Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Internet in the stadium

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Since the new Stadium opened I've never been able to get on the Internet at half time to check scores etc.

I'm with Three mobile.

Does anyone know a mobile provider where you can access the Internet on your phone inside the stadium?

Re: Internet in the stadium

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Watch on tv down the concourse

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:44 pm

There is wifi codes on posters in the bar areas

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:57 pm

It's just sheer volume of people registered to the same mobile phone tower. It cant cope.

Your best bet is the more obscure networks that have their own towers. Not ones that use other's infrastructure.

Unfortunately it's a common issue. There are apps where people share signal to make a giant hotspot. Or as someone mentions above... Use WiFi.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Its always been shit unfortunately

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:25 pm

12thMan wrote:Since the new Stadium opened I've never been able to get on the Internet at half time to check scores etc.

I'm with Three mobile.

Does anyone know a mobile provider where you can access the Internet on your phone inside the stadium?

None of them work properly, it's the volume of traffic in a small area

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 am

On the Cardiff city app there is tribe hive that uses everyone phones signal to boost the conectivity, only works on the Cardiff app, but that has all the live scores, game stats etc

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:41 pm

To be fair my internet slows down with 4 people in my house let alone 30,000+ people in close proximity. Vincent Tan's fault

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:10 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Watch on tv down the concourse

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair though there's 10s of 1000s in there so it's gonna be shite. That's why I use 4g and Christ do EE love me for it. :lol:

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:10 am

Must be awful going to watch city play and not being able to see how you favourite team are getting on. FFS

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 pm

It's useful for punters, for those of us interested in our relegation rivals' results and the results of Swansea and Bristol. Ffs lol.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:Must be awful going to watch city play and not being able to see how you favourite team are getting on. FFS

Or how the teams around you are getting on an how your bets are doing