Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Lee Tomlin? '

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Are Nottingham Forest living to regret not signing Cardiff City playmaker?

The Boot Room

Tuesday 23rd October 2018

A glut of new talent arrived at Nottingham Forest during the summer with boss Aitor Karanka tasked with winning promotion.

Each position on the pitch was strengthened during the last transfer window and the Reds splashed substantial cash in the process.

Forest currently sit ninth in the Championship after a reasonable start to the season. Karanka’s men have been defeated just twice so far, with the second of those defeats coming on Saturday, when Norwich secured a 2-1 win on Trentside.

The defeat did perhaps highlight a lack of creative spark within the Forest ranks, particularly in the final third, with the Reds looking somewhat lost when Joao Carvalho and Joe Lolley were withdrawn.

On Saturday, Forest were crying out for someone to step off the bench and offer the Norwich defenders something to think about. Lee Tomlin was in the Reds’ ranks last season and his presence on Saturday might have made all the difference.

Karanka opted not to sign the Cardiff City man on a permanent deal in the summer and on Saturday’s showing he might potentially be regretting such a decision.

Tomlin developed a strong rapport with the Forest faithful last season, scoring four goals during his loan spell at the City Ground.

Although he might have struggled to be a regular starter in the current Forest team, his creative spark and energy would have proved a useful asset from the bench.

Forest are blessed with lots of depth these days but players such as Hillal Soudani and Diogo Goncalves are not experienced Championship performers, whereas Tomlin is.

If the Reds continue to toil on the creative front, particularly at home, then Karanka might just pursue the massively out of favour Cardiff man once more when the transfer window reopens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Lee Tomlin? '

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:05 am

No chance. It'd be good for both clubs and for the player, ( who normal people have got to feel sorry for in some ways), but he'd be nuts to take the pay cut. I think he'll probably play his contract out in the lower Cardiff teams then go on a free ,at which point I hope he can still play somewhere - he's very young

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:34 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:No chance. It'd be good for both clubs and for the player, ( who normal people have got to feel sorry for in some ways), but he'd be nuts to take the pay cut. I think he'll probably play his contract out in the lower Cardiff teams then go on a free ,at which point I hope he can still play somewhere - he's very young

He isn't young for a footballer.He is 30 in January and wil be 31 when his contract with us expires.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:No chance. It'd be good for both clubs and for the player, ( who normal people have got to feel sorry for in some ways), but he'd be nuts to take the pay cut. I think he'll probably play his contract out in the lower Cardiff teams then go on a free ,at which point I hope he can still play somewhere - he's very young

its not his fault he is on this reported 30k a week contract..

but where does feeling sorry for someone who earns in a week what some fans earn in a year come into it..

and he is not very young..

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:01 am

dogfound wrote:

but where does feeling sorry for someone who earns in a week what some fans earn in a year come into it..

Bloody young compared to me ! I’d swap.
Thought I read that he’d been playing for under 23s?
Reason I said sorry for him ‘in some ways’ is that he’d obviously be happier playing football but right now he’s being paid more for not playing and as you said you can’t blame him for securing his future

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:22 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Reason I said sorry for him ‘in some ways’ is that he’d obviously be happier playing football but right now he’s being paid more for not playing and as you said you can’t blame him for securing his future

hes the reason he isnt playing football so i dont feel sorry for him at all.

dont blame him for not taking a pay cut mind, but you cant have it both ways

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:42 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yep id swap ages and wages with the bloke....but as someone else said ,not playing is largly down to him....could have put a lot more efforet in { or just a little bit } could have gone out on loan..
oh, the under 23s, your allowed to play over age players..think its supposed to be for players returning from injury not ones that cant walk past bakeries though..

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yep id swap ages and wages with the bloke....but as someone else said ,not playing is largly down to him....could have put a lot more efforet in { or just a little bit } could have gone out on loan..
oh, the under 23s, your allowed to play over age players..think its supposed to be for players returning from injury not ones that cant walk past bakeries though..

If any of us were declared unfit for the jobs we do,we would be on ssp :banghead: he gets a fat wedge in raised wages,and came back overweight( allegedly )refused chance of loan,wages shouldn't come into it really,if you're a professional at any level,surely you want to produce your best for whoever is you're boss? Lazy,overpaid t****r,can't be arsed to make the effort! ! Camerassa and Arter, both on loan,both producing the goods for their (temporary)boss nuff said :old: :ayatollah: