“ CARDIFF CITY WANT FORMER PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Mirror reporting us,palace and Southampton, showing an interest in Eden dzeko,

Not sure if true,but they have reported,he wants a move back to the Prem? Would be some signing IMO, 32 so whilst not a spring chicken,but knows the league well,plus he can score :?: thoughts everyone? :bluescarf:
bluesince62

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Cardiff interested in... “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:36 am

Just seen this. Interesting rumour...

Daily Mirror

Tuesday 16th October 2018

Southampton, Crystal Palace and Cardiff have been alerted to Edin Dzeko’s willingness to return to the Premier League.

The ex-Manchester City striker, 32 is currently at Roma. Dzeko spent five seasons at Manchester City, winning two Premier League titles and scoring 72 goals.

Southampton, Palace and Cardiff have all been struggling to score goals this season and see the Bosnian as a remedy to their offensive issues.

Dzeko said: “It’s probably too late for me to return to the Premier League, but you never know: we’ll see.

“I love English football, I played in the Premier League for four-and-a-half years and enjoyed it a lot, even if I’m happy at Roma right now.”

Dzeko netted twice for his international side as Bosnia and Herzegovina beat Northern Ireland 2-0.

He turned down a move to Chelsea in January.

"It wasn't easy, but I stayed here and am very happy to be here. I think the club is glad too," he told Mediaset Premium earlier this year.

"Let's not talk about it. Money doesn't matter."
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:37 am

The key line, in my opinion, is where it says he turned down a move to Chelsea in January.

Why on earth, then, would he want to join us?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:The key line, in my opinion, is where it says he turned down a move to Chelsea in January.

Perhaps he would be a starter in every game for us and just a squad player for Chelsea
Pembroke bluebird

Postby City Slicker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:24 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:The key line, in my opinion, is where it says he turned down a move to Chelsea in January.

Better atmosphere.
City Slicker

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY WANT FORMER PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION “

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:40 am

Firstly I cannot see the club spending the money & secondly if he had a choice of clubs it’s unlikely that he would choose a bottom of the table team over other Premier League teams. Sometimes money talks but in our case I don’t think it does.

As we have seen many times where does this reported interest come from? We were linked with so many players in the summer that we could have had a squad in excess of 50 players!
bridgendbluebird30

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 am

Can't see it happening. Paper talk.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 am

Neil Warnock has made no secret of his desire to buy a striker when the transfer window re-opens.

The Bluebirds were linked with Troy Deeney, Danny Ings and Andre Gray — among others — in the summer but failed to make the breakthrough before the August window shut.

They have scored just four goals this season, with Danny Ward the only Cardiff striker to find the net.

A move for a striker in January seems inevitable but Dzeko's wage demands could prove tricky if the Bluebirds are to broker a move to South Wales. Dzeko reportedly turned down a move to Chelsea in January 2017.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BlueDredd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 am

Can't see a move from Roma to Cardiff being likely.

Just linking all the struggling teams. Pure gas.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am

I don’t believe for one minute it will happen

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:25 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Firstly I cannot see the club spending the money & secondly if he had a choice of clubs it’s unlikely that he would choose a bottom of the table team over other Premier League teams. Sometimes money talks but in our case I don’t think it does.

As we have seen many times where does this reported interest come from? We were linked with so many players in the summer that we could have had a squad in excess of 50 players!

agree..its not just about identifying targets that would fit or even meeting their clubs valuation ..its about convincing the player and his advisors that its a decent move..
dogfound

Postby Blue Legend » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 am

No chance will we match Dzeko's wages. Move on, nothing to see here.
I don't care about Vincent,
He don't care about me.
All I care about is CCFC......
Blue Legend

Postby Blueboys1927 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 am

Not a chance will he join us. Why would he.
Palace, established PL outfit and able to live in London
Saints, established PL outfit and able to live on the Solent
Or us, a basic certainty to return to the championship :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 am

Dzeko to Soton and Charlie Austin to Cardiff... done :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby T1JMO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 am

Isn't a Warnock type of signing, it's probably just fabricated but doubt he would want to sign for us with it being such a 'step down' plus he would be on huge wages compared to the rest of the squad... plus he might be in the championship next year!
T1JMO

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Load of boll.........
BlueMoon1974

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:56 pm

To late now, there will be 15 point gap between safety on new years day. Just enjoy the people!!!!!!!
BlueMoon1974

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 pm

a great player who can really help us, but it depends on how much his wages are and how much Tan will be willing to let Warnock have.

Players like Tevez would be ideal but that of course depends on if he is willing to leave china for wales, or maybe a former bluebird in mats moller dheali.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:06 am

GOAL SHY SOUTHAMPTON, CRYSTAL PALACE AND CARDIFF IN SHOCK LINK TO FORMER PREMIER LEAGUE WINNING STRIKER

From Serie A To Southampton…

The Sports Man

Wednesday 16th October 2018

One of the more peculiar, and admittedly unlikely, transfer stories of the international break has the struggling Premier League trio of Southampton, Crystal Palace and Cardiff linked with a shock move for a former Man City striker who lifted the title on two occasions.

Goals have been in short supply at new boys Cardiff who have struggled since returning to England’s top-flight. The goal-shy Bluebirds have a joint-league-low of just four goals to their name from eight winless matches, a shocking return which leaves Neil Warnock’s men rooted to the bottom of the table, and in desperate need of some firepower.

Southampton have endured a stale couple of campaigns in front of goal, but while they now have a rejuvenated Danny Ings in their ranks - the on-loan Liverpool striker has been on fine form for his new side - no one else is chipping in, with the stuttering Saints scoring only six goals this term, and claiming only the one victory.

Crystal Palace are also struggling to set the league alight in goal scoring terms. The capital club, 14th, have found the back of the net just five times in eight games, and are over-reliant on star man Wilfried Zaha, with Christian Benteke a shadow of his former self.

It’s therefore only natural that the three clubs are being linked with a move for a goalscorer, but the man in question may surprise a few people: Edin Dzeko.

The Mirror reports that while the Bosnian has stated he’s happy at current club Roma, with whom he joined from Man City, he absolutely loves English football and is refusing to rule out a return to these shores.

Dzeko previously helped City win a couple of Premier League titles, the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield, before moving over to Roma in 2016 following a loan spell.

He’s since gone on to score 78 goals in 148 games for the Serie A side, and was hotly linked with a move to Chelsea at the start of the year, however nothing materialised.

Given that the 32-year-old bagged a hat-trick for Roma earlier this month, then a brace for Bosnia on Monday night, it would come as a huge surprise if he suddenly return to England with Southampton, Crystal Palace and Cardiff, but with the utmost respect for those clubs, should one of the top-six come calling his head could well be turned.
Attachments
DzekoBalotellipng.png
DzekoBalotellipng.png (717.16 KiB) Viewed 1644 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Hopski » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Didn't he play against us when we beat Man City at home last time we were in the Prem? Wasn't impressed.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby RICK+CCFC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Hopski wrote:Didn't he play against us when we beat Man City at home last time we were in the Prem? Wasn't impressed.

Yes, and scored.
RICK+CCFC

Return to General Chat