Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Together Stronger?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm

The current squad has had more withdrawals that I can remember for a long time. 4 players have pulled out. Mepham, Ampadu, Bale and now Ramsey (I hope his new born twins are okay). I’m not suggesting that’s got anything to do with Giggs on this occasion, but I think it’s certainly something to keep an eye on in the future.

I was quite surprised to see Bale sent back to Madrid. I would have thought he would have been asked to stay with the young squad as a mentor. He’s done that before – although that was under Coleman, not Giggs. "Together Stronger" – then why send players home? Surely they would benefit from spending time in the camp with the rest of the team? I'm concerned our "Together Stronger" bond is going. Is Giggs struggling to get the respect of the players?

I will be honest to say I was 100% against Giggs getting the job and although I will never like Giggs, I will try to be fair and reasonable enough to judge him solely on his performance as Wales manager. I'm expecting us to lose to Ireland with our weak squad and although I won't blame Giggs on this occasion if we lose, I'm already getting very concerned.

I think Giggs and the FAW need to be very careful not to dismantle everything Speed and Coleman have built.

Re: Together Stronger?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Think of the worst Wales manager in 30 years,,,, & ask yourself if the current situation could be exceed that?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:The current squad has had more withdrawals that I can remember for a long time. 4 players have pulled out. Mepham, Ampadu, Bale and now Ramsey (I hope his new born twins are okay). I’m not suggesting that’s got anything to do with Giggs on this occasion, but I think it’s certainly something to keep an eye on in the future.

I was quite surprised to see Bale sent back to Madrid. I would have thought he would have been asked to stay with the young squad as a mentor. He’s done that before – although that was under Coleman, not Giggs. "Together Stronger" – then why send players home? Surely they would benefit from spending time in the camp with the rest of the team? I'm concerned our "Together Stronger" bond is going. Is Giggs struggling to get the respect of the players?

I will be honest to say I was 100% against Giggs getting the job and although I will never like Giggs, I will try to be fair and reasonable enough to judge him solely on his performance as Wales manager. I'm expecting us to lose to Ireland with our weak squad and although I won't blame Giggs on this occasion if we lose, I'm already getting very concerned.

I think Giggs and the FAW need to be very careful not to dismantle everything Speed and Coleman have built.

they all turned up for the international break.. job done...if some got injured in that idiotic friendly that some people thought was the world cup final..well thats life..
and your not blaming giggs or suggesting anything, but actually are..
giggs dont turm up = giggs fault...players pull out injured = giggs fault..very fair..

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm

I went to the game on Thursday night, and Spain looked like world beaters. However, just checked, and England are winning 3-0 at half time. Fair enough, England will always be better than us, but this puts things into perspective. Without Bale and Ramsey we are nothing special. Bale was there on Thursday, on the pitch at half time getting a trophy, (looked like a golden boot), for breaking Ian Rush's record goal scoring record. Well done, and all that. Agree with the OP that it would be better if Bale stayed with the squad. How injured is he? Bet he plays for Real Madrid at the weekend. Is this how Giggs thinks? Big club comes first? He seems to have been bending over backwards to please Real Madrid this past week. As an international manager, he should be putting Wales first. Having said all that, all the best for the lads tomorrow night in Dublin. Hope we can get something.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Agree 100% with the OP.

He’s also pointed out that he doesn’t blame Giggs on this occasion, but some people have seemed to ignore that comment.

I was also strongly against Giggs getting the job and want to support him, I want him to prove me wrong. But the early signs are very discouraging.

He could shut people like me up tomorrow night, and I hope he does.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:I went to the game on Thursday night, and Spain looked like world beaters. However, just checked, and England are winning 3-0 at half time. Fair enough, England will always be better than us, but this puts things into perspective. Without Bale and Ramsey we are nothing special. Bale was there on Thursday, on the pitch at half time getting a trophy, (looked like a golden boot), for breaking Ian Rush's record goal scoring record. Well done, and all that. Agree with the OP that it would be better if Bale stayed with the squad. How injured is he? Bet he plays for Real Madrid at the weekend. Is this how Giggs thinks? Big club comes first? He seems to have been bending over backwards to please Real Madrid this past week. As an international manager, he should be putting Wales first. Having said all that, all the best for the lads tomorrow night in Dublin. Hope we can get something.

sorry but no..its not unusual for players not taking part to go home, its not club football where they go home every night so if injured turning up for a game means 6 to 12 hours...if your not playing and have spent almost a week away its rediculous anyone expects this..

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Will some people ever learn that the club is the piper and calls the tune,was the same in Giggs's time,is so now and will be 50yrs from now.When Giggs was a player I could see the clubs point of view.When a prem manager gets sacked its no good him crying players getting injured on international duty was to blame because no one is interested.There were loads on here grizzling when Gunners got crocked on international duty and a few more will be moaning if Arter comes back crocked after tommorow. I think if this tournament takes off it'll almost render international friendlies a useless exercise.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:I went to the game on Thursday night, and Spain looked like world beaters. However, just checked, and England are winning 3-0 at half time. Fair enough, England will always be better than us, but this puts things into perspective. Without Bale and Ramsey we are nothing special. Bale was there on Thursday, on the pitch at half time getting a trophy, (looked like a golden boot), for breaking Ian Rush's record goal scoring record. Well done, and all that. Agree with the OP that it would be better if Bale stayed with the squad. How injured is he? Bet he plays for Real Madrid at the weekend. Is this how Giggs thinks? Big club comes first? He seems to have been bending over backwards to please Real Madrid this past week. As an international manager, he should be putting Wales first. Having said all that, all the best for the lads tomorrow night in Dublin. Hope we can get something.

sorry but no..its not unusual for players not taking part to go home, its not club football where they go home every night so if injured turning up for a game means 6 to 12 hours...if your not playing and have spent almost a week away its rediculous anyone expects this..

You're right, mate, but it's very frustrating!

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:11 pm

They turned up and had to withdraw because of injuries, stupid post.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 pm

people don’t half talk some shit on here.

After the Ireland game Giggs was the second coming and we had all the great new players and nobody was going to stop us.

A few weeks and two losses against much better teams and it’s all Giggs fault and now the players can’t be assed playing for him.

:lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree 100% with the OP.

He’s also pointed out that he doesn’t blame Giggs on this occasion, but some people have seemed to ignore that comment.

I was also strongly against Giggs getting the job and want to support him, I want him to prove me wrong. But the early signs are very discouraging.

I don't blame tonteg.
so you agree that a player who has actually made the effort to turn up and be away from his family while injured would benefit from Giggs demanding he hang around 2/.3 days more and chuck in a few flights toboot…?

you know what..if you have a boss who is that much of a tw*t your spending the 2 days furious kicking cats and maybe thinking f**k this next time...

btw 2 of the injured players picked injuries up in that super important tonteg world cup final where Giggs was useless and should have picked a much stronger team to possibly get even more out injured for the competitive game...

can i point out, i dont blame tonteg just in case anyone missed it

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 am

dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree 100% with the OP.

I don't blame tonteg.
so you agree that a player who has actually made the effort to turn up and be away from his family while injured would benefit from Giggs demanding he hang around 2/.3 days more and chuck in a few flights toboot…?

you know what..if you have a boss who is that much of a tw*t your spending the 2 days furious kicking cats and maybe thinking f**k this next time...

btw 2 of the injured players picked injuries up in that super important tonteg world cup final where Giggs was useless and should have picked a much stronger team to possibly get even more out injured for the competitive game...

can i point out, i dont blame tonteg just in case anyone missed it

:lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am

how is this...lets be anti Giggs for the hell of it bile get to be a sticky..?

TOGETHER STRONGER was never about demanding injured players travel around Europe just to please a few idiots..

it was aimed at FANS.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 am

Personally I’m glad they’ve gone back to their respective clubs already, means they’ll get treatment quicker and get back sooner, yes it’s gutting for the national team but it is part and parcel of playing football day in day out

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 pm

dogfound wrote:how is this...lets be anti Giggs for the hell of it bile get to be a sticky..?

TOGETHER STRONGER was never about demanding injured players travel around Europe just to please a few idiots..

it was aimed at FANS.

Exactly- just a pity that some of our own regular fans didnt embrace the concept in the Millennium last week.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Shame we didn't get Giggs in last tournament we might have qualified, another win against ROI. Coleman got lucky and still making a living off it.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Agree with 2blue Coleman picked up the best wales squad we will ever see scraped to euro qualification after getting 12 points in 5 games I believe and totally basked the World Cup qualifiers by playing predictable every game

I am no Giggs fan but at least he wants to try and play football we will always be an inferior nation but as long as they put effort in like they did tonight again we can’t grumble

Ireland tonight reminded me of Coleman 11 men behind the ball all game play for a bale Wonder goal or a draw

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Where are all the Giggs haters tonight?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:39 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Where are all the Giggs haters tonight?

they don't do competitive games just the friendlies.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:Where are all the Giggs haters tonight?

they don't do competitive games just the friendlies.

:lol: :laughing5: :laughing6:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Great football played tonight by giggs’s team. Can see what hes trying to do and not afraid to throw the youngsters in. So far so good for me.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:11 am

Two of the top knowledgeable posters on this board about football Worcester and Tonteg strike again :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Two of the top knowledgeable posters on this board about football Worcester and Tonteg strike again :lol: :lol:

he did point out he doesn't blame Giggs { for the fall of the Roman empire, erm I mean together stronger }..
just mentioned him 7 times when talking about lack of respect and the dismantling of all the good work.....{ ive puzzled for hours about who/what the word Giggs might be code for and who it is these two are really blaming...

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm

It's been a funny few weeks for Giggs with two excellent performances and two poor ones, but there have been plenty of positives, it's not often we expect to win without Ramsey and Bale, and some brilliant young talent coming through to replace the players ending their careers.

Denmark will be an interesting game now, and a good test to see how they are doing with the new style against a better team than Ireland.

I have been surprised by Giggs and there are some positive signs although it is still to early and the results to inconsistent to judge.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Bluebina wrote:It's been a funny few weeks for Giggs with two excellent performances and two poor ones, but there have been plenty of positives, it's not often we expect to win without Ramsey and Bale, and some brilliant young talent coming through to replace the players ending their careers.

Denmark will be an interesting game now, and a good test to see how they are doing with the new style against a better team than Ireland.

I have been surprised by Giggs and there are some positive signs although it is still to early and the results to inconsistent to judge.

yes it is too early to judge but some were judging him before he had even left Manchester for his interview.. so im pleased he has dome enough for a bit of breathing space.

like any new international manager I believe he should be judged on a qualification campaign { which this nations league is not despite the 1 in 16 chance of qualification }