it shouldn't be a surprise if the club made an approach and offered him the chance to prove he is still a Premier League player...which can only be good for him and (hopefully) good for Cardiff City FC :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Sven wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Yes be a good signing for me. Him, maupay or solanke.

I'm sure we were linked with him in the summer, so it shouldn't be a surprise if the club made an approach and offered him the chance to prove he is still a Premier League player...which can only be good for him and (hopefully) good for Cardiff City FC :thumbright:

We were linked with him in the summer. I believe that Warnock mentioned him in a radio interview (TalkSport?) but at the same time inferred that we couldn’t afford him. Although I can see City go for a striker in January I can’t see us spending the money on the players wages unless Everton contributed a huge chunk. Think everyone acknowledges that we needed someone like him in the summer. May be be too late in January if we don’t start scoring goals & cutting down the costly errors at the back.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:42 pm

he'd be on a fair wedge. for that reason alone i'd bet against it, as when he went to hull he was unwanted, so they probably subsidised his wages. i doubt they'd do that considering he's been a bit more productive since.

he's also the sort of player that finishes off chances, rather than create them. we create painfully few chances. no doubt we need a good striker, but we also need midfielders and a right back.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat