Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blue and White Unite!

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 pm

There was a post earlier, encouraging City fans bringing on their Blue and White scarfes, flags, and whatever, to our next home game v Leicester City ,,,, Fantastic ,,,, bring it on !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Blue and White Unite!

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Let us support our friends at Leicester City FC at this tragic and difficult time. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Here Here! :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Good idea.

It’s the perfect balance I think, not pushing our respects too far.

I am sure Leicester City will have big things planned in way of remembrance for their home game against Burnley.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Could we hold our scarves up on 60 mins and sing our welsh national anthem to the leicster fans from our club and country.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:36 pm

as gesture of blue and white, what price giving leicester the opportunity of playing in blue with cardiff playing in our away strip in respect to them :bluebird:

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:53 pm

montyblue wrote:Could we hold our scarves up on 60 mins and sing our welsh national anthem to the leicster fans from our club and country.

What?

I've seen you mention it a few times now, what's the significance of the 60 minute thing?

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:17 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Could we hold our scarves up on 60 mins and sing our welsh national anthem to the leicster fans from our club and country.

What?

I've seen you mention it a few times now, what's the significance of the 60 minute thing?

Chairman was 60 .

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:18 pm

PAULH 85
The 61st minute to be precise the owners age apologies thought they stated he was 60 not 61 years of age

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:04 am

No

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:43 am

What are Leicester planning to do during the game? Remember to pay our respects before the whistle but after the whistle goes it should be about us getting 3 points.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 am

I personally think any tribute should be in the 5th minute as a mark of respect for the number of people who tragically lost their life last Saturday, including a heroic pilot who prevented casualties of a larger number with his actions. Then again, if Leicester City are holding up scarves in the 60th minute due to their chairman’s age, I will respect their wishes and do likewise.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:I personally think any tribute should be in the 5th minute as a mark of respect for the number of people who tragically lost their life last Saturday, including a heroic pilot who prevented casualties of a larger number with his actions. Then again, if Leicester City are holding up scarves in the 60th minute due to their chairman’s age, I will respect their wishes and do likewise.

Just the minute silence, then support Cardiff City, we need three points !!!

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 am

Bluebina wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:I personally think any tribute should be in the 5th minute as a mark of respect for the number of people who tragically lost their life last Saturday, including a heroic pilot who prevented casualties of a larger number with his actions. Then again, if Leicester City are holding up scarves in the 60th minute due to their chairman’s age, I will respect their wishes and do likewise.

Exactly.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:11 am

FFS do the minutes silence or whatever it is before the game and then once game starts that s it. No gestures during the game. We need 3 points . This is complete madness

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 am

fred keenor wrote:What are Leicester planning to do during the game? Remember to pay our respects before the whistle but after the whistle goes it should be about us getting 3 points.

Leicester...well the players are planning the biggest mark of respect of the lot which is giving 100% and beating us..
and no doubt Leicesters fans will be doing all they can to spur them on to achieving this..

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 am

The Leicester Mercury (their local paper) states that there will be a minute's silence and black armbands. Thats probably all that's needed.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Nora0343 wrote:FFS do the minutes silence or whatever it is before the game and then once game starts that s it. No gestures during the game. We need 3 points . This is complete madness

Hallelujah!!! Some sense. 100% agree.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 pm

bluebird58 wrote:The Leicester Mercury (their local paper) states that there will be a minute's silence and black armbands. Thats probably all that's needed.

Agree. City cannot let the emotion and sentimentality get to them; its about the 3 points once the whistle blows.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Nora0343 wrote:FFS do the minutes silence or whatever it is before the game and then once game starts that s it. No gestures during the game. We need 3 points . This is complete madness

Hallelujah!!! Some sense. 100% agree.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Softies.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:01 am

jon1959 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Exactly.

I totally agree with this. My post was made on the basis that the “four others,” don’t seem to get such media coverage.