Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Anfield ‘ Liverpool hang your head in shame

Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:41 pm

Liverpool fc hang your head in shame worst away end in football total overcrowding you keep going on about Hillsborough and you absolutely crammed us into an end nowhere near big enough when we scored everyone ended up on the floor your a disgrace . your stewards are a joke even your police were saying how bad they were. and also there more atmosphere on the moon than what your famous kop produced today absolute crap. but well done you mighty bluebirds I'm proud of you .

Re: anfield

Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:30 pm

kettyblue wrote:Liverpool fc hang your head in shame worst away end in football total overcrowding you keep going on about Hillsborough and you absolutely crammed us into an end nowhere near big enough when we scored everyone ended up on the floor your a disgrace . your stewards are a joke even your police were saying how bad they were. and also there more atmosphere on the moon than what your famous kop produced today absolute crap. but well done you mighty bluebirds I'm proud of you .

Pointed out to annis it was a disgrace stewards let fans stand in aile no attempt to put fans in their seats was Hillsborough waiting to happen ! The premier league and city should take look at what went on and do something about it, worst away end I've seen in 40 odd years for crowd safety I was in aile 31 at top stand and could not see where exit was, God forbid if medical emergency happened fan would have no chance of help. :twisted:

Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 pm

How many seats do they want to squash in?! Knees up against blokes Infront and almost sat on the person next to you. It's truly uncomfortable. We have business class kind of space at home. Lucky.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:How many seats do they want to squash in?! Knees up against blokes Infront and almost sat on the person next to you. It's truly uncomfortable. We have business class kind of space at home. Lucky.

Yes city used Aussie size seats which are bigger than standard seats! But come to conclusion that every team in premiership should have new grounds if not already got one, because at present anfield like others are not fit for purpose ? it was extremely dangerous for fans today and facilities was not accessible during entire game unless you were in row 10! The police were stopping fans entering the stand as in their words it was dangerous :thumbup:

Re: ‘ Anfield ‘ Liverpool hang your head in shame

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 pm

Haven’t they got plans to develop that stand ?

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Scum fans, scum city whining jokes remember Heysel and those who died because of their behaviour.I hate this club and all the joking welsh fans they provide filth !

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:36 pm

billy ronson wrote:Haven’t they got plans to develop that stand ?

Yes had plans but decided it was not commercially viable in other words couldn't get Scousers to pay more for new stand ! Just like the boycott when they wanted to charge more with new stand they built but backed down under fan pressure. :old:

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 am

Jimmy Scoular wrote:Scum fans, scum city whining jokes remember Heysel and those who died because of their behaviour.I hate this club and all the joking welsh fans they provide filth !

Great support from Cardiff as always :bluescarf: :

Scum fans :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But I have had many a weekend in Liverpool over the years and have found the city of Liverpool and their folk very friendly and helpful people. The Albert docks area is a great base to explore the city especially if you are a Beatles fan. :old: :old:

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:
billy ronson wrote:Haven’t they got plans to develop that stand ?

Yes had plans but decided it was not commercially viable in other words couldn't get Scousers to pay more for new stand ! Just like the boycott when

they wanted to charge more with new stand they built but backed down under fan pressure. :old:

Agree with this post fully, it was rammed at half time and you couldn't take a piss or get a drink. I had try and fight my way to block 123 to catch up with some old mates and they stopped me because it was getting to dangerous and they were checking tickets because of over crowding. Steward said the stand will shortly be redeveloped :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 am

My partner's recently had an operation on her leg and it was really uncomfortable for her. Our row was jam packed and could hardly move. Stewards were worse than useless. Telling everyone to get off the stairs but didn't seem to be anywhere to go. Their support was hopeless and hardly heard them. Got a bus outside the ground into the city and there wasn't a Scouse accent on it. Mostly foreign or southern based fans with half and half scarfs.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 am

Local fans probably haven't got a grand lying about. Pricing local fans out.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:16 am

Could explain why their supports so shit.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:31 pm

yes it was small...insanely small on the concourse , lacked adequate toilets. space, refreshments outlets..

must be said our fans have no interest in sitting in the seat assigned to them and this contributes...

not sure what the stewards were expected to do about it tbh....im not complaining because ive accepted how it is for years and knew how it would be yesterday but seriously don't see how anyone can complain about anything else while it goes on..

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:35 pm

scotslad wrote:My partner's recently had an operation on her leg and it was really uncomfortable for her. Our row was jam packed and could hardly move. Stewards were worse than useless. Telling everyone to get off the stairs but didn't seem to be anywhere to go. Their support was hopeless and hardly heard them. Got a bus outside the ground into the city and there wasn't a Scouse accent on it. Mostly foreign or southern based fans with half and half scarfs.

wasn't just their fans...
there were a group of 4 middle aged fans stood to my right with those half and half monstrosities around their necks..and a group of half a dozen boys { early twenties in front of me referring to our players as...that goalkeeper..the number 33 etc..Peeded me off....the criteria needs to be dropping by one not going to zero..thats my view anyway

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Worst away end I have been in since Portsmouth a few years back. Spent the first half watching the match in a packed out aisle. Probably just as well we didn't score. The concourse was too small for the amount of people in the away end and the stewarding was ineffectual. As people have pointed out with Liverpools history you would not expect that.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 pm

dogfound wrote:yes it was small...insanely small on the concourse , lacked adequate toilets. space, refreshments outlets..

must be said our fans have no interest in sitting in the seat assigned to them and this contributes...

not sure what the stewards were expected to do about it tbh....im not complaining because ive accepted how it is for years and knew how it would be yesterday but seriously don't see how anyone can complain about anything else while it goes on..

Yep it's always been like that. My ticket was for block 124 but the steward told me it was to packed there and go to block 122

If cardiff supporters went to their correct seats there wouldn't be a problem but I don't give a f**k anyway.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:45 pm

People need to stick their seats then

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Never been to Anfield before so was looking forward to a great experience. The away end is a disgrace, no room for your legs and the seat were so close to each other you were practically sitting on each other. Was expecting a great atmosphere. It was shit. Better grounds. in the Championship. After sitting in these seats they should be singing "you'll never walk again".

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:01 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:People need to stick their seats then

If people did sit in their allocated seats there would be no problem unfortunately the vast majority are buying seats individually and when they get to the match want to sit or rather stand with their mates. If you try to go to your allocated seat someone else will be sitting there and tell you to F off. Going to be a problem all season except maybe a few midweek games.

Don't really know if anything can be done about it. Not sure about right at the back but as for as I could see yesterday all the seats appeared to be taken and there were still people standing in the aisles.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 pm

murphy wrote:
dogfound wrote:yes it was small...insanely small on the concourse , lacked adequate toilets. space, refreshments outlets..

Yep it's always been like that. My ticket was for block 124 but the steward told me it was to packed there and go to block 122

If cardiff supporters went to their correct seats there wouldn't be a problem but I don't give a f**k anyway.

3 stewards covering entrance 124 and they were not interested in doing anything from beginning! Yes fans should have used seats allocated but isnt that the home clubs responsibility to make sure that fans do that don't see same problems at city with away fans do you with full allocation? And being in middle of the mayhem i must question if there was more fans than seats certainly looked like it. Oh and the police hmmmm 2 came to look at situation at half time and told me was to dangerous to re enter and that was their contribution to events... :o

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Crayfish wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:People need to stick their seats then

If people did sit in their allocated seats there would be no problem unfortunately the vast majority are buying seats individually and when they get to the match want to sit or rather stand with their mates. If you try to go to your allocated seat someone else will be sitting there and tell you to F off. Going to be a problem all season except maybe a few midweek games.

Don't really know if anything can be done about it. Not sure about right at the back but as for as I could see yesterday all the seats appeared to be taken and there were still people standing in the aisles.

My daughter and wife wanted to come. I said away games no place for women in afraid. Language and attitude off many is file. Every other word cun. Cu..cu... Must have peas for brains with such a low vocabulary.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm

murphy wrote:

same here, wrong seat wrong block after being denied entry to 124...same every away game...not complaining just pointing out that there is no point going on about hysel , Hillsborough ,stewards and safety while we behave as we do...

I say we because if im in early I stand with my mates whether we all have tickets together or not so im as much to blame as anyone..

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:10 pm

For years and years in the Championship there has been no need for our away fans to sit in the correct seats because there were only one or two games at most each season where we had anywhere near a sell out for an away match.

Also when the away section is only going to be half full or less the stewards tend to less strict on trying to ensure that away fans sit in their correct seat (there were always some exceptions where the stewards were like the Gestapo - Forest and Wolves for example) so, rightly or wrongly, some of our fans feel that they can go where they like.

It's also impossible when literally hundreds and of our fans turn up at the very last minute before kick off (often pissed after having to neck their last pint). There is no way that all those people arriving at the same time can get to their correct seat according to their ticket - it's not going to happen.

I have no idea why the ticket is not just for general admission. If there are different price tickets then each should have a separate entrance and she be segregated in some way. Trying to get three thousand fans sitting in their correct seat when a thousand of them arrive five minutes before kick off or later is never going to work.

As other have said if something had happened yesterday we would never have got out of there. 3000 fans, two exits from the stands, a narrow and claustrophobic corridor under the stand and small exits onto the street. 3000 crammed into the lower level of one half of one stand behind the goal! :o :o

Right down there with awful away facilities with the likes of Portsmouth, Burnley and QPR.

Not only a horrible away experience but potentially extremely dangerous.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:26 pm

davids wrote:For years and years in the Championship there has been no need for our away fans to sit in the correct seats because there were only one or two games at most each season where we had anywhere near a sell out for an away match.

Also when the away section is only going to be half full or less the stewards tend to less strict on trying to ensure that away fans sit in their correct seat (there were always some exceptions where the stewards were like the Gestapo - Forest and Wolves for example) so, rightly or wrongly, some of our fans feel that they can go where they like.

It's also impossible when literally hundreds and of our fans turn up at the very last minute before kick off (often pissed after having to neck their last pint). There is no way that all those people arriving at the same time can get to their correct seat according to their ticket - it's not going to happen.

I have no idea why the ticket is not just for general admission. If there are different price tickets then each should have a separate entrance and she be segregated in some way. Trying to get three thousand fans sitting in their correct seat when a thousand of them arrive five minutes before kick off or later is never going to work.

As other have said if something had happened yesterday we would never have got out of there. 3000 fans, two exits from the stands, a narrow and claustrophobic corridor under the stand and small exits onto the street. 3000 crammed into the lower level of one half of one stand behind the goal! :o :o

Right down there with awful away facilities with the likes of Portsmouth, Burnley and QPR.

Yesterday was both tbh and won't go there again with city! While have point about fans not going where they were supposed to go they new there was 3k city fans attending and should have made arrangements for sufficient stewards to be there not just 3 covering 31 rows , and to be fair there wasn't any problems with city fans that I saw other than standing in isles, it was just pure lack of stewarding and police (just 2) who in fact didn't turn up until half time because people could not exit stand or gain access safely . :?

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:28 pm

I'm not surprised by some of the comments regarding atmosphere, I have said before, I have been to Anfield twice, once to watch Wales vs Italy and the Carling Cup Game in 2007.

In 2007 I didn't have a ticket and bought one outside for the Kop, there were 6,000 Cardiff fans in the Anfield Road End and you could not here them at all from the opposite end of the ground the sound just didn't travel in the stadium.

It's the same at the CCS.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:45 pm

davids wrote:For years and years in the Championship there has been no need for our away fans to sit in the correct seats because there were only one or two games at most each season where we had anywhere near a sell out for an away match.

no...thousands turn up last minute drunk at the ccs for both Cardiff and Wales games regular and sit in their proper seats , and more than double those figures at the principality without a carer to figure out where seat 34 row R is...
once we have a sell out away chaos rules..//followed by unreasonable complaints and blame ...followed by a 10% reduction for our away allocation followed by complaints about that..

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm

I must have been the only one in 123 that enjoyed it..

Very crammed in but I don’t mind that. Pile on when the goal went in it was great :lol:

Massive safety & probably human right violations but it was a good crack :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:50 am

If everyone sat in their nominated seat there wouldn’t have been a problem. Do you actually think that Anfield hasn’t got a crowd safety certificate just like every other ground these days ? Why should everyone think that the stewards are there to personally escort them to their seat ? They’re there to help but when you come up against a crowd that insist on standing wherever they like it gets difficult. Time to act like premiership supporters not championship where there’s usually the option of seats to choose from.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:15 am

CFRed wrote:If everyone sat in their nominated seat there wouldn’t have been a problem. Do you actually think that Anfield hasn’t got a crowd safety certificate just like every other ground these days ? Why should everyone think that the stewards are there to personally escort them to their seat ? They’re there to help but when you come up against a crowd that insist on standing wherever they like it gets difficult. Time to act like premiership supporters not championship where there’s usually the option of seats to choose from.

Great idea fans sitting in their allocated seats but as you've undoubtedly read fans were refused entry into their area because 124 was full! now their was 2 stewards at that entrance so can you tell me why fans were allowed into an area when their tickets said they should be in 123? Funny enough thought it is job of stewards to make sure fans sit in place where ticket was bought for or is Liverpool different? The facts are there was no crowd control at the away end and that is the responsibility of the stewards and police who by way were conspicuous by their absence. :shock:

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am

The home end is no better tiny seats and seating area small concourse. Only difference Home fans stood/ sat in the allocated seats.