“Everyone works hard for each other”

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:41 am

Cardiff City DVP get their second win in nine outings this season against League one Charlton :bluebird: :bluebird:

U23 | Evans: “Everyone works hard for each other”

CARDFF CITY FC

Wednesday 16th October 2018

Cardiff City’s U23 Head Coach, Jarred Harvey gave his reaction following a deserved 3-1 triumph at home to Charlton Athletic on Monday, October 15th 2018.

“The result was great but I’m even more delighted with the performance,” began Jarred. “We’ve had several games previously when we’ve played well but just made mistakes so got punished for it. But I felt that we responded to those results. I thought Charlton started the game off well but apart from that I thought that the match was one-sided.

“I looked at the statistics and we had about 16 shots during the game. We won 3-1 but we probably could’ve had a higher margin when you put it into perspective. So overall I thought we played very well.

“Some individual performances stood out as well. Laurence [Wootton], Jacob [Evans], and Lloyd [Humphries] were all outstanding for large periods of the game. It’s also good to see the lads who had been out injured getting the game time.

The Bluebirds conceded after just 12 minutes and Harvey was pleased with the response of his players following the early set-back.

“The attitude was spot-on after coming back from a goal behind. To concede an early goal can have a big effect on the rest of the match. The same happened in our last game [vs. QPR] but we responded directly to that despite losing the match.

“I thought we showed great resilience and the togetherness was brilliant. It was a never-say-die attitude and that’s exactly what I expect from the players.”

Jacob Evans returned to starting line-up and netted Cardiff City’s equaliser just before half-time. The midfielder spoke of his delight following the success.

“We’re delighted with the result. The whole squad did well to get the win and it was the result that we deserved. Overall I’m just pleased for the lads because it was a hard earned three points.

“I think we showed great attitude to coming from a goal behind to win the game. It was a bit of a false start and it just shows that we have a good mentality. We showed our quality right at the end too, after going down to ten men.

“It’s a good team spirit within the camp. Everyone works hard for each other and you can see that with how we played today.

“I’ve been out for around six weeks now so I’m delighted to get back and score a goal too. To be part of the win was the main thing.”
Attachments
Large-4.jpeg
Large-4.jpeg (167.46 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat