Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Leicester City players will decide on Saturday’s game “

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 am

The Foxes Carabao Cup tie with Southampton has been cancelled with a trip to Cardiff on Saturday in question

Tuesday 30th October 2018

By James Nursey

Leicester City's grieving stars will today decide if they are ready to return to action this weekend.

The Foxes’ squad yesterday paid tribute to the club’s late chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha after the King Power Stadium helicopter tragedy.

Their Carabao Cup tie at home to Southampton , originally scheduled for Tuesday night, has been postponed.

But a decision is yet to be made on Saturday’s Premier League trip to Cardiff and the players will be allowed to make it.

The Premier League and the Welsh club are understood to be very sensitive about the disaster and will respect City’s squad’s wishes.

Many were very close to Srivaddhanaprabha and stars like Jamie Vardy were still visibly upset when paying tribute alongside the late owner’s son and vice-chairman Aiyawatt.

He flew in from Thailand with his mother, Srivaddhanaprabha’s wife, to visit the stadium to inspect the tributes and leave their own.

Srivaddhanaprabha’s family and club staff and players have united following Saturday’s disaster, which claimed five lives including the owner’s.

A warm down session for the squad on Sunday was cancelled in the aftermath of the horrifying fireball.

But the players returned to a “sombre” Belvoir Drive training ground on Monday morning before heading as a team to the stadium.

Now stars, including keeper Kasper Schmeichel who rushed out to the crash site when the helicopter came down, must decide when they are mentally right for the rigours of Premier League football.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Leicester City players will decide on Saturday’s game

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:11 am

VINCE ALM:

Head of Cardiff City Supporters Club :bluebird:

Leicester V City this Saturday; There is a lot of speculation regards this fixture around on different networks, but I can confirm that NO DECISION has been made yet by anyone regards Saturday.

I spoke to people at the club today and although there is dialogue between the two clubs regards the tragic accident on the weekend there has quite rightly been no dialogue to do with the fixture.

Things are still raw, staff, players, families, and friends of those who lost their lives need time to grieve and come to terms with the tragedy, and Saturday game is not that important to them at this time.

I know lots of Cardiff supporters are very enthusiastic to show their support to Leicester City at this sad time which is very commendable, but we as supporters, and Cardiff City FC cannot plan anything until Leicester City are in a position where they feel they can make a decision along with the football authorities.

If the game does go ahead I know the club are investigating what tribute they can provide in whatever time is allocated to them to prepare one.

There are some good ideas being floated about by different supporters which will depend on time restraint which ones we can do

Re: “ Leicester City players will decide on Saturday’s game

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 pm

They'll want it to go ahead. A win is what they'll need to start getting some positivity back amongst the club, and a trip to their "easiest" fixture of the season is surely the way to go.

I feel we have absolutely little to no chance of winning this fixture.