Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Respect for Leicester fans

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm

I have no doubt that our fans will respect whatever arrangements are made for a tribute on Saturday including a minutes applause or silence and will do so impeccably.

And there is no doubt that when the game gets underway we have to back our boys who must concentrate on getting all three points no matter how the tragedy may have affected the Leicester players.

But can we perhaps respect their fans and club by not trotting out the usual songs during the game like "England's full of shit", "Always shit on the English side of the bridge", "England run from Russia", "Football's coming home" etc?

I never understand why we sing this song anyway because we sometimes have more English players on the pitch than the opposition! :o

I'm sure it's a forlorn hope because some knob is bound to start off one of those chants but I just think it would be more respectful and classy of us during the game to concentrate our songs and support on backing the team in a positive way rather than the usual abuse handed out to travelling supporters.

Re: Respect for Leicester fans

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Class a very apt word and the biggest ask-unfortunately a small minority of our lot have none.

Re: Respect for Leicester fans

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:04 pm

davids wrote:I have no doubt that our fans will respect whatever arrangements are made for a tribute on Saturday including a minutes applause or silence and will do so impeccably.

And there is no doubt that when the game gets underway we have to back our boys who must concentrate on getting all three points no matter how the tragedy may have affected the Leicester players.

But can we perhaps respect their fans and club by not trotting out the usual songs during the game like "England's full of shit", "Always shit on the English side of the bridge", "England run from Russia", "Football's coming home" etc?

I never understand why we sing this song anyway because we sometimes have more English players on the pitch than the opposition! :o

I'm sure it's a forlorn hope because some knob is bound to start off one of those chants but I just think it would be more respectful and classy of us during the game to concentrate our songs and support on backing the team in a positive way rather than the usual abuse handed out to travelling supporters.

Brilliant, wasn't the owner from Thailand though?
Are all Leicester fans welcoming of the welsh now?

You make no sense sorry, in the context that you mean it. I agree that the anti English songs are shit though, at any game.