Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hibs manager Neil Lennon struck in the face from the crowd

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:23 pm

Hibs manager Neil Lennon was struck in the face by an object thrown from the crowd as Hearts had what would have been a stoppage-time winner disallowed in a ferocious Edinburgh derby.

Clevid Dikamona's 91st-minute header was ruled offside before a celebrating Lennon was hit from the main stand.

The Hibs manager fell to the ground on impact. A concerned Craig Levein, the Hearts boss, came across to talk to his counterpart. It was a show a solidarity about the unforgiveable idiocy of those Hearts supporters. Because of this incident - and for others that happened on the night - there'll be serious repercussions.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoalXoOkirk

Lennon later declared he wanted to meet the spectator who hit him with a coin thrown from behind the dugout.

“My jaw is throbbing,” he said. “I’m very, very angry. I’m fizzing about it. It’s disgraceful. I don’t blame the club – you can’t legislate for the hatred of some individuals or the badness. I believe Zlamal was hit as well. It’s just ridiculous. Hopefully both individuals will be singled out.

“I would like to meet the individual who threw the coin at me some day because I am not happy about it at all.”

When asked what he would say to him, Lennon said: “It’s not for public consumption, trust me. The referee might have had some missiles thrown at him as well. I don’t know who by.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Hibs manager struck to the ground tonight “

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:17 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Hibs manager Neil Lennon was struck in the face by an object thrown from the crowd as Hearts had what would have been a stoppage-time winner disallowed in a ferocious Edinburgh derby.

Clevid Dikamona's 91st-minute header was ruled offside before a celebrating Lennon was hit from the main stand.

The Hibs manager fell to the ground on impact. A concerned Craig Levein, the Hearts boss, came across to talk to his counterpart. It was a show a solidarity about the unforgiveable idiocy of those Hearts supporters. Because of this incident - and for others that happened on the night - there'll be serious repercussions.

Never would condone this but just saw the video of him celebrating and goading the fans when Hearts had a goal disallowed :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Hibs manager Neil Lennon was struck in the face by an object thrown from the crowd as Hearts had what would have been a stoppage-time winner disallowed in a ferocious Edinburgh derby.

Never would condone this but just saw the video of him celebrating and goading the fans when Hearts had a goal disallowed :o

Come on be fair, its a derby game away and they have a history, a few years ago a fan ran on to get to him. Fans these days have to expect banter back, if they can't handle it. Shut up sit down

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:44 am

bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Come on be fair, its a derby game away and they have a history, a few years ago a fan ran on to get to him. Fans these days have to expect banter back, if they can't handle it. Shut up sit down

Fair point.
I did say that I don’t condone it but from what I’ve seen he does love to wind up the crowd

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:47 am

bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I suppose the other way to look at it is to say if that happened a few years ago, HE should be the one to sit down and shut up.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:08 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.
I did say that I don’t condone it but from what I’ve seen he does love to wind up the crowd

What would've happened if say Martinez or Rogers had done this whilst at Swansea... Asking for trouble IMO.

Re: Hibs manager Neil Lennon struck in the face from the cro

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:43 pm

Hibs manager Neil Lennon struck by coin in fiery Edinburgh derby draw

The Guardian

Thursday 1st November 2018

The Hibernian head coach, Neil Lennon, and the Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal were both floored by incidents involving spectators during a chaotic and goalless Edinburgh derby which also saw the Hibs striker Florian Kamberi sent off.

Zlamal appeared to be struck by the arm of a fan in the Hibs end as he went to retrieve the ball from behind his goal and missiles appeared to rain down as he got up and gestured in defiance.

Lennon was later struck in the face by a pound coin after Clévid Dikamona had a stoppage-time goal ruled out for offside and the game was held up as he received treatment.

Lennon later declared he wanted to meet the spectator who hit him with a coin thrown from behind the dugout.

“My jaw is throbbing,” he said. “I’m very, very angry. I’m fizzing about it. It’s disgraceful. I don’t blame the club – you can’t legislate for the hatred of some individuals or the badness. I believe Zlamal was hit as well. It’s just ridiculous. Hopefully both individuals will be singled out.

“I would like to meet the individual who threw the coin at me some day because I am not happy about it at all.”

When asked what he would say to him, Lennon said: “It’s not for public consumption, trust me. The referee might have had some missiles thrown at him as well. I don’t know who by.

“It’s blackening the name of both clubs and Scottish football. This should be a showpiece game, it was feisty and intimidating, everything you expect. But if people can’t behave, they should be banned, singled out, embarrassed and humiliated, because they have humiliated the club.”

Lennon turned round towards the celebrating Hearts fans after the goal was disallowed but he dismissed any suggestion he had done anything wrong.

“It was light-hearted the whole game, there was no malice, a bit of banter between me and a couple of fans,” he said. “Their mode of thinking will be ‘he brings it on himself’. Sorry, that doesn’t wash. That’s why I am angry. It could have been a lot worse.”

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoalXoOkirk

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.

You live by the sword then you die by it as the saying goes. :thumbup:
What would've happened if say Martinez or Rogers had done this whilst at Swansea... Asking for trouble IMO.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.

NO one deserves to be struck, very very cowardly, BUT Neil Lennon, continually baits crowds and in my opinion looks for trouble.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.

NO one deserves to be struck, very very cowardly, BUT Neil Lennon, continually baits crowds and in my opinion looks for trouble.

100% agree with that

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:53 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.

100% agree with that

You only have to ask how come Lennon is in the media regarding incidents like this, more than any other British sportsman/women? ? ?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.

100% agree with that

You only have to ask how come Lennon is in the media regarding incidents like this, more than any other British sportsman/women? ? ?

I know. He seems to have a big chip on his shoulder. Also, when most are trying to calm down the sectarian problems that exist in Scotland, he constantly seems to be fanning the flames. As you say though, nobody deserves to have objects thrown at them.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 pm

NEIL LENNON:

Speaks after incident
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEVy25boZfY

"Furious" Hibs manager Neil Lennon called for the supporter who hit him with a coin during a stormy goalless Edinburgh derby to be "singled out".

Lennon was struck "on the jaw" moments after appearing to celebrate Hearts having an injury-time goal disallowed.

Hearts keeper Zdenek Zlamal was also "punched" by a fan while both assistant referees, Frank Connor and David McGeachie, were struck by objects.

"It's unsavoury to say the least. It's unacceptable," Lennon said.

"People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes."

Hearts counterpart Craig Levein said it was "ridiculous" Lennon and Zlamal were subjected to such attacks.

"There's no place for that," Levein said. "Bobby got punched [by a supporter] at one end and Neil has been hit by some idiot with a coin.

"I got a fright when I saw Lenny on the ground. I hope they catch whoever it was that threw it. They need to be dealt with."

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Excellent, shame it hit the phony prick on the chest.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:18 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point.

100% agree with that

I know. He seems to have a big chip on his shoulder. Also, when most are trying to calm down the sectarian problems that exist in Scotland, he constantly seems to be fanning the flames. As you say though, nobody deserves to have objects thrown at them.

Scotland is not a religious country, very few attend church. What the media and the well funded anti sectarian industry describe as sectarianism is frequently no more than football rivalry.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Brings it on himself

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:29 pm

He always asks for stuff like this to happen.

Impossible to have any sympathy for him.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Poor old Lenny. Why does it always happen to him?
I’ll tell you why Neil, because you’re a horrible c**t.
A nasty, snarling, poisonous c**t.
And, after every time he’s incited trouble, gets in straight away playing the victim card.
Can’t condone the coin throwing (thought it hit him in the chest btw), but he’s far from innocent in all this.
You reap what you sow Neil.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Jock wrote:Excellent, shame it hit the phony prick on the chest.

are you sure..?
he is on the floor holding his face..
and remained there long enough for the paramedics to attend.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Levein only went over to get the coin before anyone else snaffled it..

Lennon may learn to keep his mouth shut one day...deserves what he gets at the mo’.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm

dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:Excellent, shame it hit the phony prick on the chest.

are you sure..?
he is on the floor holding his face..
and remained there long enough for the paramedics to attend.

Hits him on the chest he looks down then decides to fall to the floor. Where’s the mark on his face if the coin hit him with sufficient force to drop him?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm

He gave some banter and they threw an object which clearly caused him some harm, I can't believe some of the posts trying to some what justify it... we were singing all sorts at Joe Hart and Alfie Mawson and both of them laughed and played on it.. the supporters couldn't take it.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:28 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:He gave some banter and they threw an object which clearly caused him some harm, I can't believe some of the posts trying to some what justify it... we were singing all sorts at Joe Hart and Alfie Mawson and both of them laughed and played on it.. the supporters couldn't take it.

throwing coins is wrong, and yes could take an eye out etc..
but come on.....what actually happened was a coin hit his clothed body and he is on the floor being attended by paramedics...

if that happened to you down the pub and you over reacted to that extent your mates would ridicule you forever..?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:He gave some banter and they threw an object which clearly caused him some harm, I can't believe some of the posts trying to some what justify it... we were singing all sorts at Joe Hart and Alfie Mawson and both of them laughed and played on it.. the supporters couldn't take it.

throwing coins is wrong, and yes could take an eye out etc..
but come on.....what actually happened was a coin hit his clothed body and he is on the floor being attended by paramedics...

if that happened to you down the pub and you over reacted to that extent your mates would ridicule you forever..?

Come off it, it clearly struck him on his face. Didn't not hit his clothed body at all.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Shame really the people saying this and that about Lennon is exactly why banter and all that is fading out of football and the comments on here show going against Lennon that no-one can't accept banter in the game. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:18 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Shame really the people saying this and that about Lennon is exactly why banter and all that is fading out of football and the comments on here show going against Lennon that no-one can't accept banter in the game. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
the game has got softer mate...with grounds full of politically correct moan about everthing drama queens..

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Shame really the people saying this and that about Lennon is exactly why banter and all that is fading out of football and the comments on here show going against Lennon that no-one can't accept banter in the game. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
the game has got softer mate...with grounds full of politically correct moan about everthing drama queens..

It has got soft mate with you on that.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:31 am

"manager", pmsl, as an anglo brit, he deservers whatever he reeps....and in this case...its thrown...no excuses.....sewn. :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:36 am

<<< soz, anglo BRITISH" who gives a toss about him anyway...worse thing happen all over apart from him going down like a swansea jack and waiting.....waiting ...and waiting for the first aides to go to him pmsl