Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Leicester is on next week

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:27 am

I think we need to make some gesture?

What do people think might be appropriate? Or should we leave it?

Re: If Leicester is on next week

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:43 am

I think the Leicester fans will have their own arranged. We should just join in, whole stadium. I think they'd appreciate that. Footballl family.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Possible game may be postponed.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:52 pm

salopiancity wrote:Possible game may be postponed.

OT did say ‘if’

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:33 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I think the Leicester fans will have their own arranged. We should just join in, whole stadium. I think they'd appreciate that. Footballl family.

We are hosting though so think it would be a nice touch.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:03 pm

maybe we should have wind fans that has a special message on it when opened, and we clap our hands with the wind fans with the leicester city fans. And have a massive banner saying our thoughts and prayers are with you leicester city.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:maybe we should have wind fans that has a special message on it when opened, and we clap our hands with the wind fans with the leicester city fans. And have a massive banner saying our thoughts and prayers are with you leicester city.

Agree 100% would look poor if we didn't recognise this very tragic event, :( :(

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:47 pm

If the game does go ahead then we should go with whatever Leicester wish to do imo

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:13 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:If the game does go ahead then we should go with whatever Leicester wish to do imo

Absolutely. The club might want to wait untill the next home game to do whatever it is they want to do

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:If the game does go ahead then we should go with whatever Leicester wish to do imo

Absolutely. The club might want to wait untill the next home game to do whatever it is they want to do

Completely agree with you both lads. Let Leicester do what they need to do and show respect but don't be fake. Most of our fans can't be arsed to stick around to applaud their own that have passed when they get read out at half time so the thought of over the top 'grand gestures' for the chairman of another club who's died albeit in an accident doesn't sit right with me and smacks of grief junkie.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Completely agree with you both lads. Let Leicester do what they need to do and show respect but don't be fake. Most of our fans can't be arsed to stick around to applaud their own that have passed when they get read out at half time so the thought of over the top 'grand gestures' for the chairman of another club who's died albeit in an accident doesn't sit right with me and smacks of grief junkie.

Has a game been called off for something like this before, I thought the game would go on?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:55 am

Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Has a game been called off for something like this before, I thought the game would go on?

Leicester's game tomorrow in the cup has been called off

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Showing respect is a gesture. Doesn’t need to be a grand gesture.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:17 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

N the LCFC statement released today it says that Southampton game is postponed along with a reserve game v Feyenoord. This should mean that our game on Saturday is ON otherwise they would have at least said something like ‘no decision has been made yet re Saturday’. Imho.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

N the LCFC statement released today it says that Southampton game is postponed along with a reserve game v Feyenoord. This should mean that our game on Saturday is ON otherwise they would have at least said something like ‘no decision has been made yet re Saturday’. Imho.

Perhaps. For us i dont think it makes a difference, the players will be preparing as if the game is on untill they here otherwise.

Its going to be a very difficult game in many ways for both teams i think.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 am

paulh_85 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Perhaps. For us i dont think it makes a difference, the players will be preparing as if the game is on untill they here otherwise.

Its going to be a very difficult game in many ways for both teams i think.

IN the LCFC statement released today it says that Southampton game is postponed along with a reserve game v Feyenoord. This should mean that our game on Saturday is ON otherwise they would have at least said something like ‘no decision has been made yet re Saturday’. Imho.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 am

maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The Club has offered their condolences and offered their support, there will be a minutes silence where fans can show their respect.

That's enough. It's tragic but it's 4 strangers and the Chairman of Leicester who 99% of our fans wouldn't have even known his name prior to Saturday Night.

So for me we should leave it alone and just support Leicester in whatever they choose to do.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:15 pm

RV Casual wrote:
maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The Club has offered their condolences and offered their support, there will be a minutes silence where fans can show their respect.

That's enough. It's tragic but it's 4 strangers and the Chairman of Leicester who 99% of our fans wouldn't have even known his name prior to Saturday Night.

So for me we should leave it alone and just support Leicester in whatever they choose to do.

100% agree...…..I didn't know his name or even what country he was from just that he was a wealthy Asian owner....and when the news broke Saturday night I was in a pub with fellow fans none of who called him by name....
I find much of this enthusiasm to show grief tasteless tbh..

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

100% agree...…..I didn't know his name or even what country he was from just that he was a wealthy Asian owner....and when the news broke Saturday night I was in a pub with fellow fans none of who called him by name....

It’s not an enthusiasm to show grief it’s a way to metaphorically put an arm round their shoulder.

My mate in works Mum died. I didn’t know her name and had never met her but he was a mate so I gave him a hug and said if there’s anything he needs. He didn’t need anything but I bet it made him feel better at that time.

That’s what we can for the Leicester fans. One football family and all that. Not hard is it?

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

It’s not an enthusiasm to show grief it’s a way to metaphorically put an arm round their shoulder.

My mate in works Mum died. I didn’t know her name and had never met her but he was a mate so I gave him a hug and said if there’s anything he needs. He didn’t need anything but I bet it made him feel better at that time.

That’s what we can for the Leicester fans. One football family and all that. Not hard is it?

no its not hard....id id be exactly the same to a MATE whose MUM died..and he would know it was very genuine as has happened...proper not the same thing...
but to each their own..