Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Song

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:57 pm

Here's something. It needs a lot of work so anyone want to edit ?
It came about cause someone asked about a song for Camasarra and I was churning it over ( maybe that bit is useable ?)

The idea works but we have to use the word "blues" to make it fit and I don't really like that.

If anyone isn't familiar with the tune listen on the following YouTube link

https://youtu.be/IaZL5rvOJ_c

Only a work in progress and it's probably a bit too intricate at the moment, but maybe people can polish it up a bit

Keep your Fulham money even if it's made of tin
Keep all them crinolines honey, the Blues shall rise again

Camarassa oh don't you sit and spin
If we all turn out with a rebel shout the Blues shall rise again

Haul out that picture of Warnock, tack it up with an old gray pin
Raise up that Cardiff flag , the Blues shall rise again

Camarassa don't you sit and spin
If we all turn out with a rebel shout the Blues shall rise again

Start all them bugles playing, listen to the drums begin
Ten thousand fans a-marching, the Blues shall rise again

,Camarassa oh don't you sit and spin
If we all turn out with a rebel shout the South shall rise again"

Re: Song

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Actually I said the South at the end and it's too late to edit so take that as read

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 pm

On the same theme here's another one of my favourites which I think could be adapted with a bit of thought

https://youtu.be/CK1EOle6OQw

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:56 am

There’s a starman playing on the right,
His name is Camarasa, and he’s f*cking dynamite

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:17 pm

GENERAL CHAT
change f...ing for "Spanish" be tidy.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Agree no need for bad language. Bugs me in allez when family stand trying to join in and there’s unnecessary bad language. Don’t get me wrong nothing with a bit of swearing at the football but when it’s in the chants it is difficult for our younger fans

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Agree no need for bad language. Bugs me in allez when family stand trying to join in and there’s unnecessary bad language. Don’t get me wrong nothing with a bit of swearing at the football but when it’s in the chants it is difficult for our younger fans

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:37 pm

montyblue wrote:GENERAL CHAT

Like that, but still think if we cut the specific lines about Camasarra from above "South will Rise Again" adaptation, it's better still .maybe discard the rest of song and improve words but listen to link and I think it's very catchy .

I can see that in some cases a swear word can add something or be funny, but in this case it really doesn't .
If you did use the Bowie thing you definitely need something at the end to round it off cause you're ending at the point where the musical phrase is building to the link ( let the people ... Whatever it is)

I also think we need a rousing element, which the Bowie thing hasn't got. You know , that things just a very rough idea and I'm sure we've got some clever lyricists out there so come on guys

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:39 pm

montyblue wrote:GENERAL CHAT

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Lewblue wrote:Agree no need for bad language. Bugs me in allez when family stand trying to join in and there’s unnecessary bad language. Don’t get me wrong nothing with a bit of swearing at the football but when it’s in the chants it is difficult for our younger fans

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:37 pm

No swearing at football please.
WOW :laughing5:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:37 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Lewblue wrote:Agree no need for bad language. Bugs me in allez when family stand trying to join in and there’s unnecessary bad language. Don’t get me wrong nothing with a bit of swearing at the football but when it’s in the chants it is difficult for our younger fans

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

No wonder why kids these days are soft as shit :laughing6:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

I've known some very hard fighting men who wouldn't have sworn in front of kids, or tolerated anyone doing that. No idea why you seem to think swearing in front of kids hardens them up cause it just disadvantages them and diminishes their respect for the adult they hear doing it.

That aside, I'm a terribly foul mouthed man myself sometimes , and it can sometimes be quite funny and add colour. On the other hand, as in this case, it just sounds lame and doesn't seem to be there for any other reason but to swear for the sake of it.

No ones suggesting that we try to ban swearing at football matches , but at least use those words, like any others, when they add to the thing you're saying, and there's no harm in having a bit of common sense and respect about doing it in front of kids is there ?

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:54 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

I've known some very hard fighting men who wouldn't have sworn in front of kids, or tolerated anyone doing that. No idea why you seem to think swearing in front of kids hardens them up cause it just disadvantages them and diminishes their respect for the adult they hear doing it.

That aside, I'm a terribly foul mouthed man myself sometimes , and it can sometimes be quite funny and add colour. On the other hand, as in this case, it just sounds lame and doesn't seem to be there for any other reason but to swear for the sake of it.

No ones suggesting that we try to ban swearing at football matches , but at least use those words, like any others, when they add to the thing you're saying, and there's no harm in having a bit of common sense and respect about doing it in front of kids is there ?

Kids and women worse than the men FFS!! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

I was never allowed to swear as a kid as my mum / dad would've given me a clip.
At the football my dad turned a blind eye... I turned out ok.

I suppose if other words can be used in place of swearing then that's a fair point though. :thumbright:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:44 am

Great reply. Thank you - not many people today bother to consider the other point of view whether they ultimately agree or disagree. Yes, I think your parents got it right !
:clap:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:59 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Great reply. Thank you - not many people today bother to consider the other point of view whether they ultimately agree or disagree. Yes, I think your parents got it right !
:clap:

:thumbright: It's all about opinions and everyone is entitled to one

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 pm

At bournemouth there was a song going round the pub to the tune of "Rhythm is a dancer"
Changed the words to Victor Camarasa and a few made up verses.
Sounded brilliant its a shame it has not taken off