Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Christmas Sale

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:32 pm

I'm presuming that we're going to strengthen the team in January.
In the mean time, I regret to say that there are a few players in the 25 man squad who who are doing nothing but waste places there. We know who they are, and I regret it, so I'm not going to name them.
Other than whoever we can bring in, we'd be better off recalling Rhys Healey etc and putting Tomlin in the squad than some of the present occupants.
We've got at least four players in that squad who we know cannot do their job at this level, so we might as well give others who might be able to play a chance.
We really need to sell two strikers, two midfielders and a full back to recoup some money if we can, but I can't see there being many takers for them. They all need to go down at least one level to be able to compete and they won't want to take the wage cut, but maybe it's worth trying to loan them to championship teams even if we've got to make the wages up.

How do we get rid of the players in this category ?

Re: Christmas Sale

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:48 am

I think the biggest factor will be how likely we are to stay up to whether the chequebook or the penny tin comes out! Carry on the way we are and be in 17th+ position (get a few more wins before Jan).

I think a high profile loan striker will be on the cards. And a few more to strengthen squad. A RB for sure.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I think the biggest factor will be how likely we are to stay up to whether the chequebook or the penny tin comes out! Carry on the way we are and be in 17th+ position (get a few more wins before Jan).

I think a high profile loan striker will be on the cards. And a few more to strengthen squad. A RB for sure.

Its a pitty we can't go in for Harry Wilson.
I'd like us to go out and buy someone like Charlie Austin if available ( I haven't seen if he's had game time though )

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:I think the biggest factor will be how likely we are to stay up to whether the chequebook or the penny tin comes out! Carry on the way we are and be in 17th+ position (get a few more wins before Jan).

I'd like us to go out and buy someone like Charlie Austin if available ( I haven't seen if he's had game time though )

i thought the same as you but hes been slammed by his own fans for being overweight and unfit.

We need to be there or thereabouts so we are an attraction to other players.

me personally i like Jay rodriguez - and perhaps theres an opening for Joe Allan now that stoke arent pulling up trees this season ?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

i thought the same as you but hes been slammed by his own fans for being overweight and unfit.

me personally i like Jay rodriguez - and perhaps theres an opening for Joe Allan now that stoke arent pulling up trees this season ?

Rodriguez would demand a huge fee unfortunately. Joe Allen would be a V good signing IMO but if we can get Ampadu on loan I think he would be the perfect fit too :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Rodriguez would demand a huge fee unfortunately. Joe Allen would be a V good signing IMO but if we can get Ampadu on loan I think he would be the perfect fit too :ayatollah:

How much you reckon?

Even if it cost us 12m id do it

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:30 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

How much you reckon?

Even if it cost us 12m id do it

I was thinking more 20mill. Anything under 15 then yes I'd go and buy him :thumbright:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:27 pm

i heard somewhere that Tan will be giving warnock 20million to get a prolific striker a rb and potential cb

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:04 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:i heard somewhere that Tan will be giving warnock 20million to get a prolific striker a rb and potential cb

Yes because 20 mill would cover all those positions.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm

people keep going on about needing a striker, but if funds are limited, i would strengthen our defence.

we desperately need a proper right back, and disciplined centre back to play alongside morrison. quality in both those positions would be much easier to find at a decent price, and would improve us no end.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 am

northernbluebird wrote:people keep going on about needing a striker, but if funds are limited, i would strengthen our defence.

we desperately need a proper right back, and disciplined centre back to play alongside morrison. quality in both those positions would be much easier to find at a decent price, and would improve us no end.

Danny Simpson and Robert Huth for cheap...
Rest on a guy who can hit the net.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 am

Just a RB will do for me, pushing Manga in the middle.

and then a striker obviously.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 pm

SirJimmy

Did you see the other three apologies on the board?

If not sorry.

If so sorry.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:06 pm

northernbluebird wrote:people keep going on about needing a striker, but if funds are limited, i would strengthen our defence.

Danny Simpson and Robert Huth for cheap...
Rest on a guy who can hit the net.

good calls on both - we don't have to spend huge £££ to give us a chance.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:52 am

maccydee wrote:SirJimmy

Did you see the other three apologies on the board?

If not sorry.

If so sorry.

No, I missed them. I'm very sorry