Jump for Cardiff City Football Club! Ole! Ole! Whoa!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Swansea City Bluebird » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:09 pm

We gotta come up with a 'new' chant for Anfield on Sat. Have you seen the vid of Will Ferrell leading the chant for the LAFC fans? (https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/10/ ... ion-chants)
I reckon "Jump for Cardiff City Football Club! Ole! Ole! whoa!" would work well for us. Let's do it and shut those dirty red noses up!
Swansea City Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jump for Cardiff City Football Club! Ole! Ole! Whoa!

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:43 pm

You’ve got a terrible username :lol:
Llan_Blue

Postby nubbsy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:You’ve got a terrible username :lol:

I concur :lol:
nubbsy

Postby Swansea City Bluebird » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:27 pm

People living in Swansea don't even want to support the Jacks now :lol: I'm not even from Cardiff :o I was born in Morriston and grew up in Llanelli :clap: There's quite a few Bluebirds in Llanelli and West Wales :bluebird: Everyone hates the Jacks :lol: I actually don't mind living in Swansea :shock: The Gower's nice and the Marina and SA1 is ok :? The town's a dump though and there are weirdos everywhere! :wtf: Cardiff is too far from work and I couldn't afford to live where I'd want to Cardiff :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Swansea City Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:12 pm

Swansea City Bluebird wrote:People living in Swansea don't even want to support the Jacks now :lol: I'm not even from Cardiff :o I was born in Morriston and grew up in Llanelli :clap: There's quite a few Bluebirds in Llanelli and West Wales :bluebird: Everyone hates the Jacks :lol: I actually don't mind living in Swansea :shock: The Gower's nice and the Marina and SA1 is ok :? The town's a dump though and there are weirdos everywhere! :wtf: Cardiff is too far from work and I couldn't afford to live where I'd want to Cardiff :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

its still a terrible user name..
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:29 am

dogfound wrote:
Swansea City Bluebird wrote:People living in Swansea don't even want to support the Jacks now :lol: I'm not even from Cardiff :o I was born in Morriston and grew up in Llanelli :clap: There's quite a few Bluebirds in Llanelli and West Wales :bluebird: Everyone hates the Jacks :lol: I actually don't mind living in Swansea :shock: The Gower's nice and the Marina and SA1 is ok :? The town's a dump though and there are weirdos everywhere! :wtf: Cardiff is too far from work and I couldn't afford to live where I'd want to Cardiff :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

its still a terrible user name..

:laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 am

Still could have been worse.He might have been CardiffCityJack. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 am

Very dissapointed with chant- sounded good from description but it's just jibbering in between the Oles
Only thing is that if someone could devise the right words in between the Oles it might be a good Victor Canarassa song - he deserves one !

Interesting side issue is that I've been confused for a long time about this Swansea antipathy. First I heard if it was spiteful remarks about Cardiff City from John Hartson on tv one day . As your poster says , there always used to be a lot of Cardiff fans from the Swansea area and at one time they'd travel down on busses and special trains to Ninian Park. You'd see a lot of banners and scarfs in the ground denoting Morriston and Neath. Mind you, in those days no one except the occasional journalist who'd looked it up in the Rothmans football yearbook would have used the word "bluebirds" either, so I guess things have changed.

I don't like to see it though, any more than I like seeing the mutual goodwill with Bristol City and the Rovers converted into a horrible rivalry. I suppose it's the result of this increasingly decisive society we have, but it's a pity all the same.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 pm

I lived in Morriston in the middle of a council estate for 25 years. Everyone on the estate knew I was a Cardiff fan and at first, there were a few issues, but they never lasted long, to be honest.
The only issue with the username the op has is the word "CITY" in it.

He makes out he's Swansea City first and foremost.
No self-respecting Cardiff fan would do that. Swansea Bluebird I can understand, but Swansea City Bluebird? Come on. :banghead:
So for that reason alone, "I'm out".

Roathy I suspect.
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:52 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:You’ve got a terrible username :lol:

I concur :lol:

Agreed :lol: :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby Swansea City Bluebird » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Fair point. I should have gone for Swansea Town Bluebird or Swansea Slums Bluebird. Apparently the Townhill and Mayhill estates was built for people living in slums (mainly the Irish)
Swansea City Bluebird

Return to General Chat