Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's all about perspective....

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 am

What happened last Saturday was heartbreaking. Five lives lost for no apparent reason. I guess when you look at what happened it makes us all look at our own mortality. I feel for the Leicester fans and family, I really do. But as much as I empathise with another club's loss I will not lose focus on what really matters to me.......Cardiff City.

It's easy to get caught up in a tidal wave of sympathy and compassion, they are natural feelings from caring individuals such as ourselves. But we must put this into perspective. The Leicester players are going to be more fired up than ever to try and smash us and get a win, doing it for their late Chairman!

This is where we come in, us mere mortals, who have been supporting City for God knows how long! We respect any pre-match tribute Leicester and their fans want to make, but when that whistle goes Leicester are a team of footballers who may prevent us staying in this League. Essentially, like any other team who comes to the CCS, they are the enemy.

Whilst I understand that this is an unusual and unfortunate set of circumstances, we must not forget why we are at the Stadium. We are there to be the 12th man, to urge the City on to get three points. Our vocal support, home and away, has probably been the best in the PL this season. Now is not the time to be muted.

Sorry for your loss Leicester but we are Cardiff City, playing on our turf. We will respect you and your grieving, pre and post match, however, during the 90 minutes our respect will be shown by what we do best, sing the loudest for OUR beloved club.

Re: It's all about perspective....

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:55 am

Spot on. Show our respect with the minutes silence but after that it's 100% support for our team. We need the 3 pts

Re: It's all about perspective....

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 am

Quite right. We can hardly regret that most people now don't see much death or extreme violence , but it does seem to have the effect that they're goulishly fixated when it does happen.
That's something else maybe - your post is an excellent one and it'd be nice to think that people would take note of it.