Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: " LEICESTER CITY GAME "

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:30 pm

LEICESTER CITY HAVE SOLD THEIR FULL AWAY ALLOCATION OF 3,000 TICKETS / WITH MANY MORE EXPECTED TO TRAVEL.

TICKETS STILL ON SALE FOR THE CARDIFF HOME SECTIONS / A CROWD OF UP TO 33,000 IS EXPECTED :bluebird:

Leicester City latest: Cardiff to pay fitting tribute to Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha if fixture goes ahead

Leicester players were believed to be returning to training today

London Evening Standard

By Simon Johnson

Tuesday 30th October 2018

Neil Warnock has promised Leicester that Cardiff will make their Premier League game a fitting tribute to owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha should it go ahead this weekend.

The club’s owner was one of five people to die on Saturday when the helicopter he was travelling in crashed just outside King Power Stadium.

The club’s players enjoyed a very close bond with Srivaddhanaprabha and have been undergoing grief counselling. An announcement about the Cardiff fixture is expected within the next 24 hours.

Mourners sign book of condolence in Leicester

Cardiff manager Warnock insists his club will accept whatever Leicester want to do, telling Standard Sport:

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We are all behind Leicester, the players and the fans. Whatever they decide will be fine by us. That is far more important than a football game.

“We can’t have a say in it whatsoever. We are all supportive. Vincent Tan (Cardiff’s owner) knew Vichai well and so did the others."

“I don’t know when a decision is going to be made. There are all sorts of things that have to be taken into consideration."

“I can promise the Cardiff fans will be amazing if the game takes place, though. I’m sure there will be a lot of tears. Our supporters have been absolutely fantastic this season and will make sure it is a suitable occasion, but it will be a difficult afternoon.”

Leicester players were believed to be returning to training on Tuesday, having had Monday's session cancelled. Instead, they went to the stadium to pay their respects, along with Srivaddhanaprabha’s wife and son Aiyawatt, who is vice-chairman.

Warnock has sympathy for Leicester’s predicament, regardless of when they return to action. “Whatever the situation, wherever they play next, it is going to be hard work,” he said.

“If it was me, I’d want to get out on the pitch after a week like this, but other lads may not feel the same, so it has to be down to their manager (Claude Puel) and the club. It’s only them that know what the feeling is like inside the camp."

“Everything the Premier League has planned for this weekend — teams across the division wearing black armbands and a period of silence — I approve of, absolutely.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: " LEICESTER CITY GAME "

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Leicester City defender Daniel Amartey, who is recovering from a serious injury sustained during Saturday’s match, visited King Power Stadium this afternoon to pay his personal respects to Khun Vichai.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.